View RSS Feed

THE_CRIPPLER

WWE Classics Ondemand Review: World tour 1992

Rate this Entry
This a Review Of a WWF Coliseum Video release that is currently showing on WWE Classics OnDemand. this Review is of WWF World Tour 1992.... this Review will be complete with match star ratings.

So Lets Begin

We Start off with some Cheap 1990's Computer graphics and we go to are host for this Video Release, The Late Lord Alford Hayes, He gives us a quick run down and takes us to are first match.

The Mountie vs The Texas Tornado
The Tornado (Kerry Von Erich) makes his way to the ring and Kerry Looks COKE OUT OF HIS FUCKING MIND!. I mean seriously, No disrespect to the Late Kerry Von Erich but I never seen anyone so loaded with Cocaine......
The match was terrible, The Mountie's Horrible stalling and typical cheap 90's heel antics of threatening to leave the match and get counted out was a waste of 5 mins. I honestly couldn't wait for this match to end, It was boring and Kerry was very off thru the whole match. This match is a example of how little effort the WWF superstars put in their house show matches in the early 90's, If they weren't on TV they really did do much or care about their performance... Thankfully Mountie ends this borefest with a cheap win by rolling up The Tornado with his feet on the ropes. WINNER: The Mountie... RATING *

Now we take a look at WWF SuperStar The British Bulldog "Davey Boy Smith". We go to the first match of the Bulldog which is a battle Royal joined in progress.

BATTLE ROYAL
This is just the ending of the Battle royal with the last 3 competitors in the ring (Typhoon, The Mountie and The British Bulldog). We start off with the heels out numbing the face 2 to 1. The Heels make a miscommunication and leads to one being eliminated the n the exhausted face finds a way and elimnateds the last heel to over come the odds, Typical bullshit WWF Battle Royal fomula that is almost the exact same in every Battle Royal held in the early 90's in the WWF, Pretty Annoying.... Bulldog Elimnates Typhoon to win the Battle Royal. WINNER: Bulldog.

We take a look at Bulldog outside the ring, He is with a bunch of kids, Dressed in what is easily the Ugliest clothing I ever seen, I didnt know they made clothes that ugly. No Self respecting Moth would ever eat those ugly articals of clothing... This is the same cookie cutter Coliseum Video special look segment you see in every release, The face is a Great Guy who loves children and his family and blah blah, He loves doing Good Deeds. Nothing really here.

The British Bulldog vs IRS
Wow the UK Crowd is going nuts for Davey Boy, He is insane over in the UK. A great reaction for The British Bulldog in his home country.... The Fans were really in to this match and this match is a decent match, Both men had their working boots to pull off a decent match here. Davey ends the match when he Catches IRS off a float over in to a running Powerslam. WINNER The British Bulldog. RATING **1/2

The British Bulldog vs Earth Quack

Andre The Giant accompanies The Bulldog to the ring. Andre is on crutchs and looks to be in rough shape here.... This match was really just a rushed nothing match that wasnt too horrible and really only happened to have Andre interfere in it. Bulldog win with the help of Andre and his trusty Crutch. WINNER: The British Bulldog. RATING *1/2

BATTLE ROYAL
We join another Battle Royal in progress, I will Save you the Trouble, The Bulldog wins.

The Barbarian vs Roddy Rowdy Piper
Wow This match is going to suck. Piper is not really that over with the international crowd as he is in America. Match is sloppy, Lacks excitement and Pipers odd selling just confuses the crap out of you in this match, He just shakes like he is having a seizure on the ground. Really watch the match of you don't believe me.... The Match ends the same way Every Fucking Barbarian match ends, with him sitting down on a sunset slip attempt, Then the pin being reversed in to a sunset flip pin. Its Ridicules how little the WWF respected their audiences intelligence back in the early 90's. WINNER: Rowdy Roddy Piper. RATING *1/4

Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs Rick "The Model" Martel

Finally a Good match. Is there a such thing as a bad Bret Hart Match?....
Rick Martel really put his working boots on here, I applaud Rick Martel for not taking the cheap lazy way out like most the heels did on this video release. Rick Martel was so underrated and so under used in the WWF and this match shows how underutilized Martel really was..... Martel and Hart put on a Great match for the IC title and I really think that Bret Hart and Rick Martel should of been given a program for the IC title, Maybe a PPV match or even a built up match on one of the WWF TV Shows. These men could of tear down the house with the right motivation.... This is either a really good match or I'm so use to the crap i been watching for the last hour that anything would seem like a good match to me. WINNER: Bret Hart. RATING ***1/4

Randy Savage vs Shawn Michaels: WWF Title Match

This is your main event, A Newly solo Shawn Michaels with Sherri taking on the Newly crowned WWF Champion The Macho Man Randy Savage..... Savage limps down to the ring selling the leg injury Ric Flair gave him. This match was much more disappointing then I remember, Shawn seemed a little green in this match and kept the pace surprisingly slow. Randy Savage sold the shit out of the Leg Injury and the the start of the match was red hot but as soon as Shawn worked the leg it kinda got boring. Shawn got his first taste of main event here and even though its a little disappointing its still a Good match. Savage wins the match with a one leg hop to the top rope and a Elbow Smash to Shawn Michaels. WINNER: Macho Man. RATING ***1/4

Conclusion
A rather boring Coliseum Release here. Nothing really note worthy besides the last 2 matches. If you Fast Forward to the last 2 matches you really wont be missing anything and the last 2 matches are just decent, Nothing to really go out of your way for. If your bored check out the last 2 matches. If you grew up begging your parents to take you to BlockBuster Video to rent the newest WWF Coliseum Release then its good for nostalgia reasons but be prepared to be bored.

Submit "WWE Classics Ondemand Review:  World tour 1992" to Digg Submit "WWE Classics Ondemand Review:  World tour 1992" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Classics Ondemand Review:  World tour 1992" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Classics Ondemand Review:  World tour 1992" to Google

Updated 07-04-2012 at 06:09 PM by THE_CRIPPLER

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh Crippler. Why Do You Do Such Things. LOL.
    You realize Kerry Von Erich was wrestling on a prosthetic foot and that is why he had a serious drug addiction. Its not because he was lazy, and this was also when he was at his worst as this was unfortunately a year or less before he killed himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Oh Crippler. Why Do You Do Such Things. LOL.
    I suffer for my art, What can I say haha.......... I do it for the Good readers of the Ewrestlingnews.com Blog readers haha mostly cause of bordem and lack of life
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan
    You realize Kerry Von Erich was wrestling on a prosthetic foot and that is why he had a serious drug addiction. Its not because he was lazy, and this was also when he was at his worst as this was unfortunately a year or less before he killed himself.

Yes I did know he had a prosthetic foot and I don't think that gives him a reason to be that heavily influenced by Cocaine.... I dont Think Kerry was Lazy, I just think that both Kerry and The Mountie were lazy in their match which is a common crime commited by the wrestlers in these coliseum home video releases cause most of the wrestlers in the WWF in the 90's only cared about their TV matches or their big show matches..... and Kerry and his brothers were on heavily on drugs well before Kerry lost his leg in a motor cycle accident... But I mean no disrespect to the Late Kerry Von Eric but if you see his face in the match I reviewed you will see what im talking about.
    Man, this shit takes me back to being in high school and raiding the video store for all the coliseum videos I could find. I know they were half assed, but they were still fun. I always felt that Lord Alfred Hayes (who was a very gifted commentator) must've lost some sort of bet to always be associated with these things instead of live television or pay per view. I mean, I can understand no one was going to trump the legendary duo of Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan, but I always felt like Hayes deserved a little better than being paired with Sean Mooney's punk ass in these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renevious
    Man, this shit takes me back to being in high school and raiding the video store for all the coliseum videos I could find. I know they were half assed, but they were still fun. I always felt that Lord Alfred Hayes (who was a very gifted commentator) must've lost some sort of bet to always be associated with these things instead of live television or pay per view. I mean, I can understand no one was going to trump the legendary duo of Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan, but I always felt like Hayes deserved a little better than being paired with Sean Mooney's punk ass in these things.

Yeah I had to beg my Grandfather to take me to Blockbuster or some local mom and pop Video chains to get these, He was such a cheap ass making a big deal about the $3 dollar rental... I remember spending the better part of the early 90's being 10 years old calling video stores to see which place had the new or old wresting videos......... I dont know if I will do any more reviews I dont think people like them, I get the least coments and traffic on my reviews of DVD's or Ondemand content. I was starting on reviewing the Clash of the Champions DVD, I just finished disc 1 but now im having second thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CRIPPLER
    Yeah I had to beg my Grandfather to take me to Blockbuster or some local mom and pop Video chains to get these, He was such a cheap ass making a big deal about the $3 dollar rental... I remember spending the better part of the early 90's being 10 years old calling video stores to see which place had the new or old wresting videos......... I dont know if I will do any more reviews I dont think people like them, I get the least coments and traffic on my reviews of DVD's or Ondemand content. I was starting on reviewing the Clash of the Champions DVD, I just finished disc 1 but now im having second thoughts.
    Well, it looks like you and I are nearly the same age. I actually dropped away from wrestling from like late '91 to early '94, which is when I was a freshman in high school. But when I got back in it, it was like a drug. I must've rented every Coliseum Home Video I could find in the tri-parish area. I used to get such a kick out of watching the ones like you reviewed where they were so high on Davey Boy Smith. You'd swear he was going to be the next Hulk Hogan. I even remember one where he one a 40-man battle royal. There were so many jobbers in there that the commentators didn't even know their names. I know it's cheesy as hell by today's standards, but that was some seriously entertaining shit.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.