View RSS Feed

bearkg88

WBC Top 5 Series #12: Top 5 Comedy Moments

Rate this Entry
What is up everybody? Time for another edition of WBC Top 5. This week, the champ Akbar, defends his title against a known blogger on this site, knox. The topic is top 5 comedy moments. So without further adieu, here is Knox's list!

Knox

5. Piper's Pit: Roddy Piper, Morton Downey Jr. & Brother Love
I wasn't alive when this took place but its something that always kept me in stitches. Morton Downey was excellent here and was funny as hell. Classic material.

4. The Rock & Stone Cold sing a duet
Just an all time funny moment. To see these two rivals get along for once at the expense of country music. My favorite part is when Austin called Rocky a "ssss.ssssss Son of a Bitch". Lol great stuff.

3. Stone Cold opens up a can of whoop ass on Booker T in a Supermarket
Maybe one of the most viewed beatings in wrestling history. I was tempted to put their encounter in the bingo hall on here as well but I went with the Supermarket run in. Great stuff.

2. DX mocks The Nation of Domination
I think Road Dogg's impersonation of D-Lo by running on the turnbuckle after every sentence "The Crock" say's is what makes this that damn funny.

1. Stone Cold gives Vince, Shane & The Rock a "Beer Bath"
Vince attempting to swim in the beer is what makes this the funniest moment in wrestling history. Hands down.

Great list from Knox! Now it is time for the champ! Here we go!

Akbar

Now I have to say out of all the list topics I've done, this probably has to be the hardest and most difficult to rank and put in a list. The topic is very broad and there are tons of moments that could make the list, everyone has their preference and taste in comedy so I'm just going to list 5 of the funniest moments I can currently think of. So after spending a long time scouring through YouTube to see which clips I find the list I have finally arranged a list.
Also I'm not sure how much discription I'll have under the video because the video will probably speak for it self and I'll just say why I find it funny.

5. The Rock imitates Big Show, Rikishi, Triple H and Stone Cold.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TTdj-LDuwgA
Making his first of 2 appearances in this list, The Great One mimics his fellow wrestlers. Personal favourite would have to be him doing Triple H, Lol done it exactly how HHH would.

4. Stone Cold trolls Stephanie McMahon.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFg2TliAsRk
In this clip she's a victim of Stone Cold's famous catchphrase 'What'. Stephanie Macmahon, the spoilt brat character had many comical moment. Stone Cold has many videos that are hilarious and after many observations. I have gone for this video because first Stephanie gets annoyed and second Stone Cold going crazy on Cole at the end.

3. The Rock makes fun of Eddie Guerrero.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y92A5fQtzg0
Yes the king of the mic is back, search on YouTube and there is over a million videos of The Rock in some truly hilarious moments. After a tough tough decision on which I found the funniest, I have chosen this one. The Rocks mockery of my number 2 with a bit of friendly racism is brilliant. I also love the fact that Rock used some Spanish words instead of English to finish his catchphrase.

2. Eddie Guerrero and the gay doctor.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SlI_kTVRXTs
Eddie and Batista had great chemistry together, all be it Eddie was the one who carried the team comically. Guerrero is a little comedian, and the gay Doctor is what made drop on the floor laughing.

1. DX Press conference.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhVLhc5bO6w
At the height of their popularity, DX in this clip show everything that was good about all their segments. DX were always the funniest when Shawn Micheals plays the ignorant stupid guy while Triple H is somewhat the voice of reason but also being the brain of the group. The profanity language used during the conference of not using the language is the comedic irony of this clip. Watch the video and enjoy.

Great choices from the champ. Now you decide who the winner is! Also, apologies to Akbar as I no matter what I tried I couldnt get his videos to show up like Knox's, so make sure to click on the link and check out each of his videos before voting!

Submit "WBC Top 5 Series #12: Top 5 Comedy Moments" to Digg Submit "WBC Top 5 Series #12: Top 5 Comedy Moments" to del.icio.us Submit "WBC Top 5 Series #12: Top 5 Comedy Moments" to StumbleUpon Submit "WBC Top 5 Series #12: Top 5 Comedy Moments" to Google

Updated 07-13-2012 at 08:10 PM by bearkg88

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Akbar gets my vote due to the election speech. Classic.
    Ak-eth Bar-eth gets my vote
    I credit Knox for busting out the classic moment of Piper's Pit w/ Morton Downey Jr. But I must give my vote to Akbar. Basically for Rock imitating Hell in a Cell and Rock making fun of Eddie Guerrero.

I'm surprised that "Rock, This Is Your Life" didn't make either list.
    I'll throw Knox a bone, but come on. I'm not trying to be a douche, but imo there was some BIG ones missed.

The Rock Show Sacramento- funniest thing I ever saw.

Vince in the hospital- birth of Mr Socko and stone cold playing the Dr.

Mr America and Vince lie detector segment.

Triple H marrying Steph while she's passed out in a drive thru.

About any segment with Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon.

Vince "Stand Back" song performance

Lots of early Y2J stuff...etc

And this is just the WWE. I didn't even touch on the original ECW. Lots of moments there. Look up Joel Gertner.
    Updated 07-14-2012 at 02:26 PM by Playboy Stevie V
    gotta go with KNOX.

DX mocking the Nation is 1 of my fav moments ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V
    I'll throw Knox a bone, but come on. I'm not trying to be a douche, but imo there was some BIG ones missed.

The Rock Show Sacramento- funniest thing I ever saw.

Vince in the hospital- birth of Mr Socko and stone cold playing the Dr.

Mr America and Vince lie detector segment.

Triple H marrying Steph while she's passed out in a drive thru.

About any segment with Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon.

Vince "Stand Back" song performance

Lots of early Y2J stuff...etc

And this is just the WWE. I didn't even touch on the original ECW. Lots of moments there. Look up Joel Gertner.
    Thats the thing, everyone has their own taste in comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    Thats the thing, everyone has their own taste in comedy.
    Okay, okay, okay. Man though...The Rock Show but....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.