View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Sudden Impact Special: Destination Xcellence

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Hey wrestling fans. The Saviour here with a special edition of Sudden Impact as we come off what could have been the best PPV of 2012, Destination X. I know that's a bold statement, but if you watched this PPV, you would know that it really can stake a claim to that.

I'm not gonna make this blog long. Just touch on the big points of the PPV, and I'll break it down more on this week's regular Sudden Impact post.

Last Chance Qualifier

Somewhere, I was sort of hoping Joey Ryan was gonna weasel his way in. But either way, it was a good opener, with a lot of high octane action. I was pulling for Rubix, as was most of the crowd, but Mason Andrews getting the win works too. I was glad to see Mason get the win over Kid Kash as well, as that would have been a major disservice.

BFG Series: Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe

After a series of decent X Division tournament matches, we get what very well could be the match of the night. This match was pure gold. Talk about edge of your seat. If not for them being limited by the 15 minute time limit, this could have been Match of the Year Easy. Surprised to see Samoa Joe get the 10 points too. My man is in the lead now.

Last Man Standing: AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels

Well, I praised the last match for being awesome...well guess what? This was even better. Before getting into the match, it was funny watching Daniels having it out with the fan. Now for the match. It had everything you could expect for an AJ Styles match with no rules. High flying action, brutal spots, both men bloody. This match is what an extreme rules match is supposed to be. WWE can really take some lessons from this one. And HOLY SHIT...Styles Clash off the stage, through a table. UNBELIEVABLE. And for the record, I didn't see any padding out there.

*Sorry, I usually don't curse in my blogs, but...HOLY SHIT*

Ultimate X

Styles/Daniels is gonna be tough to follow. But Ultimate X is awesome. The four qualifiers were Zema Ion *which sucked, I wanted Flip in this match*, Kenny King, Sonjay Dutt, and Mason Andrews. And as can be expected, this match was fast paced, high energy, and chock full o' High Spots. I was expecting something of pure insanity when Zema and Sonjay were on top of the steel structure, but it led to an unfortunately crappy ending to the match. Zema sprays Sonjay with hair spray and grabs the belt. A major "Booooooo" moment for this PPV. I really wanted Mason Andrews or Sonjay to win this.

TNA World Championship: Bobby Roode vs Austin Aries

With all of the great matches we had here tonight, I was looking forward to this the most. And I was not disappointed. It was every bit the back and forth wrestling match we expected out of these two. The only thing I can really say about how this match ended is....WOW!!!!!!!!. Roode hits a low blow, A Double kicks out. Roode uses the belt as the ref is down, Aries kicks out. Aries hits a boot the head and nails the brainbuster. NEW CHAMP!

Well, I must say that Destination X was nothing short of Xcellent. Easily the best PPV I've seen this year. Better than anything else they've put on and better than anything WWE put on this year. One thing's for certain. I cannot wait for Thursday, as I'm sure this feud with A Double and Bobby Roode is just getting started.

I hope you enjoyed this special edition of Sudden Impact.

Be Safe.

Submit "Sudden Impact Special: Destination Xcellence" to Digg Submit "Sudden Impact Special: Destination Xcellence" to del.icio.us Submit "Sudden Impact Special: Destination Xcellence" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sudden Impact Special: Destination Xcellence" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think it would be Aries vs Roode vs Storm at BFG
    BFG just got a unpredictable some. They could have Aries vs Joe in the main event in Slammiversary rematch, or Roode could win it back and face Storm. Or Vice Versa.

But on topic, I think this PPV is getting a lot more praise just because Aries won. I am a big fan of both guys and this ending caught everyone off guard so surpise helped this a lot.
    Great blog DK! I was genuinely surprised Aries won. I like it because it now leaves the air of possibility of what are they going to do? Aries vs Joe rematch at BFG? Storm vs Roode without the title on the line? What we are going to get. I love it
    I am glad they finally pulled the trigger when it should with Aries, yes Roode had a great Title run, but character wise Aries put everything on the line, quit a belt to get a dream, and what a match. It was great.

The Last man standing was very cool, but you can't expect anything less from those guys, same with Joe and Angle.

Why not a Re-Match with Joe and Aries but this time For the TNA Heavy-weight title at BFG? A submission match?

That would be awesome.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.