View RSS Feed

Taneel

Looking forward to the second half of 2012 in WWE: things to expect & answers to seek

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone, hope you're all well. My previous blog was about looking back at the first half of 2012 in WWE, and while I'm disappointed that there weren't much comments, I still decided to go with this follow up blog because I've put some thoughts into it and I don't want it to waste. So, here is my list:

1. 1000th Raw: Expect 1000th Raw to be awesome. There have been rumours of Undertaker appearance, DX reunion, and appearance of several past legends and HOF'ers. I, for particular would like to see a Taker-HHH-HBK segment as a closure to what happened at Mania. Either a "Piper Pit" or "Cutting Edge" should be in the Raw, and as someone suggested on this site, A Daniel Bryan - Stone Cold faceoff resulting in a "what" vs "Yes!" duelling chants would also be cool to watch.
Summary - expect 1000th Raw to be bigger than some of the B-class PPVs.

2. 3-hour Raw gonna be bad idea: What do you expect when Raw goes three hours permanently? More of decent matches, more time for midcarders and tag team division, better build up to feuds, good promos, Divas match that won't be over before you realize it started, and the like? Well, don't expect those things, because here's what you'll get - more of squashers squashing jobbers, squashers squashing midcarders and jobbers jobbing out to midcarders. More of Cole and Lawler talking about what's trending on Twitter and arguing which one of them dresses worse. Longer commercials, guys you don't care about talking thinks you don't give a damn to hear. More of ridiculous backstage segments that is supposed to be funny but isn't.
Summary - 3 hours Raw is gonna be flop.

3. Will Brock Lesnar prove his worth? : WWE paid a truckload of money to Lesnar for limited appearances. He will be appearing around big events like Summerslam. It will be interesting to see whether he will bring something good enough for the money he got. Just for the record - I say he won't.

4. Rock in the hunt for WWE title? : So Rock had a vision, he wanted to be WWE Champion one more time. You don't think he'll do nothing about that, do you? So shall we get to see Rock begin his quest for the gold in the 2nd half of 2012? And if he decides to, will Cena let him get there without getting through him first?

5. Will Cena be back in the Title picture? : Cena hasn't been in the title picture for a long time. Not actually a long time per se, but long as compared to other times when he wasn't in the title picture. With Cena being in the MITB match, where will this thing go? I personally think Cena will be in the title picture around Night of Champions, just so that he can main event the night.

6. How long can Daniel Bryan keep his thing going? : DB is very much over now. No doubt he is one of the best wrestlers in WWE in terms of pure wrestling skills, may even be THE best, but we know that alone is not gonna ensure him the top spot. Once the "Yes!" fad erodes away (and sooner or later it will), can Daniel Bryan find something to hang on to the top spot? Or will he ultimately go down as a one-hit wonder, much like his NXT mentor Miz?

Submit "Looking forward to the second half of 2012 in WWE: things to expect & answers to seek" to Digg Submit "Looking forward to the second half of 2012 in WWE: things to expect & answers to seek" to del.icio.us Submit "Looking forward to the second half of 2012 in WWE: things to expect & answers to seek" to StumbleUpon Submit "Looking forward to the second half of 2012 in WWE: things to expect & answers to seek" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Working Backwards.

1. I don't think Miz was a one-hit wonder...however, I do think DB is.
    2. Cena will surely be in the title picture soon. Whether or not he wins it, is another story.
    3. Brock is worthless. Bad move overall...but WWE prints money so they can throw it away on garbage like Brock Lesnar.
    4. Three hour will be the same as two hour Raw, except add more annoying cole, more annoying twitter talk, and double the wasted hype promo segments.
    5. 1000th Raw should be a good throwback show, but I don't see many stars of today doing much to shine, because they all suck compared to the past wrestlers.

All in all, the second half of WWE is going to SUCK! Just like the first half has.
    If it has sucked so bad then shut up and go watch the garbage that is tna, and miz is completely a one hit wonder cause along the way to his first title reign he gave up on what made him excellent in the ring in that he doesnt sell anything anymore and his finisher is difficult for almost anyone to make look fluid and smooth. next u r only remembering the good of the past, u say all of the past wrestlers were awesome well then u r saying david arrquette or the honky tonk man is better then cm punk or d bryan which is madness so ur arguement there is dead before it ever started. and d bryan is set on a course to be this generations jericho in that he was thought to be a one hit wonder then he just stuck around floating as a constant tweener. so until u actually have something worthwhile to say just stop urself before u decide to comment

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Working Backwards.

1. I don't think Miz was a one-hit wonder...however, I do think DB is.
    2. Cena will surely be in the title picture soon. Whether or not he wins it, is another story.
    3. Brock is worthless. Bad move overall...but WWE prints money so they can throw it away on garbage like Brock Lesnar.
    4. Three hour will be the same as two hour Raw, except add more annoying cole, more annoying twitter talk, and double the wasted hype promo segments.
    5. 1000th Raw should be a good throwback show, but I don't see many stars of today doing much to shine, because they all suck compared to the past wrestlers.

All in all, the second half of WWE is going to SUCK! Just like the first half has.
    Quote Originally Posted by bickuriboox
    If it has sucked so bad then shut up and go watch the garbage that is tna, and miz is completely a one hit wonder cause along the way to his first title reign he gave up on what made him excellent in the ring in that he doesnt sell anything anymore and his finisher is difficult for almost anyone to make look fluid and smooth. next u r only remembering the good of the past, u say all of the past wrestlers were awesome well then u r saying david arrquette or the honky tonk man is better then cm punk or d bryan which is madness so ur arguement there is dead before it ever started. and d bryan is set on a course to be this generations jericho in that he was thought to be a one hit wonder then he just stuck around floating as a constant tweener. so until u actually have something worthwhile to say just stop urself before u decide to comment
    Lets not get off on the wrong foot, constructive criticism, and basic facts are two different things. Let's start off with;

The Miz; By far is he a one hit wonder. The guy has a bright future, and expect a half decent push when he returns. As for D.B, I'll agree, when you stated he's got a very bright future. I wouldn't compare him to the likes of Jericho, but YES (no pun intended), he is on a path to decent stardom in the E'.

Lesnars' Future;
    Guaranteed waste of money. I'm sure that ANY wrestling fan will agree with that statement.

Cena/Title Picture??; Do we even have to ask ourselves?? There's no doubt he'll be right back in there anytime now.

3 Hour Raw. Success or Flop??;
    It's one of those "flip a coin" questions. Either they're going to live up to the much anticipated hype, or they'll flop as most of us are expecting.

bickuriboox; Before going forth and telling others to watch "garbage" as you said. I'd like to inform you, that even I am a loyal fan of the E'. IMO, TNA is delivering the better product. It's far from garbage.

You're commenting on a blog, yet you targeting anothers' opinion is just plain dumb. Grow the f*ck up.
    Honestly, the 2nd half of the year is still cloudy to me in terms of the WWE. I want it to be good but the only thing they seem to be getting right is this AJ angle. Raw going to three hours sounds exciting, but it still worries me. I'm worried that it will feature more of the terrible 5-7 minute matches we already have and nothing more.

I don't even care that much about Brock storywise anymore now that Paul Heyman is carrying him. I'll just watch in his matches but if he doesn't show up, I won't be hurting in any way.

The Rock in the title picture is double edged for me. On the one hand, it's The Rock and he's awesome. On the other, he's Dwayne Johnson, which means he'll be leaving shortly after his "return" to go work on The Fast and The Furious 7.

This has been said many, MANY times before, but I honestly don't want to see Cena in the title picture. I'm so sick of him it's not even funny.

Daniel Bryan... I honestly like him, but I don't see him lasting much longer after this feud with AJ ends. He'll ride high for a few more weeks or months, but he'll fade to the back after a while.

Just my opinion.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.