View RSS Feed

akbar

Why I'm a CM Punk mark.

Rate this Entry
CM Punk fan boy
Of course with all the fame and success you and your fans have always wished for, CM Punks supposed devoted fans have turned on him because he has apparently sold out to the 'machine' and become a 'corporate sell out' or whatever the term is. His accusation are as follows: stale promos, isn't good as he used to be, ain't doing what he promised, would be better as a face etc... Nevertheless I am a straight out CM Punk mark, I mark out when his song hits, I mark out when he does his Macho Man elbow drop, I mark out when he wins a match.

I along with alot of Punk fans I'll say, jumped on the bandwagon when Punk did his future legendary shoot, ironically enough this has lead his fans of the past to turn on him because it signalled his face turn and meteoric push.
It's the classic case of a kid having a favourite Indy band and always supporting them hoping other people would realise how awesome this band and their music is, then the moment you have been waiting for, they have been received by the majority. They, your favourite Indy band has become successful and all of a sudden for whatever reason you can't accept that you are no longer in the minority and everyone else loves what you love. Everyone has to be a sort of rebel against the mainstream culture because it's the 'cool' thing to do. But then you try to justify your reason with legitimate excuses like 'their music/wrestling isn't good anymore' or their 'songs/promos aren't what they used to be' or 'their Music style/Gimmick' is just not true to their self's.

I hear a lot that people don't like Punk because he doesn't draw as much as a company face main eventer should, but that should never stop a wrestling fan to support someone or not because it has to be according to your personal preferences. It's wrong to say the majority of fans are wrong but real wrestling fans don't come in big numbers no more so I wouldnt concentrate on ratings and buy-rates as it really doesnt reflect the truth, and that Punk is the best face WWE has.

In defence of Punk recent less rebellious promos, you really have to look at the circumstances in which he is in, his environment is now different, his actions are magnified, your getting more attention and interest then you could have ever imagined. Therefore Punk has to live in a certain image that has been created for him by the writers in order for him to be marketed in the best way possible to the fans on a international scale.
So you ask why isn't Punk as rebellious as he said he used to be? Because he is now the champion, he has limitis, so the need to say something as controversial as insulting the owner of the company is no longer needed to get a reaction. On that subject of owners, a music band has little pressure from the producers to make a certain type of music but in the WWE, you are being controlled by one of the most feared egotistical man ever, Vince McMahon.

Punks promo skills are second to none, his witty Smartass comments are brilliant. When he speaks, the words flow out of his mouth smoothly with no tension and force behind it like most of the wrestlers now a days that have struggled to get over when they were world champ i.e Jack Swagger. During Punks feud with Jericho, he held it up verbally all the way through and I actually thought he out done Jericho in a lot of their promos together. Now with that being said Punk has a attribute that a lot of the past company Faces didn't... He can wrestle. Not only can he wrestle, he is one of the best wrestlers in the business right now. Now when you have someone who puts on a outstanding match week in week out and his giving great promos AND is getting reaction from the crowd, then you know that you have a real superstar in your hands.

When I look back at this period of wrestling, it would be bombarded with 2 things: Cena and PG. Punk is the only thing that can overhaul the bad nostalgia trip for an adolescence kid in 10 years time. I was too young to be fully latched on Stone Cold and his anarchist actions, consequently Punk's run in the summer of 2011 was a thrill for me to watch, and from then I became a Punk fan.
I read a report recently about how Punk was the most popular attraction at the Comic Con and while he got negative reaction for his antics with Chris Brown, it gave him a bit of much needed non-wrestling related media attention. At one point his merchandise even outsold John Cena, now that says something.I don't care how Punk does in terms of buy rates and Raw ratings because if those fans want to see Cena or a washed out Triple H instead then that's their loss. Punk is one of my favourite wrestlers right now and his feud with Bryan is something we should saviour, especially us internet fan boys who have been dreaming for these 2 independent wrestlers to get at it.

To conclude, as the title says these are reasons on why I like Punk so a lot of you are likely to disagree with me, and I'm sure most will probably say I have given Punk much more credit then he is due but this is just how I feel now. I have also given explanations on some of the unfair criticisms I feel Punk has gotten. Cheers for reading my blog

In a bit everyone.

Submit "Why I'm a CM Punk mark." to Digg Submit "Why I'm a CM Punk mark." to del.icio.us Submit "Why I'm a CM Punk mark." to StumbleUpon Submit "Why I'm a CM Punk mark." to Google

Updated 07-05-2012 at 09:17 AM by akbar

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I see you Akbar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar
    I see you Akbar!
    Bet You didn't expect an Asian built Stallion with amazing hair behind the keyboard did you?.
    Good Stuff. And last time I checked, Punk still gets a monster reaction. I think a lot of people jumped off the bandwagon because they want him to shoot off every time he touches the microphone. And that's not realistic.

He's still the man in my book...regardless of Cena's status.
    I've been a fan of Punk's for over nine years now, ever since he first debuted in ROH. In my opinion, Punk's best stuff from WWE was actually during his SES stage, but I would say that being straight edge myself. I'm still a Punk mark though, not all of us have jumped off the bandwagon
    Great blog akbar. I think you made some extremely great points!
    I get what you're saying akbar; In order for Punk to remain on top, we must kill all forms of indy music! That way, the mainstream does become Indy so no one can say that they are a rebel... Instead we are all just following the followers that followed first. *Mind offically melted*

On the positive note, I loved the blog. Wasn't sure what to expect going into it since I am a rebel and have said "FUCK WHAT YOU SAY!" (sorry, listening to the Wrestling Mayhem podcast) to everyone who said Punk was too small in IWA-MS... I don't think I'm gonna start letting kiddos on the "Ol' Intra-net" tell me that he isn't what he once was since most of them don't really know "what" he was to begin with. Same thing for Danielson. I love the evolution these characters have experienced and I hope that in 5 years, when he is the official "face" of WWE, that there are still more haters saying that "he isn't as good as he was in the Summer of 2012!"

Fuck the creatives, I write my own storyline to life! Good blog brotha!

DRG
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin
    I get what you're saying akbar; In order for Punk to remain on top, we must kill all forms of indy music! That way, the mainstream does become Indy so no one can say that they are a rebel... Instead we are all just following the followers that followed first. *Mind offically melted*

On the positive note, I loved the blog. Wasn't sure what to expect going into it since I am a rebel and have said "FUCK WHAT YOU SAY!" (sorry, listening to the Wrestling Mayhem podcast) to everyone who said Punk was too small in IWA-MS... I don't think I'm gonna start letting kiddos on the "Ol' Intra-net" tell me that he isn't what he once was since most of them don't really know "what" he was to begin with. Same thing for Danielson. I love the evolution these characters have experienced and I hope that in 5 years, when he is the official "face" of WWE, that there are still more haters saying that "he isn't as good as he was in the Summer of 2012!"

Fuck the creatives, I write my own storyline to life! Good blog brotha!

DRG

NAILED!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.