View RSS Feed

edgor95

Booker E': Booking Summerslam

Rate this Entry
Hello all, Edgor95 here. After being pleased with the responses (or the fact that there was one at all) from my last blog, Booking MITB, I thought I would try to do a consistent one about the Booking of all the PPVs.

The format is match, likely WWE pick, and what I would do, follow by an explanation of both. They are in no particular order, just from the list of official matches I've heard about.
Pre-Show: Santino Marella (c) vs Antonia Cesaro: United States Championship Match
WWE Winner: Santino Marella
My Winner: Antonio Cesaro

I don't really think this match is one that's going to get more people to tune into the pre-show. While I detest the idea that Santino is going to remain the champion, I think that WWE, with their emphasis on family entertainment (especially with the new TV show), will keep the title on one of the most loved characters by the WWE's younger audience. Most Likely, Santino will get owned, with varying spurts of offense here and there, pull out the Cobra (which is, to me, a terrible rehash of Mr. Socko), and you know the rest. Cesaro has only been around for four months, and while I feel that he's reasonably talented and could definitely be in the upper mid-card by December, I don't see the US title in his hands just yet.

Kane Vs Daniel Bryan: Standard Singles Match
WWE Winner: Kane
My Winner: Kane

Boy, has Daniel Bryan had a bad month. He was left at the alter, lost a plethora of matches, and now has to face the psychotic (isn't that what he's supposed to be nowadays) Kane at Summerslam. I don't see Mr. NO NO NO breaking out of his slump at this event. I feel bad for Daniel Bryan, but am I alone in thinking that there was no story behind this match? Was this an excuse for calling AJ crazy, or just something creative threw in? It bugs me, but whatever. Kane will win and the Yeses will be loud and plentiful.

R-Truth and Kofi Kingston vs the Prime Time Players (Titus O'Neil and Darren Young): Tag Team Match for the WWE Tag Team Championships
WWE Winner: PTP
My Winner: PTP

Here's a shock, but for once, I think WWE will listen to their fans and give the titles to an actual tag team. R Truth and Kofi, entertaining and fun for the little guys, are annoying me. Kofi, as has been stated in countless blogs and forum posts, desperately needs a gimmick change, and Little Jimmy is a terrible way of keeping R Truth's mental insanity gimmick relevant. Here's the worst part: Little Jimmy will, inevitably, become a factor in the match, and hopefully betray his erstwhile companion Truth and give the WWE and excuse to revitalize the tag team division. Maybe the days of old, When RVD and Kane, Los Guerreros, Edge and Rey, Booker and Goldust, and Evolution have passed, but that doesn't mean the tag team division had to go to hell. Maybe this win by PTP will be a win for the Usos, Primo and Epico, and the fans

The Miz vs Rey Mysterio: Singles Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
WWE Winner: Rey Mysterio
My Winner: The Miz

This match just irritates me, for several reasons. I get that Rey Mysterio is a talent that they probably want back on TV and in the title hunt, but why schedule a match that has had no build, no pretext for a feud, and just out of the blue. Why isn't Christian in this match?? At least he would have reason to be. I'm somewhat iffy on my decision to have Rey win in the WWE's mind, but for whatever reason, I don't see Miz winning, which is a shame. I'm a big Miz fan, and I want to see him challenging the in main event picture. Who knows, a loss here may be a blessing in disguise. Probably not, but I can dream right?

Triple H (with Shawn Michaels) vs Brock Lesnar (With Paul Heyman): Standard Singles Match
WWE Winner: Triple H
My Winner: Triple H

As much as I would like to see Brock win, with the booking that WWE has done, I wouldn't be able to give Brock the win. In my opinion, WWE has horribly screwed the pooch on this one. Having Cena win at Extreme Rules has robbed Brock Lesnar of any and all of his credibility, and has lead to the ultimate failure of the entire resigning of Lesnar. This match is more of a "you're on contract and you should probably be in a PPV so why not" match. The WWE universe is bored of the Lesnar angle, and hopefully a win by the ever aging Game will end this horrid excuse for a storyline. The same shtick as Extreme Rules, Lesnar bloodies Game, Shawny (whose arm will be quite healed) hits Sweet Chin Music, Game gets the Pedigree, and the win, and Heyman and Lesnar go back home, hopefully to a more successful business endeavour.

Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler: Standard Singles Match
WWE Winner: Dolph Ziggler
My Winner: Dolph Ziggler

I'm a Zigglite. A big Zigglite. And I was really happy to see him win the MITB. His push continues with a convincing, but not dominating, win over Jericho, who is leaving to tour with Fozzy. It wouldn't make much sense to have Jericho win to me, because why push him as he's leaving? Besides, Dolph is on his way up, and all there's left is to get rid of Vickie the Bitch and cash that briefcase in and win the WHC from Sheamus. Zig Zag and pinfall for the win.

Cm Punk vs Big Show vs John Cena: Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
WWE Winner: John Cena or CM Punk
My Winner: Cm Punk

Since WWE has added a new wrinkle to the champion, a heel turn, i don't see why he should lose it now. WWE has planned for punk to either retain or lose to Cena, and it seems like Big Show is just kinda there. After a great match at last year's Summerslam (though not as good as MITB 2011), Big Show's addition is stupid to me. Show will factor in at the end, delivering what will most likely be the final WMD to someone before the other hoist's him on their shoulders. And AA or A GTS will give us a winner.

Other Possible Matches

Sheamus vs Does It Really Matter
WWE Winner: Sheamus
My Winner: Sheamus

Unless Smackdown changes something, ADR will, thankfully, not be in Summerslam. Sheamus therefore, will continue his reign of dominance, which I feel has been poorly booked, and retain. I don't really understand why Sheamus hasn't lost anything since turning face, but alas, it matters not. Brouge for the winner.

Ryback vs JTG

JTG, seeking revenge for Monday night, challenges Ryback again. Please WWE feed him more. I don't feel the need to post results for this one.

Heath Slater vs Wade Barrett

Does The Barrett Barage return at Summerslam. Most likely Heath will issue one of his ever tiring challenges from the ONE MAN BAND BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Considering he hasn't won one (discounting Doink), I don't get why they keep doing this. Easy way to get wade back on TV and keep Heath losing. Again, results seem fairly obvious.

Alright, that's all from me. Please comment up and rip me to shreds if you wish. Edgor out

Submit "Booker E': Booking Summerslam" to Digg Submit "Booker E': Booking Summerslam" to del.icio.us Submit "Booker E': Booking Summerslam" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booker E': Booking Summerslam" to Google

Updated 08-15-2012 at 07:12 PM by edgor95

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

my favorite prediction out of all of them was "Sheamus vs Does It Really Matter" because no one cares about him or the guy he will face. lol

Good stuff
    Dude nice blog. But i disagree with the comment u made about vickie, she is no bitch. No use of even regarding her as one due to her been used as a heel. Ziggler will definately be world champion soon. Its really great to have confidence about him as well. But i can almost guarantee u that he will mess up in the main event some way some how. . U might not see it. But he does need vickie. .his name is not a brand name till now. . His still coming their. Wrestling skills and mic skills are not the only thing that determine a great superstar. He has to have, how do i explain this a click or charisma should i say
    No, you're right. There's been no build up for the Kane/Bryan match, it's just been thrown together. Jericho will want to put Ziggler over and it could possibly steal the show.

I think Triple H will win simply because of his ego. Lesnar should win to give him back some of that monster aura he lost when Cena beat him. It makes him look stronger for the over matches he has to do for his contract. Quite simply, Triple H will win because he can. If he doesn't, I'd expect a re-match.
    Quote Originally Posted by rated.moe
    Dude nice blog. But i disagree with the comment u made about vickie, she is no bitch. No use of even regarding her as one due to her been used as a heel. Ziggler will definately be world champion soon. Its really great to have confidence about him as well. But i can almost guarantee u that he will mess up in the main event some way some how. . U might not see it. But he does need vickie. .his name is not a brand name till now. . His still coming their. Wrestling skills and mic skills are not the only thing that determine a great superstar. He has to have, how do i explain this a click or charisma should i say
    I won't deny that Vickie has aided in Dolph Ziggler's push, much like she did with Edge. The bitch comment was more of the fact that her character is a complete Bitch
    I hope Lesnar wins vs HHH @Summerslam.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.