View RSS Feed

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK

Watching TNA: A Guide (Zone of Impact)

Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average.
Over the last three years, many more times than not, it was a chore to sit down for a full episode of Impact. With this being said, it is very understandable that many people are still discouraged from watching and are still turned off from the product as a whole. However, since going live, TNA has really stepped their game up. There is no better time to at least casually follow the product. Since many of you have been away from the product for a while, I have created a guide to watch TNA so you can get all of the benefit and none of the pain.

What to Watch For

Let's start out of a very positive note.

Roode v Storm

This feud has been building up for almost a year now and TNA is doing this storyline the right way. As Roode is beating everyone in his path, Storm is barreling over everyone in the BFG series. At this pace, the two are going to headline BFG and have a match of the year candidate. If you follow one thing a week in TNA, I would make it this. When these two face each other, it is going to be something for TNA, and TNA fans, to be proud of.

Destination-X/X-Div

Destination-X is looking to be the third great TNA PPV in a row with a card that is stacking up very nicely. AA v Roode, AJ v Daniels in a last man standing, and an Ultimate-X for a new X champ. TNA is also doing Destination-X right this year by bringing in old favorites like Sonjay Dutt and other great talents like Rubix and Cameron (both who I think will be perfect for the roster). I am excited to tune in next week to see who makes their way into the tournament for the X-Belt.

Bully Ray/Devon/Joey Parks

Very simple. All three of these men are doing some of the best work in years. Bully Ray is money as a heel, Devon looks very good in the ring as a singles guy, and Joey Parks, to my disbelief, is very over with the crowd. There is definitely some value of entertainment when you see these three.

Joey Ryan

I am not going to lie, I marked out a bit when he showed up with that sign in the crowd. I never thought Ryan's YouTube promos and Twitter rants were a work. I was completely convinced that TNA really dropped the ball not signing him. He will not be featured every week of Impact at first, but he will make waves the next time you see his face on TV.

Gut-Check/Open Fight Night

Something different from TNA and worth a gaze from your eyes.

What to Avoid

Obviously not everything is going to be entertaining, so I strongly advise you to skip these segments:

Dixie Carter/AJ v Kaz/Daniels

Overall the story line is very painful to watch. I wish I could explain what is going on to you but it would physically hurt me to type out the slew of garbage. Let's just say that it has a very soap opera-y feel. We have alleged affairs, drug addicts, and now a baby. Even though Kaz and Daniels are doing some great work as heels, you are better off changing the channel when you see a mic in anyone of these four's hands. However, if they are in the ring, stay glued to your TV.

Brook Hogan

Even though she is not taking up more than 60 seconds of TV time a week, your blood-pressure will be much lower when you happen to tune out when you see her. The backstage segments with the KOs has some terrible acting on both sides. The only nice part is that TNA is avoiding her coming down to the ring at all costs to save her from the boo-birds.

What I am Indifferent About

Who Attacked Sting

I am not sure if this is a positive of negative thing. When Sting was first attacked by the masked men, it was a hot storyline that made many people want to tune in next week. However, it has been two full weeks and the storyline has barely been mentioned ruining all it's momentum. I am not sure if TNA knows where this is going.

Closing Remarks

TNA is doing some of their best work in years. Regardless of your feelings towards the other promotion, it is at least worth to casually follow until BFG in October. Hopefully this guide can help you watch the positive parts of Thursday's show and avoid the some pain from previous TNA experiences.

What would you add to the guide?

Thank you for making it this far.
Crack, out.

----------
Zone of Impact is my weekly/semi-weekly blog focusing on the happening of TNA. It will not be a weekly review of Impacts. For that please see the Sudden Impact blog written by DK Wrestling Savior. He does it very well and I am not looking to step on toes. Thank you in advance for anyone's support and feel free to contact me with future topics or on the off chance you would like to use a blog for another website, etc.

Submit "Watching TNA: A Guide (Zone of Impact)" to Digg Submit "Watching TNA: A Guide (Zone of Impact)" to del.icio.us Submit "Watching TNA: A Guide (Zone of Impact)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Watching TNA: A Guide (Zone of Impact)" to Google

Updated 06-29-2012 at 03:17 PM by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And the reason you're indifferent to "who attacked Sting" is because they're letting the angle go cold. It would be so much more interesting/entertaining if they had, I dunno, some kind of promo cut by the intruders, in a "we received this DVD in the mail" sort of way.

Even better if the show was jacked into (think of the movie "Hackers") and it played it's little 3 mins. Once they cut out, Tenay and Taz are dumbfounded. Even have a match going on for the BFG in which both wrestlers have stopped to watch and when it comes back on, *Wham* Bully/Pope/Magnus with a quick roll up victory to add 7 points. Would be epic.
    Agree 100%. Really good blog YoucanCALLmeCRACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin
    Even better if the show was jacked into (think of the movie "Hackers") and it played it's little 3 mins. Once they cut out, Tenay and Taz are dumbfounded. Even have a match going on for the BFG in which both wrestlers have stopped to watch and when it comes back on, *Wham* Bully/Pope/Magnus with a quick roll up victory to add 7 points. Would be epic.
    Nice, brother. I think that'd be a cool angle. They could run with it week by week kind of like the NWO paid announcements. They should go very 'Anonymous' with it even down to the voice on the hacks being that creepy computer generated monotone. so fitting with the times. They could even have them wearing the Guy Fawkes masks in the feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatBlueski
    Nice, brother. I think that'd be a cool angle. They could run with it week by week kind of like the NWO paid announcements. They should go very 'Anonymous' with it even down to the voice on the hacks being that creepy computer generated monotone. so fitting with the times. They could even have them wearing the Guy Fawkes masks in the feeds.
    I could live with that, but rather than the NWO paid adverts, I'd rather them do it "SuicideisComing" style and just have it cut straight into programming. I know it didn't live up to the buzz it created, but the Suicide cut in definately got people talking... Reminded me of Fight Club.

I could live with the digital voice incorp but I'd much rather have it been Steven Hawkings style than for it to be something you hear on a Tom Tom or GPS device.
    Thanks everyone!

That DVD in the mail idea would be pretty awesome. I honestly never gave that RVD v Anderson match any thought (why it was not included). It seemed very bland to me. I really think RVD and Anderson could easily be replaced. Pope for Anderson and whoever for RVD.

Again, thanks everyone!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.