View RSS Feed

davieoooo

Sable - Hall of Fame 2013?

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone, first time blogger so just giving an opinion on something which I believe should happen at the Hall of Fame 2013. With Brock Lesnar going to be at Wrestlemania 29 and the company building a main event around him which will be a certain, then surely it would make sense for his real-life wife to be inducted into the Hall of Fame... the ONE and ONLY Sable!

Many argue who the 'first' diva was, Sable or Sunny? Whilst Sunny may have been the original diva in many peoples opinion, Sable really took it to the next level and the women of today's WWE owe her for paving the way for them.

Not having the wrestling ability of The Fabulous Moolah, Trish Stratus or Natalya, Sable still took the wrestling world by storm. She held the womens championship, won 2 Slammy Awards, posed for Playboy on three occasions - one of them being one of the biggest selling issues in history.
Making her debut as a valet for Hunter Hearst Helmsley at Wrestlemania 12, I don't think anyone could have predicted just how big a star she would become, even over taking her then real-life husband Marc Mero in popularity.

With memorable fueds with Mero, Luna and Jacqueline (im not forgetting the fueds with Stephanie McMahon and Torrie Wilson), Sable had the crowds in her hands every time she came through the curtain. Who can forget Fully Loaded with the hand paint bikini? Challenging Marc Mero on Raw, kicking him 'below the belt' and delivering the Sable Bomb? Not one of the Divas of today could get a reaction from a crowd and continue to hold the fans attention like Sable did.

Even turning heel and going 'Hollywood' after her Playboy shoots, she was still THE Diva in WWE. After leaving WWE in 1999, Sable returned in 2003 which no one expected after filing a lawsuit against the company for sexual harrassment. Luckily for us fans she came back and picked up right were she left off and went on to fued with Torrie Wilson and Stephanie McMahon. Whilst these fueds might not be as memorable as her first stint in WWE, she still cemented her place as a true diva, powerful, sexy and one who everyone wanted to see. Sable even went on to pose for Playboy for a third time with Torrie Wilson.

So whilst Trish Stratus and The Fabulous Moolah have had more title reigns than any other divas; Lita, Natalya and Beth Phoenix have great wrestling ability, Sable held her own as a Wildcat Diva who became possibly the biggest Diva of all. Forget the Nitro Girls of WCW in the 90's, the WWE only needed one woman to represent their womens division and that was Sable.
Surely she must go into the WWE Hall of Fame - in my opinion. Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts.

Thanks ‚Äč

Submit "Sable - Hall of Fame 2013?" to Digg Submit "Sable - Hall of Fame 2013?" to del.icio.us Submit "Sable - Hall of Fame 2013?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sable - Hall of Fame 2013?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl
    Sable really opened the door to the super model types. Yes, Sunny was hot, but more like a trashy hot you'd find draped over a car in a calendar. Sable on the other hand was thin, a bombshell, etc. I can still remember having a WM14 party at my college apartment and everyone's jaws dropping when Sable came out in wrestling gear with Marc Mero. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a double edge sword with Sable. I think she definitely deserves to be in the HOF, but I also think she, being the first of her kind, opened the door to sooo many model types that have no business being in a ring or wasting valuable TV time.
    I agree she opened the door to the model types but that's were the management screws up hiring the ones who have no idea what they are doing in the ring. I think Sable was different because she held her own and had great fueds, which could also be the problem with divas today, they don't get enough time from the management to show what they can do.
    Good blog davieoooo!!!! Good to see a Tside boy on here I got family in the Big Smog brother... I dunno if your a football fan but I'm MFC 4 life baby and I'm praying Mogga gets us up this year. I'm not sure if Sable'll go in this year though she will eventually I think. I think Cyndi Lauper is going in next and they won't stack the bill with anymore females than that I don't think even if she is only celeb wing.
    oh I agree. Sable should have been inducted before Sunny... I mean, Sable coined the phrase "WWE Diva." She made a bigger impact. In fact, many other Divas should be in the HOF, they should be inducting more ladies. WWE seem to have forgotten how many women made an impact and made the Divas division popular before Vince ruined it.Alundra, Bull Nakano, Ivory, Jackie, Luna, Trish, Terri, Lita, Patty, Molly Holly. There are so many more!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatBlueski
    Good blog davieoooo!!!! Good to see a Tside boy on here I got family in the Big Smog brother... I dunno if your a football fan but I'm MFC 4 life baby and I'm praying Mogga gets us up this year. I'm not sure if Sable'll go in this year though she will eventually I think. I think Cyndi Lauper is going in next and they won't stack the bill with anymore females than that I don't think even if she is only celeb wing.
    Hey yeah big footy fan love boro n liverpool think boro got a good chance next season now mogga had more time with them. Good point about Cyndi Lauper, if she does end up in HOF celeb wing that would be a good induction, she done a lot in the 80s for wrestling.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.