Looking forward to the second half of 2012 in WWE: things to expect & answers to seek
by, 07-02-2012 at 10:10 AM (3666 Views)
Hello everyone, hope you're all well. My previous blog was about looking back at the first half of 2012 in WWE, and while I'm disappointed that there weren't much comments, I still decided to go with this follow up blog because I've put some thoughts into it and I don't want it to waste. So, here is my list:
1. 1000th Raw: Expect 1000th Raw to be awesome. There have been rumours of Undertaker appearance, DX reunion, and appearance of several past legends and HOF'ers. I, for particular would like to see a Taker-HHH-HBK segment as a closure to what happened at Mania. Either a "Piper Pit" or "Cutting Edge" should be in the Raw, and as someone suggested on this site, A Daniel Bryan - Stone Cold faceoff resulting in a "what" vs "Yes!" duelling chants would also be cool to watch.
Summary - expect 1000th Raw to be bigger than some of the B-class PPVs.
2. 3-hour Raw gonna be bad idea: What do you expect when Raw goes three hours permanently? More of decent matches, more time for midcarders and tag team division, better build up to feuds, good promos, Divas match that won't be over before you realize it started, and the like? Well, don't expect those things, because here's what you'll get - more of squashers squashing jobbers, squashers squashing midcarders and jobbers jobbing out to midcarders. More of Cole and Lawler talking about what's trending on Twitter and arguing which one of them dresses worse. Longer commercials, guys you don't care about talking thinks you don't give a damn to hear. More of ridiculous backstage segments that is supposed to be funny but isn't.
Summary - 3 hours Raw is gonna be flop.
3. Will Brock Lesnar prove his worth? : WWE paid a truckload of money to Lesnar for limited appearances. He will be appearing around big events like Summerslam. It will be interesting to see whether he will bring something good enough for the money he got. Just for the record - I say he won't.
4. Rock in the hunt for WWE title? : So Rock had a vision, he wanted to be WWE Champion one more time. You don't think he'll do nothing about that, do you? So shall we get to see Rock begin his quest for the gold in the 2nd half of 2012? And if he decides to, will Cena let him get there without getting through him first?
5. Will Cena be back in the Title picture? : Cena hasn't been in the title picture for a long time. Not actually a long time per se, but long as compared to other times when he wasn't in the title picture. With Cena being in the MITB match, where will this thing go? I personally think Cena will be in the title picture around Night of Champions, just so that he can main event the night.
6. How long can Daniel Bryan keep his thing going? : DB is very much over now. No doubt he is one of the best wrestlers in WWE in terms of pure wrestling skills, may even be THE best, but we know that alone is not gonna ensure him the top spot. Once the "Yes!" fad erodes away (and sooner or later it will), can Daniel Bryan find something to hang on to the top spot? Or will he ultimately go down as a one-hit wonder, much like his NXT mentor Miz?