View RSS Feed

Callum

Who would benefit with a manager?

Rate this Entry
With managers becoming more prominent as of late, this blog will look at which current Wwe wrestlers could find a manager beneficial and why.

Dolph Ziggler with… Ric Flair

Dolph Ziggler reminds me of Flair in many ways and I think they’d work well together. I think Flair could help Ziggler to become a more vicious/serious heel, which would make him look like more of a threat when facing the likes of Sheamus, Randy Orton etc. They could share their promos (ala Flair/HHH promos in Evolution) as Ziggler is great on the mic. I also think Flair would be a good person to turn on and become face as I see Ziggler as a potential face of the company based on how he handles the media, his work rate and his (current) fan support.

The Miz with… Michael Cole
Although Michael Cole’s has tuned down as of late over his love of the Miz and improved his commentating, I still feel he could be the one to get The Miz’s career back on track. If this were to happen then Michael Cole would have to give up his commentating duties to make the role truly work. He could announce that he had a huge announcement to make that would worry everyone in the Wwe including the (WHC Champion). The night could come and The Miz could return and have a no 1 contenders match, which he would win after a distraction by Cole. Cole would then announce himself as the Miz’s new manager.

Alex Riley with… Natalya
Alex Riley has the look, the mic skills and the wrestling ability to make it to at least the upper midcard level. I think adding a female valet/manage would add a bit more personality to Riley, as he hasn’t really got a character yet. I’d keep him as a face though as he gets a great crowd reaction unlike most of the wrestlers in Wwe today. Adding Natalya to the mix would be a good way to keep her relevant and give her some Tv time as she’s not been on Raw in a while.

Kofi Kingston with… Abraham Washington
Kofi Kingston’s been a face far too long and it’s become stale. I’d like to see Kingston and Truth lose the titles only for him to attack R-truth and later Evan Bourne. He could blame them for his position in the company saying they were the ones who held him back. He could then join AW’s stable and claim that AW was going to take him to the next level. After defeating R-Truth and Bourne he could move on too feud with Santino before finally having a big main event push around December-January.

Mark Henry with… Teddy Long
I'll admit this isn't likely but if Teddy Long is to stay around he needs to go back to being a manager. Id like to see Henry snub Aw and reunite with Long (remember Thuggin' And Buggin' Enterprises?). He could form a stable maybe although to begin with he should solely focus on Henry.

Damien Sandow with… William Regal
I know Sandows promos are amazing and you may argue that he doesn't need a manager but in a lot of ways Sandows character resembles William Regal. I think they'd work quite well together, they could go after the tag team belts (The Intellectual Saviours) as the other belts are quite crowded at the moment. I'd give them their own talk show where they'd try and save their rivals. Santino and Ryder would be a good rivalry to start off seeing as they're the main comedy characters at the moment. I think they'd be a very entertaining duo and they'd likely get good heat from the audience.

If i were to go with any of these options I'd go for the Sandow/Regal pairing (Kingston/AW a very close second) as i think they'd be very entertaining, both are good wrestlers and on the mic. In my opinion, they'd really freshen Smackdown up and would help to make it a more entertaining show.

Thanks for reading and make sure you leave a comment below on whether you agree/disagree or if you have any suggestions as to who could manage who.

Submit "Who would benefit with a manager?" to Digg Submit "Who would benefit with a manager?" to del.icio.us Submit "Who would benefit with a manager?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Who would benefit with a manager?" to Google

Updated 07-09-2012 at 05:45 PM by Callum

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I know a lot want if Flair comes back to manage ziggler but I think he should be alone. Want I want to happen is have Ricky Steamboat to manage Richie on Raw when he is brought up. Later down the line have Richie turn on his father to have Ric Flair manage Richie making them both heel. Richie can be like saying that Ricky was a joke of a father and growing up Flair was the real person he idolized growing up and such. Sorry to be honest but I do not see the other ones happening or being that good. The only one I could see slightly happening is Miz and Cole.
    Daniel Bryan with Bob Backland

Drew McIntyre with Roddy Piper

Camacho with Haku

Tyson Kidd with Bret Hart & Natalya

Dolph Ziggler with Ric Flair/ Arn Anderson

Ritchie Steamboat with Ricky Streamboat

Mark Henry with AW/ Tony Atlas

Undertaker with Paul Bearer (nostalgia)

Heath Slater with Michael Hayes

Alex Riley with Jerry Lawler (gets Lawler off of the announcers' table, but keeps him on TV)

Sin Cara with Tito Santana
    do u think Miz n Sandow need any Manager???

NO!!!
    Not a bad list, I guess. I don't really see Michael Cole as a manager. Though, it would be better than listening to him all episode long.

And now, I will try so hard not to rip you here. But tell me something. Please. How in the HELL does Dolph Ziggler remind you of Ric Flair? And do you seriously, really seriously see Dolph Ziggler as the future face of this company? So you think he's the next John Cena? Again. How?

Other than that, pretty good list. I don't agree that all are in need of a manager, but it is an interesting read. Please answer my questions about Ziggler. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    And now, I will try so hard not to rip you here. But tell me something. Please. How in the HELL does Dolph Ziggler remind you of Ric Flair? And do you seriously, really seriously see Dolph Ziggler as the future face of this company? So you think he's the next John Cena? Again. How?
    Please answer my questions about Ziggler. LOL.
    His look reminds me slightly of Dolph, im not saying his in ring style or promos remind me of Flair but if you look at them both together they look like they'd make a good team. I'm not saying he's the next Flair or Michaels as they are all individuals and can't be compared IMO

I'm a fan of Dolph because...
    a) He's good in the ring
    b) He's probably the best seller in the business atm
    c) He's entertaining on the mic (watch Wwe download)
    d) He's a hard worker - to make yourself credible after sending time in a male cheer leading group takes a lot of effort

I don't think he'll be anything like Cena if he becomes the face of the company but he's got the fans support ('let's go Ziggler' chants at NWO) and he handles the media well based on the few interviews I've seen of him. Being the face of the company requires a lot of work and I think Zigglers dedicated enough to make it work.

Just out of interest why aren't you a fan of Ziggler?
    Ok Callum, I will go down your list.

Ziggler/Flair: Good choice. I could totally see that.

Cole/Miz: Miz doesn't need a manager. To me a manager serves as a mouth piece, and Miz does not need that.

Alex Riley/Natalya: To be honest, I'm not sure what I think of this pairing. It could be good or it could be bad. If you were going to have Riley as a heel, Cole would better serve as a manager.

Kofi/AW: This is another one I am not sure of. TO me, I think Kofi has the potential to cut a good promo, just not as a face.

Henry/Long: From Henry's run as champ, it's obvious he doesn't need a manager. He is good enough on the mic to come off as a credible heel.

Sandow/Regal: No...just no. I reallly like the Sandow character. He is perfect on his own. I also like Regal in a talking role. He would be a great manager, just not for Sandow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    His look reminds me slightly of Dolph, im not saying his in ring style or promos remind me of Flair but if you look at them both together they look like they'd make a good team. I'm not saying he's the next Flair or Michaels as they are all individuals and can't be compared IMO

I'm a fan of Dolph because...
    a) He's good in the ring
    b) He's probably the best seller in the business atm
    c) He's entertaining on the mic (watch Wwe download)
    d) He's a hard worker - to make yourself credible after sending time in a male cheer leading group takes a lot of effort

I don't think he'll be anything like Cena if he becomes the face of the company but he's got the fans support ('let's go Ziggler' chants at NWO) and he handles the media well based on the few interviews I've seen of him. Being the face of the company requires a lot of work and I think Zigglers dedicated enough to make it work.

Just out of interest why aren't you a fan of Ziggler?
    If i remember my conversations with DK, he thinks Ziggler is over rated.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.