View RSS Feed

OneTimePosterShorry

6 things that tell me Angel Williams wants the WWE

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Let me say this first and foremost, I do not have a obsession with Angel going WWE-bound, nor would I be super excited if she did. However, I can't help but notice there are some little hints and clues left by her and other people that could indicate that the WWE would be her next goal. I'm not saying that I'm being correct or anything, they look very strange and coincidental. Let me explain them one at a time:

Kharma

Even though Kia has yet to wrestle in two matches in WWE, she's supposedly going to be part of some heavily hyped feuds this year. Going back to 2008 and 2009, her feud with The Beautiful People revolutionized the KO Division in TNA making Kharma Angel's biggest rival. Now with Kharma jumping ship to WWE and Angel stuck in TNA doing nothing, how could the rivalry possibly reignite?

When asked on Twitter from a fan if she misses working with Kharma, her response was, "Yes! Very much so!!". Not exactly sure how many exclamation points she included though. You'll likely find it if you did some digging.

Ric Flair and Ashley

Ric Flair was a WWE Legend that Angel has looked up to. She even set an extraneous career goal in a video interview stating that she was going to be a "16-time Knockouts Champion", as many times as Flair was a Top Champion.

However, WWE and TNA settled an agreement to have Flair appear for WWE again during the Four Horsemen's Hall of Fame induction. And shortly after that, Flair was released from TNA on some pretty sketchy terms.

During the final days of Ric Flair's tenure with TNA, it was reported that WWE has signed his daughter, Ashley Fliehr-Johnson to a developmental deal, potentially making her a WWE star in the future. Since Ric has been a big influence to Angel, what an honor it must be to get the chance to wrestle his daughter, oh whom will soon be WWE property and not TNA property.

No Melina

Back in the days of OVW and DSW, Melina was known as a bully. In my second blog you will find a collection of Melina's heat and find a controversial excerpt Melina has typed mentioning Angel as well as Mickie James calling her a "slut".

There have been multiple instances within TNA's creative room of the idea of bringing in John Morrison and Melina.

As I recall, I don't know when Angel said this, but I think it was when she joined TNA, she said she was "happy she was in a company where women don't dance around and be arm candy to the men" or somewhere along those lines. While it seemed like she took a shot at the Divas, she could more specifically meant just Melina, since around that time Melina was "arm candy" to Johnny Nitro AKA Morrison and was doing some dancing and other theatrics in their entrance together.

If Melina and her still have some ongoing bad blood, it would make sense if this was a deciding factor for her to leave TNA to avoid any further issues, and to sign with WWE since Melina is no longer there.

The Tweets from her co-workers sending her off

From the tweets that were posted on this site a couple of days ago, I think I see what they all have in common here:

Velvet Sky: "Such a damn shame!! So much left to do there! I know you're gonna move on to big things bud, good luck and as always I love u!!"

Madison Rayne: "I'll miss seeing your beautiful face. I can't WAIT to see the awesome things you're about to accomplish though."

Devon: "God is with you girl, see you soon."

Tara: "Good luck @ActualALove! You will have success no matter where your journey takes you."

Traci Brooks: "No doubt Angelina Love was one of the best KOs (being canadian and all). I know she'll succeed at whatever lies ahead!"

Rosita: "I love Angel so much and it's gonna suck not being able to work with her and have the great times we have at work BUT I will see her elsewhere and she is such a beautiful and talented woman she will excel in ANYTHING she choses to do next!..."

It's not uncommon to say you wish someone well with what they want to do next in their lives. But with the way they're tweeting, it seems like they already know what she's going to do. Has she told the locker room what she wants to do next? Because what could be possibly "bigger" and "awesomer" than TNA?

But let me quote another part of Rosita's tweet:

"it's gonna suck not being able to work with her"

Gee, why not?! I thought TNA wrestlers were independent contractors so they could still work with her outside of TNA. Why can't she I wonder? Oh, because while signed to WWE, you aren't free to appear at any wrestling event you want. You can only appear for WWE...

TNA's "amicable" decision

I find it unusual for TNA to just allow their 5 time champion to just leave on "amicable" terms. So she's happy to be leaving and they're happy to release her. They're happy to allow her to go any place she wants, am I right? No lawsuit to constrict her, right?

Seems like it. She did provide an email address to her agent already ([email protected]), she's already booked for an event later this month, and uh...what was that other thing? Oh, right. She's no longer going by "Angelina Love", so she's no longer a TNA talent, she's a free agent. So there is likely no no-compete clause or any thing in their lawsuit from TNA that would stop her from getting to "the bigger picture" without WWE getting in trouble.

So if she told the locker room she wants to go to the WWE, did she tell Dixie and other executives too?

Tara's tease from this week's Impact

On the 7/5/12 edition of Impact Wrestling, I came across some results courtesy of PWInsider.com. (I don't watch TNA but this seems pretty helpful.)

"Tara tells her Boo that Brooke makes her and everyone else who ever held that title proud."

There was a pretty strong hint that she could have been referring to Angel at that time. The question though is why didn't Tara acknowledge her straight up if that was the case?

WWE rarely ever mentions people who just been released but when they do they always let us know what their name was.

Michael Cole mentioned Kaval on an episode of NXT Season 4 after he left the WWE and in one of CM Punk's brilliant promos he called out John Laurinaitis by mentioning he wasn't man enough by firing Vladimir Koslov, Chris Masters, and David Hart Smith through phone calls.

Now again, no one can confirm or deny any of these things official "deciding factors", but as I said already they're very intriguing and worth looking at.

Now we all wonder if the WWE wants Angel. There was a report saying they do but no source attached. I don't think they really have much of a choice because if they don't, the Divas would be upset, the fans would be upset, and even TNA would be upset and even try to draw her back. (Maybe the fans should do some "Angelina" chants during Divas matches. They got Daniel Bryan his job back afterall.) I say it would take a number of months until she is called in for a tryout, then even more months until the contract is offered, so we might not see her on any TV any time soon. So for now, don't get your hopes up because you may not hear from either party until a little later in the year.

That is unless WWE and TNA struck some sort of crazy deal, which would explain that "rumor" which was reported so early. Or maybe Angel leaving TNA is just a ruse so they can try to get WWE to breach the guidelines in their lawsuit. I wouldn't be surprised knowing what TNA has tried over the years...

Submit "6 things that tell me Angel Williams wants the WWE" to Digg Submit "6 things that tell me Angel Williams wants the WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "6 things that tell me Angel Williams wants the WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 things that tell me Angel Williams wants the WWE" to Google

Updated 07-07-2012 at 12:14 PM by OneTimePosterShorry

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimePosterShorry
    Thank you for your irrelevant opinion.

But regardless of how off-topic your argument is, I'll be willing to respond that the Divas have very little drawing power which they require in order to be marketed more on TV. The crowds are always quiet and bored and the viewership goes down during Divas matches. WWE doesn't want to see these results as they are undeserving of the bigger privileges you oblivious fans endlessly clamor for.

Using wrestlers all depend on how well they're received by fans and viewers. Talent doesn't mean much if you can't even use it to impress your audiences, just ask Tamina Snuka. They're not going to put spotlights on certain wrestlers if they know that no one's going to cheer for them.

The fact of the matter is, WWE is surely frustrated with all the women whom they've tried to build from the ground up walk out on them. Signing her would be a good move for WWE, since her life is all about wrestling, has a positive attitude, no commitment issues, and has several friends, male and female, in the WWE already that she would continue to get along with.

Years ago, I believed WWE signing Angel would be like trying to make Hell freeze over. Angel has been a loyal devotee to TNA, however, she has been making very little money, left off many shows, and can't afford to pay her medical bills every time she gets hurt. Which ever reasons she had for her departure, the obvious idea is that she didn't want to be there anymore, even though she could still wrestle in the independent leagues. And of course, if she were to get into another career, why would she be keeping it a secret? Like every WWE Superstar, Angel would be on tour, get funded well, and be medically insured, not to mention potentially gain much more fanfare in a mainstream company.

Whether she would be used right or not would all come down to how appealing she would be. She could do her job to the best of her abilities and the demand for her from the fans could be very high or not at all.

You're welcome. *smug*
    I fail to see how 1) my comment is irrelevant, and 2) how off topic my argument is.

But, since you're the WWE insider who knows everything about the business, I'll gracefully bow out of this one. I'd get a much more compelling argument from a wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    OneTimePosterShorry: Why you being a dick in your responses to everyone? Just have a casual debate.
    I don't find anything I have written so far being a problem of mine. One guy discusses a topic that I never even brought up, and the other says he goes to kiss his wife instead of watch Divas matches which really doesn't prove any point of his.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I fail to see how 1) my comment is irrelevant, and 2) how off topic my argument is.

But, since you're the WWE insider who knows everything about the business, I'll gracefully bow out of this one. I'd get a much more compelling argument from a wall.
    Alright then.

This post was only to speculate on possible reasons why Angel would quit TNA and have an interest in the WWE, since it's still unknown outside of the Impact Zone as to why she did. Nowhere in it have I mentioned the way the Divas get booked. Would you be interested in Bleacher Report? They make several negative Divas articles a day.
    Updated 07-08-2012 at 03:19 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
    -The tweet about Kharma is exactly what it says, she misses working with her, that's about it. It was a great rivalry and it sure won't be Angel's last great rivalry. It was hardly a hint at a move to the 'E.
    -Flair isn't confirmed to be going to the 'E. even if he were I doubt Angel is just going to follow where he goes. And as for facing his daughter, Angel would most likely debut straight to the main roster or spend just a few months in FCW whereas Ashley will be there for a few years.
    -As with any job you are going to have coworkers you don't get along with. It may be a contributing factor to her leaving if Melina were in fact coming to TNA but not really a reason for her to go to the 'E, given the opportunity to go there I'm sure she would have regardless of Melina's presence.
    -Leaving any job you would have well wishes from colleagues. The last part so far from Rosita is the only thing relevant to your point. That does give an indication that she may go to the 'E.
    - why would it not be amicable? She has a long tenure with the company and has served them well. If she chose to leave they would let her as a thank you for her years of service. They had nothing for her lately as we can see they have a wealth of talent in the division. She has accomplished everything in TNA so she wouldn't be so upset about the fact that she wouldn't be getting a shot. And it makes sense that she would want to take on a new challenge elsewhere.
    -absolutely no clue where you were going with this one. There are many women to have held the title, not sure where your 'strong' indication came from
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2JLionsault
    -The tweet about Kharma is exactly what it says, she misses working with her, that's about it. It was a great rivalry and it sure won't be Angel's last great rivalry. It was hardly a hint at a move to the 'E.
    -Flair isn't confirmed to be going to the 'E. even if he were I doubt Angel is just going to follow where he goes. And as for facing his daughter, Angel would most likely debut straight to the main roster or spend just a few months in FCW whereas Ashley will be there for a few years.
    -As with any job you are going to have coworkers you don't get along with. It may be a contributing factor to her leaving if Melina were in fact coming to TNA but not really a reason for her to go to the 'E, given the opportunity to go there I'm sure she would have regardless of Melina's presence.
    -Leaving any job you would have well wishes from colleagues. The last part so far from Rosita is the only thing relevant to your point. That does give an indication that she may go to the 'E.
    - why would it not be amicable? She has a long tenure with the company and has served them well. If she chose to leave they would let her as a thank you for her years of service. They had nothing for her lately as we can see they have a wealth of talent in the division. She has accomplished everything in TNA so she wouldn't be so upset about the fact that she wouldn't be getting a shot. And it makes sense that she would want to take on a new challenge elsewhere.
    -absolutely no clue where you were going with this one. There are many women to have held the title, not sure where your 'strong' indication came from
    Not saying it was a hint. Well yeah I pretty much did. Seems like there are more women in the WWE than in TNA right now that she would believe she can work well with. Not only Kharma but a few women she's been in development with like Beth and Natalya, although she probably only talks to them personally.

I never said Flair was going to go back to the WWE and I don't see what would change anything whether he would or not. He hardly did anything to make TNA better.

Melina needed to get released bad and I wouldn't be surprised if she'll sign with TNA some time soon because she is, believe it or not, good friends with Gail Kim.

Sorry. I seems like TNA knows why she left and where she wants to go next. Matt Morgan said he's strongly interested in going back to WWE but no one but himself has hinted at it. In regards to Rosita saying she can't work with her anymore that would mean she's been in talks with WWE, which is highly unlikely now because of the lawsuit, or she's retiring from wrestling, which is highly unlikely now because she's accepting bookings.

They sign too many people to be honest. I would have rather kept her and used her rather than have Gail hog the spotlight all year and sign Taeler Hendrix who is still somewhat green. Now that I think about it maybe she's the 2nd wrestler to be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame, and that's fine because what happens in Vegas...

Strong coincidence. Why would last week be the week Tara gives Brookamacher that speech?
    Updated 07-09-2012 at 11:57 AM by OneTimePosterShorry
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.