View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

10 worst moments in WCW history!!

Rate this Entry
First thing I want to point out is that it is my opinion. I decided after doing best moments of Nitro to do worst moments in WCW history. So I want be asked about why Arquette winning the title isn't on here and so forth. Without any further a do the 10 worst moments in WCW history in my opinion are:

1.David arquette winning the world title-A person outside of wrestling holding the world title was just a slap in the face to all the past world champions. 2.Vince Russo booking himself as world champion-Can anyone argue?
3.fingerpoke of doom-Interesting enough this happened on January 4th. Downfall to some folks was Tony laughing at the fact Foley won WWE title and fans switched over. I think probably the start of the downfall began here with that joke of an ending.
4.Halloween Havoc main event cut-Other matches on the card went to long and fans didn't get what they paid to see. The main event match between Goldberg and DDP. Refunded dollars made on the ppv because of this.
5.Nash ends Goldberg's streak-Nash a booker at the time booked himself to end Goldberg's streak of 173 wins in a row. I know that because I recently watched the match back on the Starrcade DVD a few days ago. The streak had to end at some point, but like it did the gun and to go on Nitro to do the finger poke with Hogan on Nitro shortly after.
6.Robocop saving Sting-In the early 90s before Hogan got there I believe, they decided to have a robot come out and save Sting. It was before the Monday Night Wars.
7.Bash at the Beach-I bought Bischoff's book because of all the topics in the previews on Raw I was interested in hearing about. According to Bischoff, plan was for Hogan to leave for a few months and come back with the belt at Halloween Havoc to name the real worlds champion to attempt to bring prestige back. Hogan was schedules do that shoot, but Russo apparently wasn't.
8.Nash imitates Arn Anderson-Terrible night on Nitro Nash and his boys mocking Flair, Perfect, Arn and the 4 Horsemen. People holding Flair and others back from coming out and trying to stop it. It made several folks angry with a bad taste in their mouth something Bischoff wishes he wouldn't have allowed to happen.
9.Oklahoma-A character played by Russo's best friend Ed Ferrara something like that. LOL! Anytime JR is made fun of on TV, it makes wrestling fans angry because we love JR and his commentary. Now days, I just shake my head in disbelief when they do stupid stuff such as firing him for no reason like Big Johnny did recently.
10.Hogan/Warrior-Warrior wanted more money than Hogan. He also caused Bulldog to injure his back because the angle they were doing with the metal plate underneath the ring. That terrible promo that went on forever that was only supposed to last 7 minutes. LOL!
Honorable mention: Russo shaves Flair's hair, Kiss performs on Nitro, Black Scorpion

Theres my 10 in my opinion are the worst moments in WCW history. Certainly people can try to argue where the should be ranked or who isn't on the list. I think it is solid o. Worst moments in Summerslam history is coming in my next blog. Have any I should consider leave in the comment section. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.

Submit "10 worst moments in WCW history!!" to Digg Submit "10 worst moments in WCW history!!" to del.icio.us Submit "10 worst moments in WCW history!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 worst moments in WCW history!!" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chucky didn't crack a mention?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie P Jr
    I dont understand why the " finger poke of doom " is constantly brought up . I remember a match between Shawn and Triple H that borders this , where they just made the whole match horrible and that was for a title aswell , I believe the Europeaon championship . It was a farce but because DX did it the match is never brought up , but boy it was terrible .
    There is a big difference between a title like the European title and the world title. That is #1 and #2 is HBK shouldn't have continued to be the European champ because he didn't defend it for months. That is why he was booked in that match vs HHH in the first place. #3 Goldbergs streak ended like a week or 2 before hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. The People's Champ
    The worst of all is the fact it was bought by Vinnie Mac and using it as an alliance storyline instead of just bringing over talent to be "WWF" Superstars.
    I took that out with any involvement of the McMahons.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackYardWrestler
    Chucky didn't crack a mention?
    Certainly on my mind when I made my list as was Buff Bagwell's mom being involved.
    The one that sticks out to me is when Hogan handcuffed himself in the corner on Nitro.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.