View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Top 10 moments in WCW Nitro history

Rate this Entry
I did both Raw and Smackdown top 10 good and bad moments. Now it is WCW Monday Nitro's turn. I'd like to start on the positive end first when dicussing WCW. Give it some love after growing up watching it. This list is bad on my opinion as always. Some forget, agree or disagree....let us show love to WCW Nitro. This is not WCW history....just WCW Nitro history.

1.Goldberg wins WCW title July 98-In his hometown live on free TV he beat Hollywood Hogan. Only probably 1 WCW title win would have been bigger if it was on Nitro: Sting winning at Starrcade 97. In any case, it was a huge moment for WCW, fans, and Goldberg.

2.4 Horsemen reunion Sept.98-Ric and Eric didn't have that love/hate relationship. They just had the hate during that time and it showed in his promo on Nitro. Even Bischoff said over 90% was really Flair speaking from the heart.

3.Luger beats Hogan Sept 97-Luger wins WCW title with everyone on WCW side in the ring celebrating with him over the title victory.

4.Scott Hall's debut-The bad guy came over where the big boys play and he wasn't alone. Interrupting a match coming through the crowd. It was just the beginning of what some people call the best Stable in the history of pro wrestling. I still believe 4 Horsemen was the best.

5.Luger debut Sept 95-Contract run out the day before Nitro. Luger was a surprise for fans around the globe watching that night. He came to play with the big boys. LOL!

6.Goldberg spears Bret Hart Dec 99-Come to find out, Bret had a steel plate under that hockey jersey. One of Bret's very few good moments in WCW.

7.DDP joins NWO?Jan 97-DDP puts on the NWO shirt only to turn around and give Hall the diamond cutter. Fans went nuts!!

8.Bret Hart vs Benoit Owen Hart Tribute-Putting on 1 helluva match fans remember til this very day.

9.Sting + NWO? Sept.96-I hated when Sting joined the NWO the last go around, but the first 1 in 96 began the crow character. Sting was my favorite WCW wrestler because of it. During that time, Sting would be in rafter and not talking. Getting over without saying a word and pointing his bat towards Hogan who was scared out of his mind. That led to Sting winning at Starrcade and lost it way too soon. A match everyone wanted to see in 97.

10.Bischoff joins NWO-They have the guy running WCW on their side. How can you defeat them now? Which is mainly the reason it is in the top 10. I know people argue all the time over him being involved in the storyline, but it created more drama. Him joining the NWO made us hate NWO even more than before.

That is my top 10. I know not everyones will look like mine, but I see mine as a very solid list. Hopefully people will not get overly upset that theirs didn't make my list. I know I may hear some liking Jericho/1,000 holds. I liked the conspiracy victim better. The 10 worst will be on here next time. If you got suggestions.....leave them in the comment section.

Submit "Top 10 moments in WCW Nitro history" to Digg Submit "Top 10 moments in WCW Nitro history" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 10 moments in WCW Nitro history" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 10 moments in WCW Nitro history" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Axehandle
    What about Arquette winning the title? Or Hogan's heel turn? Those were the best moments on nitro.

Who cares if they happened on a different show right Sage?

They need to be added to the list.
    Arquette 1st of all would not be listed in my best moments list for WCW at all. For someone to say that was great is baffling to me. These are the best moments on Monday Nitro. Who cares if it happened on a different show? That is like making a top 10 list of Summerslam moments and having Wrestlemania, Survivor Series, Nexus debut and so forth on there. Why not put some TNA moments on there as well. They weren't on the show, but who gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Arquette 1st of all would not be listed in my best moments list for WCW at all. For someone to say that was great is baffling to me. These are the best moments on Monday Nitro. Who cares if it happened on a different show? That is like making a top 10 list of Summerslam moments and having Wrestlemania, Survivor Series, Nexus debut and so forth on there. Why not put some TNA moments on there as well. They weren't on the show, but who gives a crap.
    So I can't add random events from different wcw events to fit on your nitro only list?

Prejudice.
    So I can't add random events from different wcw events to fit on your nitro only list?

Prejudice.
    You can't be serious......those events don't fit on the Nitro list because they didn't happen on Nitro. It is like adding Johnny Ace firing to Wrestlemania history. Give me a break......This is just for Nitro. You can't add moments that didn't happen on Nitro to a Nitro list. It is like putting a Raw moment on a Wrestlemania list.
    Medusa throwing the title in the trash. One of my favorite moments hands down. I think she is my top favorite female wrestler and that act has all but buried the womens division in the WWE. Yes, Trish and Lita did their best to recoupe it, but that was such a big moment that the E Universe had to retire the belt for the Divas division... Since they can no longer call it a womens division.
    What about Hogan's debut?

The biggest star in wrestling switching brands to wcw live on nitro.
    What about Hogan's debut?

The biggest star in wrestling switching brands to wcw live on nitro.
    Correct me if im wrong, but Hogan and Savages debut was before Nitro was on the air. It was on their TBS Saturday Bingo Hall type show.

Lex did the surpise ship jump on the first nitro and confronted Hogan and friends.
    Goldberg vs. Regal (I know, I'm probably the only one XD )

Also, Diamond Dal-La Parka

Wildcat
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.