View RSS Feed

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK

The @JoeyRyanOnline Storyline is NOT a Work (ZoI)

Rate this Entry
Since microphones are scarce in the blog-world, we can just call that a type-bomb rather than a pipe-bomb

I made the bold statement in the title because of one simple reason: the story line is too good, too smart, and too ballsy for TNA. We really need to consider everything that would be put into this story line if it is a work. It would really be quite remarkable. Even if TNA came up to Ryan a week after the buzz he created; it would still be remarkable.

First, we know that TNA is not smart enough or involved enough to go and give detailed instructions to Ryan on how to use the internet to progress this story but we can almost guarantee Ryan is behind the "creative," if you will, in his YouTube videos, Tweets, and promos during various appearances. However, somewhere along the countless rants and rips of TNA (or from the inception), TNA came up to Joey Ryan and gave him the green light to continue doing it. Continue his verbal shredding of the company, continue interviewing ex-TNA wrestlers, continue to rip on TNA officials, and continue to rip on the TNA business model. For the TNA big-wigs to sit there and listen (to the mostly true) things that was being said about their company would require pretty tough skin.

Next, TNA would have to be patient with the progression of this story line. If Ryan came back a week or two after he was denied during Gut Check, it would have been completely obvious that TNA was pulling strings. Instead, they let him build his character with the internet audience for 4 weeks. When just about everyone thought we would never see him on TV again, there he was. I was honestly surprised. So surprised that I would not put is passed him sneaking into the Impact Zone.

Third, if this is a work, Joey Ryan and TNA are doing a way too good of a job covering their tracks. The obvious question that was asked after his appearance last Thursday was how did he get in and how did he get his camera back. To put both questions to rest, we got this answer:

Finally, TNA would have to be using the internet better than WWE ever has. With the template of the Summer of Punk to build off of (social media/internet-wise), Joey Ryan and TNA has taken the storyline from YouTube, to Indy appearances, to Twitter, to Facebook, and most recently, to internet wrestling shows:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/vendett...host-joey-ryan

Obviously there is a 90% chance I am wrong. Not only do I accept that but I wish it to be true. TNA has done, is doing, and will do a lot of bad shit, but if this one if it pans out to be a work, it is really, really good. Depending on where this goes, it could be up there with AJ/Punk/Bryan and Steen taking over ROH as story line of the year contenders. Joey Ryan deserves a shit-ton of credit for this one as does TNA for allowing him creative control.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for making it this far.
Crack, out.

----------
Zone of Impact is my weekly/semi-weekly blog focusing on the happening of TNA. Thank you in advance for anyone's support and feel free to contact me with future topics or on the off chance you would like to use a blog for another website, etc. Follow me on Twitter!

@YCCMCrack
https://twitter.com/#!/YCCMCrack

If you are asking why I put his Twitter handle in the title, Ryan Clark posts these blogs on Twitter. You never know who reads these things.

Submit "The @JoeyRyanOnline Storyline is NOT a Work (ZoI)" to Digg Submit "The @JoeyRyanOnline Storyline is NOT a Work (ZoI)" to del.icio.us Submit "The @JoeyRyanOnline Storyline is NOT a Work (ZoI)" to StumbleUpon Submit "The @JoeyRyanOnline Storyline is NOT a Work (ZoI)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    first I thought it's a WORK...but it went on for weeks n he never made tV...I felt it is a legit storyline...

now that he appeared in Impact zone...I'm doubting it as a story line....really if this is a work...they r playing it very well...
    Personally I think it's a Storyline.
    I can't believe there are people out here who still believe even half of what they see in wrestling! This reminds me of how so many people here really bought into the whole CM Punk contract angle being real. This Joey Ryan deal is definately a work...a good work...but a work none the less.
    It is a work. And if this is too good and too ballsy for TNA, then you clearly haven't been watching TNA recently. Almost everything they put on is good lately.

Don't you realize that controversy sells? This is a phenomenal storyline that was most likely co-created by both Ryan and TNA. You have to understand, it's scripted. It's written. It's a show.
    So here's a thought: TNA has A-duoble (Austin Aries) vs Bobby Rude for the TNA heavyweight Title, and the have the X-Division tourney going on at Destination X. There's still spots left to qualify, so what if: Joey Ryan gets a qualifying spot in the X-Divsion tourney, Wins his match at Destination-X and wins the Ultimate X match to become X-division champ, A-Double loses & feuds with Joey Ryan for a few months. Think this is possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speezy88
    So here's a thought: TNA has A-duoble (Austin Aries) vs Bobby Rude for the TNA heavyweight Title, and the have the X-Division tourney going on at Destination X. There's still spots left to qualify, so what if: Joey Ryan gets a qualifying spot in the X-Divsion tourney, Wins his match at Destination-X and wins the Ultimate X match to become X-division champ, A-Double loses & feuds with Joey Ryan for a few months. Think this is possible?
    I love the idea.
    I really hope those that are speculating that this is a shoot are just kidding... NOTHING gets on TV that is not planned in advance, even on a live show. Keep this in mind. If the "judges" weren't supposed to give attention to the situation, and leave the ring to address it, they wouldn't have. The cameras were positioned perfectly to capture the "intrusion". I love that some viewers can still suspend disbelief, and I hate to rain on the parade, but for clarification, this is a 100% work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.