View RSS Feed

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK

Watching TNA: A Guide (Zone of Impact)

Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average.
Over the last three years, many more times than not, it was a chore to sit down for a full episode of Impact. With this being said, it is very understandable that many people are still discouraged from watching and are still turned off from the product as a whole. However, since going live, TNA has really stepped their game up. There is no better time to at least casually follow the product. Since many of you have been away from the product for a while, I have created a guide to watch TNA so you can get all of the benefit and none of the pain.

What to Watch For

Let's start out of a very positive note.

Roode v Storm

This feud has been building up for almost a year now and TNA is doing this storyline the right way. As Roode is beating everyone in his path, Storm is barreling over everyone in the BFG series. At this pace, the two are going to headline BFG and have a match of the year candidate. If you follow one thing a week in TNA, I would make it this. When these two face each other, it is going to be something for TNA, and TNA fans, to be proud of.

Destination-X/X-Div

Destination-X is looking to be the third great TNA PPV in a row with a card that is stacking up very nicely. AA v Roode, AJ v Daniels in a last man standing, and an Ultimate-X for a new X champ. TNA is also doing Destination-X right this year by bringing in old favorites like Sonjay Dutt and other great talents like Rubix and Cameron (both who I think will be perfect for the roster). I am excited to tune in next week to see who makes their way into the tournament for the X-Belt.

Bully Ray/Devon/Joey Parks

Very simple. All three of these men are doing some of the best work in years. Bully Ray is money as a heel, Devon looks very good in the ring as a singles guy, and Joey Parks, to my disbelief, is very over with the crowd. There is definitely some value of entertainment when you see these three.

Joey Ryan

I am not going to lie, I marked out a bit when he showed up with that sign in the crowd. I never thought Ryan's YouTube promos and Twitter rants were a work. I was completely convinced that TNA really dropped the ball not signing him. He will not be featured every week of Impact at first, but he will make waves the next time you see his face on TV.

Gut-Check/Open Fight Night

Something different from TNA and worth a gaze from your eyes.

What to Avoid

Obviously not everything is going to be entertaining, so I strongly advise you to skip these segments:

Dixie Carter/AJ v Kaz/Daniels

Overall the story line is very painful to watch. I wish I could explain what is going on to you but it would physically hurt me to type out the slew of garbage. Let's just say that it has a very soap opera-y feel. We have alleged affairs, drug addicts, and now a baby. Even though Kaz and Daniels are doing some great work as heels, you are better off changing the channel when you see a mic in anyone of these four's hands. However, if they are in the ring, stay glued to your TV.

Brook Hogan

Even though she is not taking up more than 60 seconds of TV time a week, your blood-pressure will be much lower when you happen to tune out when you see her. The backstage segments with the KOs has some terrible acting on both sides. The only nice part is that TNA is avoiding her coming down to the ring at all costs to save her from the boo-birds.

What I am Indifferent About

Who Attacked Sting

I am not sure if this is a positive of negative thing. When Sting was first attacked by the masked men, it was a hot storyline that made many people want to tune in next week. However, it has been two full weeks and the storyline has barely been mentioned ruining all it's momentum. I am not sure if TNA knows where this is going.

Closing Remarks

TNA is doing some of their best work in years. Regardless of your feelings towards the other promotion, it is at least worth to casually follow until BFG in October. Hopefully this guide can help you watch the positive parts of Thursday's show and avoid the some pain from previous TNA experiences.

What would you add to the guide?

Thank you for making it this far.
Crack, out.

----------
Zone of Impact is my weekly/semi-weekly blog focusing on the happening of TNA. It will not be a weekly review of Impacts. For that please see the Sudden Impact blog written by DK Wrestling Savior. He does it very well and I am not looking to step on toes. Thank you in advance for anyone's support and feel free to contact me with future topics or on the off chance you would like to use a blog for another website, etc.

Submit "Watching TNA: A Guide (Zone of Impact)" to Digg Submit "Watching TNA: A Guide (Zone of Impact)" to del.icio.us Submit "Watching TNA: A Guide (Zone of Impact)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Watching TNA: A Guide (Zone of Impact)" to Google

Updated 06-29-2012 at 03:17 PM by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I agree 100% with everything you said, that's weird. I enjoyed the hell out of Impact last night.
    but did u actually watch the rvd vs anderson match that started the night... sloppy work from both sides... rvd needs to give it up before he completely tarnishes his name further then he already has
    Sting's been written off TV so that people don't question why he's not in the BFG series, it was in the news feed on the hompage a couple of days ago I think?
    Quote Originally Posted by bickuriboox
    but did u actually watch the rvd vs anderson match that started the night... sloppy work from both sides... rvd needs to give it up before he completely tarnishes his name further then he already has
    Yes i seen that. I am a huge RVD fan but that was definitely him that looked sloppy. RVD has lost alot of steps and he honestly looked high.
    Funny thing is, the week before when it was RVD vs. Hardy, everyone said how great these two did and that they have not lost pace. I don't think it's RVD as much as Anderson/RVD's chemistry isn't as great together. Their styles clash too much to carry a MOTY contender. I am not going to say RVD isn't past his prime, but after watching him at Slammi live and last week vs. Hardy, I hardly think he is anywhere close to "tarnishing" his name.

But to each their own bickuriboox. If you feel that way about RVD then so be it. I honestly think that he still has great matches in him. Example being the Ladder Match between him and Roode two months back. Watch that and tell me (besides the one slip) how he has gotten to the point of ruining his legacy in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin
    Funny thing is, the week before when it was RVD vs. Hardy, everyone said how great these two did and that they have not lost pace. I don't think it's RVD as much as Anderson/RVD's chemistry isn't as great together. Their styles clash too much to carry a MOTY contender. I am not going to say RVD isn't past his prime, but after watching him at Slammi live and last week vs. Hardy, I hardly think he is anywhere close to "tarnishing" his name.

But to each their own bickuriboox. If you feel that way about RVD then so be it. I honestly think that he still has great matches in him. Example being the Ladder Match between him and Roode two months back. Watch that and tell me (besides the one slip) how he has gotten to the point of ruining his legacy in anything.
    I agree with this. There are some angles that I wish Tna were not running with right now.

The end result of the kaz/daniels/angle/aj has given us two great matches hope we get another.

Impact has been on a roll since say about the sacrifice ppv. I think its been at least like 9 weeks in a row that impact was a far better show than raw. Wish it wasn't true but it is.

Apples to oranges really I suppose. I have been enjoying these live impacts rarings be damned it is a much improved show.

One thing I don't see being asked is this in large part to the Russo being gone???
    Heh, agreed on all points.

And the reason you're indifferent to "who attacked Sting" is because they're letting the angle go cold. It would be so much more interesting/entertaining if they had, I dunno, some kind of promo cut by the intruders, in a "we received this DVD in the mail" sort of way.

Wildcat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.