View RSS Feed

Poot-Hair

Was That A Poot 8; Method To The Madness

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Hey guys the breezey butting, Ric Flair strutting (receding hair line included), child scaring, mullet wearing Poot-Hair here with another sphincter tightening adventure on your computer. Yesss that's right my blogs are more entertaining than watching a Big Show vs. Khali Ultimate X match with a twinkie hanging in the middle.

Now that the grand introductions are out of the way, let's get right into this blog's subject matter which is Method to the Madness. Let me preach on it.

For the past two weeks we in the IWC have been wracking our brains trying to figure out the whole "Who attacked Sting" storyline in TNA. I've heard people bellyache about how they've let the story grow cold, how they've "ruined" it by barely mentioning it the past two weeks etc and it has really frustrated me as a fan to hear such insistant whining. I'd like to present to you another view on the subject if I can.

What if TNA is purposely letting this story grow cold, and not in the "storyline abortion" sort of way that TNA had been known for but moreso in that they are gearing up to really rock us for the rest of the summer. We've all said that TNA needs to do something big this summer while they are live and I believe that this storyline is just that.

They have unknown attackers beat down Sting, then they aren't heard from for a few weeks. Then just when you least expect it BOOM they attack someone else, then someone else, then someone else. It's a ploy to keep you guessing, to keep you wanting to tune in next week and see what's going to happen. It's basic storylining here folks.

Now I've read on the main board here that the reason TNA has ran the story and not finished it is 1.) They don't know who they are going to use as the attackers and 2.) They wanted to get Sting off of TV and out of the BFG series. If that's the case then it's still cool because they have a little bit of time to figure out all the details. Could it be some AAA talent? CZW? NJPW? The possibilities are endless here folks and it's only going to get better in my opinion.

In closing, just roll with the punches on this one. Be a fan of the product and don't overly analyze it because it truly ruins the fun in wrestling. I'm a fan first and a "smark" second. When I see a storyline on T.V. I try to envision where it's going and give it a chance. I don't talk about how bad it sucks before it gets off the ground. If you do this, you never know, TNA may just suprise you this summer. I mean they have been on one helluva roll here the past several weeks.

Questions? Comments? Pictures of you doing the dirty with a washcloth? All welcome here! Also, if you guys like my blogs post some suggestions on what you would like for me to blog on and I'll give it my best go! Until next time this is the Poot-Hair and I'm out. Peace!

Submit "Was That A Poot 8; Method To The Madness" to Digg Submit "Was That A Poot 8; Method To The Madness" to del.icio.us Submit "Was That A Poot 8; Method To The Madness" to StumbleUpon Submit "Was That A Poot 8; Method To The Madness" to Google

Comments

Nice introduction, had me laughing.
    Now down to business. As you said, the possibilities of this storyline are endless. They can run with the angle, week in and week out until they make a final decision. Having the two attackers make random appearances beating the crap out of whomever sounds legit.

That being said, if TNA truly plans on doing something big. (Let me toss in my two cents);

Having this whole on going Steiner thing be all kayfabe, have him and Jarrett be the mystery attackers. It would catch everyone off guard....

I don't know... I'm simply ranting. Great blog bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhEonYx
    Nice introduction, had me laughing.
    Now down to business. As you said, the possibilities of this storyline are endless. They can run with the angle, week in and week out until they make a final decision. Having the two attackers make random appearances beating the crap out of whomever sounds legit.

That being said, if TNA truly plans on doing something big. (Let me toss in my two cents);

Having this whole on going Steiner thing be all kayfabe, have him and Jarrett be the mystery attackers. It would catch everyone off guard....

I don't know... I'm simply ranting. Great blog bro.
    Thanks for the kind words dude. Check out my other blogs if you like the intros

I had actually been thinking around the same thing. Maybe have the 3 attackers be Jeff Jarrett, Steiner, and someone else. It could work and would blow people's minds
    Nice blog man! I agree about the Smark comment, it ruins wrestling.
    I like the blog brotha. I think you are pretty accurate in the fact that most people want to hate on something before it begins. I remember the same thing when the first Ulti-X was hosted. People calling it a stupid concept and that it was nothing more than a stupid gimmick for spot fests only. Now, Ulti-X has been established as a trademark of TNA and so many of those matches are regarded highly in TNA's history. Sometimes, we just have to let things play out for a while before we completely shit on it.

As for the angle build, I am perfectly fine with the little mentioning here and there. The last time TNA did this, we got the Joey Parks/Bully angle and I for one have loved it so far. A few months without mention of Abyss, suddenly his brother shows up and everyone's going WTF? I like my wrestling storylines to have a good build to them to give them some value when they climax. Hence why I don't care that I know Storm will win the series this year. The whole year’s feud has been worth the wait to get to this point.

My final point is that we as fans have to be patient to get the gold out of the product. Some things take time to fully develop. And even if TNA doesn't know who exactly the guys will be, knowing that gives me time to speculate and let my imagination run wild with the aspect of where this angle COULD go without truly knowing what it is going to become... It's like reading a book, rather than just the cliff notes that wrestling promotions seem to give us so much of lately.

DRG

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.