View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Sudden Impact: The Destination X Fall Out

Rate this Entry
Hey wrestling fans. The Saviour here with another edition of Sudden Impact, where we talk all TNA wrestling.

I want to apologize ahead of time. Sadly, my DVR messed up on me and I was unable to watch this week’s Impact until I found it online today. So, since we’re fresh off the heels of the best PPV of the year, Destination X, let’s get to it.

Bully Ray vs Joseph Park

A good opener. I myself thought it was a bit slow paced. I’m sure it was designed that way to sell the “Joseph Park isn’t a fighter” aspect of it. But it was still an extreme rules match and we got some blood, which is always a good thing. Bully Ray gets the win, which I think was his first in about 4 years, but it was awesome to see Joseph Park bust out a Black Hole Slam and start going the Mankind/Cactus Jack/Dude Love direction with the multiple personalities.

BFG Series Rolls On

I must say that things are quite as predictable with the BFG series. At Destination X, we saw Joe take the lead, as well as a new champ crowned. So, now it doesn’t seem as apparent that it’s just going to be as cut and dry as a James Storm/Bobby Roode collision course.

As for the matches, RVD pulls out a shocking win over Samoa Joe with a roll up in what was a decent and competitive match. Kurt Angle and Mr Anderson gave us another great BFG match. Angle picks up the 7 pts with the Angle slam and I think Mr Anderson is pretty much out of this tournament. I gotta say, I am absolutely loving these BFG match ups. Good stuff.

AJ Styles/Claire Lynch Saga Takes an Unexpected Turn

I wish this angle would just die. But since it won’t, we might as well accept it. Now, not withstanding that, clearly, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian are gluttons for punishment and they keep poking the bear with a stick. Claire drops the bombshell. Apparently AJ Styles is the father of her baby. We’ll see. If you ask me, I think this is going to end up with Daniels and Claire being in on it together. That’s just me.

Zema Ion and the X Division

You can’t spell champion without I-O-N. That was actually quite clever. I was also happy to see Dakota Darsow still around after the X Division tournament. I hope we see more of the participants as they build the X Division back up. Of course, with all the Jesse Sorensen references, I’m sure that we can look forward to a lengthy and successful title reign by Ion before Sorensen returns to dethrone him.

Gail Kim’s Rematch

I am sad to see Gail Kim lose her rematch with Miss Tessmacher. It seems they are going to have Gail more or less feuding with the authority figure that is Brooke Hogan. Whatever if you ask me. I just hope TNA doesn’t do with The Knockouts, what WWE does with the Divas. I’d like to see who Tessmacher’s new opponent and feud is going to be with.

In other news, Miss Tessmacher was on Comic Con All Access Live on Spike TV today, as a Zombie while former MMA star Nate Quarry demonstrated “How to Take Down a Zombie”. She was definitely a hot zombie.

The Austin Aries Promo

Okay, in forums and discussion boards all over the web, everyone is loving the A Double promo. My question is, it was a good promo, but why all the buzz? Because he said that wrestling is going into a “Boom” period? Because he mentioned the CM Punk congratulations? It’s no secret he can work the mic and the crowd and he’s definitely one of, if not the, best thing going in TNA. So what’s with the buzz over this promo? I guess it’s because, He’s Right. TNA is the better organization right now. TNA has been getting a lot of buzz lately. And I firmly believe that their ratings are eventually going to increase and increase a lot. Of course, this DirecTV thing doesn’t help. But if they’re patient, it’ll happen for them. And I don’t know what Bobby Roode was doing but that was a waste. He’s a better character than that and he can work the mic better than that..

The Dead Man’s Hand

Ok, who are these guys? People say they are from AAA in Mexico…or AJPW in Japan…or both. Whoever they are, I hope this angle gets better than just beating down Hogan and Sting. I hope there’s a point. So far, it’s just been gang jumping with kicking and punching. Le’t’s see what these guys are all about. Let’s see what this whole angle is all about.

All in all, it was a decent Impact this week. There were good matches and decent storyline building. Next week is OFN. We already have a Bobby Roode vs Austin Aries main event and it's Open Fight Night. Looking forward to what TNA has in store for us next week.

I hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of Sudden Impact. Be Safe Everyone.

Submit "Sudden Impact: The Destination X Fall Out" to Digg Submit "Sudden Impact: The Destination X Fall Out" to del.icio.us Submit "Sudden Impact: The Destination X Fall Out" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sudden Impact: The Destination X Fall Out" to Google

Updated 07-15-2012 at 12:24 PM by DK Wrestling Savior

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Good blog, and just a quick personal guess: aces and eights is here to kick old wrestlers asses and usher in a new generation of talent (something anti-hogan/flair/sting people would enjoy). What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by alcrissam
    Good blog, and just a quick personal guess: aces and eights is here to kick old wrestlers asses and usher in a new generation of talent (something anti-hogan/flair/sting people would enjoy). What do you think?
    Definitely a possibility. Especially with the direction TNA has been going, it's no longer a WWE leftovers place. They're developing people and letting the young guys take the reigns.
    TNA has been doing veeeeery well as of late. There storylines are solid. In ring action is awesome and they are not afraid to push the younger talent FINALLY a company has the guts to do so. It is so cool to see AA as the world champ and ION as X champ. I also think TNA is doing well because they have multiple main event guys... AA, Roode, Storm, Hardy, Angle, Sting, Joe, Bully (loses a lot but he's still main event quality draws alot of heat) AJ, Anderson, etc... This is where they have a leg up on the WWE. The WWE has the same guys in the M.Event... Outside of Punk and Bryan the other guys is the same ol stuff... Cena, Shemus, Cena, Alberto, Cena, Big Show, oh yeah and CENA!!!! and that's not even mentioning Orton when he comes back.
    Originally Posted by alcrissamGood blog, and just a quick personal guess: aces and eights is here to kick old wrestlers asses and usher in a new generation of talent (something anti-hogan/flair/sting people would enjoy). What do you think?

Definitely a possibility. Especially with the direction TNA has been going, it's no longer a WWE leftovers place. They're developing people and letting the young guys take the reigns.
    I'm hoping that a year from here...they'll get rid of any WWE left over talent except for may be few ppl like Kurt or Hardy...because Kurt n Hardy are really popular as KURT ANGLE and JEFF HARDY not as WWE superstar though...they may have few ppl whom WWE wasted n ppl thought they were ms-used in E like Chris Masters/Pope...but, most of the roster n stories will be focussed only on their stars...(coz, already it is the same case....n by the end of this year..that will become the rend..)

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.