View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. I'm here with another opinion and this time I am going to share with you my thought on the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. I hope you all enjoy this.

First of all, the Cruiserweight title was a Championship specially made for the Cruiserweights in WWE. This is what boosted the careers of the likes of Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero and Gregory Helms.

Superstars like Yoshi Tatsu, Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara, Hunico, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel, R-Truth and Kofi Kingston need a singles title to compete for if the Intercontinental and United States titles already have champions and contenders.

When Yoshi first got into WWE, he defeated guys like Jack Swagger and Shelton Benjamin and now he is a jobber. He jobs to wrestlers like Damien Sandow and Jinder Mahal. He needs to get a boost with his career without being majorly pushed. I can't see him winning the World title or the United States or Intercontinental titles so I think the Cruiserweight title would be ideal for somebody like him.

Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel were in The Nexus, one of the most powerful factions in WWE History and now they are both "time-fillers" and Slater is also a bit of a jobber. He wins matches now and again but most of the time he loses. Gabriel likes to show off his ariel tactics but eventually, that is gonna get boring. He needs to go different places in his career.

Sin Cara is the same as Justin. He has his own way of doing ariel moves and eventually, it is going to be very very boring. Cara had vignettes hyping his big debut in 2011. He arrives and takes the breath away from everyone. He gets injured, he returns, gets injured again and now he does his moves a bit differently and is losing a few matches. What will happen once the fans lose interest?

As for Truth and Kingston, when they EVENTUALLY lose the tag titles, they will most likely go seperate ways. Kingston will likely get back into the US/Intercontinental title hunt and Truth will compete normally. I think once this duo breaks up, one of them (most likely Truth) will turn heel. R-Truth is 220 pounds, which is the limit for the cruiserweight/lightheavyweight division.

They should bring back the Cruiserweight Championship in WWE. The cruiserweights and lightheavyweights need a title of their own to compete for.

I hope you all enjoyed this post. Please leave your own opinions below.

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Cruiserweight Championship" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Cruiserweight Championship" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Cruiserweight Championship" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Cruiserweight Championship" to Google

Comments

The Cruiserweight strap is one of the belts that I hate they got rid of - especially when it is almost tailor made for high-flyers like the ones you mentioned. It's got plenty of prestige and would be a great brass ring for the guys to grab at instead of constantly jobbing.

That and, yes I know I'm splitting hairs, but it would be strange to see someone like Tyson Kidd or Kofi Kingston going for - or holding - the Heavyweight strap. I think it would add some legitimacy to wrestling (WWE in particular) to have belts for the appropriate weight class (i.e. Cruiserwright and Heavyweight.)
    I like the cruiserweight title. And I like the idea....but huge problem. WWE can't handle the titles and divisions they have now. What would bringing in another do?

Also, I don't think you can put guys like Kofi Kingston and R Truth into that division. They're clearly next level.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I like the cruiserweight title. And I like the idea....but huge problem. WWE can't handle the titles and divisions they have now. What would bringing in another do?

Also, I don't think you can put guys like Kofi Kingston and R Truth into that division. They're clearly next level.
    Cruiserweights of WWE, or most of them are now jobbers. Eventually they will get upset and want to leave for another wrestling company i.e. TNA. This will be a bad thing for WWE so if they want to make everyone happy, they should bring back the Cruiserweight Championship.
    I think the CW title will be back sooner rather than later what with the new Cruiserweight project the 'E are working on (if the plans aren't ultimately scrapped for that)... hopefully PAC will be in the tournament to crown the new CW champion too!!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.