View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts

Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Ok guys, I said I would be back permanently in the last WBC, and here I am! I am tweaking the format again once more, so for those who are usual readers, please tell me what you think.

The Bad
*Anonymous GM is Horny
*4/6 Matches were Squashed
*AJ/Bryan/Punk Angle
*Tag Match Crappy Ending

Ok guys, those are 4 things I found bad with this weeks Raw. First up to bat....the GM. When Santino said he was going to find the GM tonight, and spent most of the night with no luck, i was unsure if we'd get an answer. For a split second I thought maybe the WWE would pull a swerve and Cole would be revealed as the GM. Once I saw Marella come out to the ring though, I looked at my gf and said "son of a bitch...it's hornswoggle." How i wish i wasn't right. This is just sad in my opinion. While I was never a fan of the GM, and had hoped they would have revealed who it was....this wasn't the way to do it. Now the next bad thing about Raw. there were 6 matches total for the night. 4 out of the 6 of them, were basically squash matches. Come on! They are building up to the 1,000th Raw...what kind of build up is this? This is the go home show for MITB. This just sucked! No quality matches, nothing that made any of us go "holy shit..did you see what happened on Raw last night"...ok wait...we all might be saying that now..but not for any good reason. Now on to the Aj/Punk/Bryan angle. This is going to be in both the good and bad section, and you'll see why. To me, this whole marriage/proposal is bull. I've never been a fan of it in the WWE, and to see this feud get muddled down by it, just sucks. I am all for crazy AJ. I'm all for Punk vs Bryan..but this love triangle has become the bermuda triangle. On the final note is the tag match with Kane, Cena, Jericho, and SHow. What a shitty ending! Come on! The match ends because Show pulls Cena out breaking up the pin? You've got to be freaking kidding me! Wow...just wow is the only thing I can say to that.

The Indifferent
*Sheamus vs Swagger
*Bob Backlund
*Brodus vs Drew McIntyre

Now on to the indifferent. First up is Sheamus vs Swagger. There is no deny, Swagger has sunk. He isn't a part of the Guerrero stable anymore, he is fending for himself, and well, he isn't going anywhere. There is no denying he has talent and could do well, but that isn't going to happen. Did this match hurt Swagger? No, because he is already at a low. Did it help Sheamus? Not really. To me, this was just blah. Could have been pulled out of Raw and no one would have cared. Now on to Bob Backlund. I didn't grow up watching the WWE, so I don't know much about the guy. Frankly though, the whole segment just screamed boring to me. Yes I get he is a legend and he deserves respect, but they couldn't find anyone else better than him this week? Finally, Brodus vs Drew. Now for a few weeks I've been wondering what has happened to Drew. Now we know. He has been sent off to the island of misfit wrestlers, where all wrestlers who get squashed by Ryback, Brodus, or Tensai have gone until they need to be used as a jobber again. Sad since Drew has potential.

The Good
*AJ/Punk/Bryan
*The Rock

Yep...that is how much this show stunk. There is only 2 things that were good, and one of em was also bad! Now to clear the air. Why I consider AJ/Punk/Bryan good is because of this. Look at Kane's feud with Cena, and every Cena feud since then. It has main evented PPV's, and ended Raws. Last week and this week are the first two weeks in a while where I don't remember a Cena segment ending Raw. This gives me hope that the main event at MITB will be the WWE championship, and that is a great thing. Now on to the best thing of Raw. The Rock. How I've missed the Rock. With the 1,000th Raw coming up, I've been wondering if he would show up, and simply put, I am glad he is. I expect goosebumps watching that night, and simply cannot wait to see what The Great One has in store.

Overall
Overall this Raw sucked. Hands down. No great or good matches. No great or good segments...just sucked. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give this a 1 easily. There was nothing from this show that 5 years from now, any of us will remember.

Random Thoughts
*Mysterio
*1,000th Raw
*New Signings
*Bray Wyatt

So some random thoughts. I really hope to see Mysterio back in the ring. Yes he is getting older, but he can still go. I don't remember if this is his 1st of 2nd suspension, but hopefully it doesn't hinder a push for him. I'd like to see him used to put over a younger talent when the Cruiserweight Show comes to fruition. Now on to the 1000th Raw. This should be epic. We've got Taker confirmed, Lesnar, Hart, DX, and The Rock. The show should be great...*crosses fingers*...I hope. PAC, Sara Del Ray, Matt Taven, Mercedes Martinez have all been signed. I don't know much about Matt or Mercedes, but I've heard of Sara, and seen matches with PAC. I am excited for this new talent. They are really doing great stuff. Look at the new NXT and you'll be amazed. Finally, Bray Wyatt. I love this character. He is out with an injury for 6 months I believe, but hopefully they continue to let him be a part of NXT as a mouth piece. He is perfect that way.

Well guys and gals, I look forward to any and all comments! Until next time, stay Raw!

Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to Digg Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This was probably the best format so far, you should indeed stick with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by theunderdog84
    he was a perfect choice. just cause some of the fans are too young like u to understand doesnt mean he was the wrong choice. I mean Zid got a huge pop but clearly he was a wrong choice the man can barely move. No i stand by my statement, idiot. Your blog was also poorly written and put together. I put your age at 15/16 judging by your grammar and lack of knowledge.
    The fact that you called Bearkg an "idiot" is way below 15/16. And I'd like to see you try and make a blog.
    yeah ur an idiot after ur comment about Bob Backlund. Even if you didnt grow up watching WWE, you should know this was the biggest legend so far in the legend segment of raw. He is everything a legend should be and more. The man had the second longest reign in WWE history and even in the nineties when he came back and was crazy Mr. Bob Backlund he was still awesome. His rivalry with Bret Hart was amazing to watch and he once again became WWE champion. I mean did u see this man in the ring tonight he is frigin 62!!!! he moves better than any so called legend out there. Rick Flair, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Jimmy Fly, Sargent Slaughter, Halksaw, Dusty Rhodes etc.... dont hold a candle to the fitness and movement of this man and he is as i said 62!
    Find someone better this week my ass.
    Rant over.
    You are gonna get massive heat for this kid!! way to go !! you have a bright future in the business !!
    he was a perfect choice. just cause some of the fans are too young like u to understand doesnt mean he was the wrong choice. I mean Zid got a huge pop but clearly he was a wrong choice the man can barely move. No i stand by my statement, idiot. Your blog was also poorly written and put together. I put your age at 15/16 judging by your grammar and lack of knowledge.
    Unable to start a sentence with capital letters. Unable to spell 'You' in full without resorting to text speak. Unable to spell 'Sid.' Unable to use the correct punctuation for 'doesn't'. Unable to construct coherent sentences, 'He was a wrong choice.'

So if bear is 15/16 I put you at about 9. Apparently the average viewer age of WWE fans.... so I must concur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979
    Unable to start a sentence with capital letters. Unable to spell 'You' in full without resorting to text speak. Unable to spell 'Sid.' Unable to use the correct punctuation for 'doesn't'. Unable to construct coherent sentences, 'He was a wrong choice.'

So if bear is 15/16 I put you at about 9. Apparently the average viewer age of WWE fans.... so I must concur.
    I choked on my morning coffee reading this. LOL.... Priceless...

As for the blog bearkg88; I loved it as usual. Like the new format, you should stick with it.
    yeah ur an idiot after ur comment about Bob Backlund. Even if you didnt grow up watching WWE, you should know this was the biggest legend so far in the legend segment of raw. He is everything a legend should be and more. The man had the second longest reign in WWE history and even in the nineties when he came back and was crazy Mr. Bob Backlund he was still awesome. His rivalry with Bret Hart was amazing to watch and he once again became WWE champion. I mean did u see this man in the ring tonight he is frigin 62!!!! he moves better than any so called legend out there. Rick Flair, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Jimmy Fly, Sargent Slaughter, Halksaw, Dusty Rhodes etc.... dont hold a candle to the fitness and movement of this man and he is as i said 62!
    Find someone better this week my ass.
    Rant over.
    I completey agree with Bear. Why wouldn't they use someone who is, oh i don't know, actually relavent to WWE today. Or someone who is a fixture in the Attitude Era or something like that. Really, I think WWE has dropped the ball on this whole legends thing, mostly because the segments have dead audience reactions and because of the involvment of heath slater.
    And I enjoyed the blog, and I like the format
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.