View RSS Feed

scribbler_jones

Kharma: Woman of Mass Destruction

Rate this Entry
Hello, all! Scribbler Jones here again, back from wandering the forums and all my miscellaneous doings to blog once more. And I wanted to pay tribute to arguably my favorite female wrestler... Kia Stevens, formerly known as Awesome Kong and now called Kharma.

Kharma.jpg

I know, there are a lot of people clamoring for this woman. And why not? But you're probably wondering why do I care about Kharma? To me, Kharma is a powerful woman. And not just in the physical sense. She is driven and is hungry to succeed. Aside from being a wrestler, she was a social worker - showing that she cared about community and those around her. She also owned a business involving vending machines, so she understands business very well. As one can tell, there's a lot more to Kia than just her wrestling career. But in her career, she has left her mark in numerous promotions, including SHIMMER, Ring of Honor and numerous other indy circuits in several countries - and has held many titles in the process.

When I look at wrestling (read: WWE programming) and I see their Divas (whenever they allow them to be seen in the ring) I always flash back to Kharma's debut when she would show up, destroy someone, and put the fear of Kharma in them. I don't see her as a female Big Show - Kharma is quick on her feet and has used a variety of power moves that most other female wrestlers can only dream of (the Awesome Bomb is one of my favorites!) I won't even lie about it: I love big women. I don't really care about the small, dainty, oh-so-pretty Divas that run around and play at wrestling. Kharma is not of that mold. She does not come out in a skimpy outfit and prance around. She comes out like a lion ready to feast on the under-armored and under-prepared gladiator awaiting her. And you know what? She's still sexy as hell doing it. Kharma represents the powerful, confident woman who knows who she is, what she wants and how to get it. Even with her recent tragedy, she is still following her calling. Nobody can knock that. Ever. And that just makes her even stronger for the experience.

By the way, I know most of you guys probably have already seen her work from previous promotions, but for those who haven't - YouTube her. Look up "Awesome Kong" and just see what she is capable of.

And yes, I know she's taken. Bite me. I can still look.

So there you have it. My personal tribute to one of the soon-to-be-greatest female wrestlers there are (if she's not already.) Damn, can't wait for her to come back and tear through the Divas division. Hope Eve's at the front of the Impact Buster line. Alicia Fox should get next.

Submit "Kharma: Woman of Mass Destruction" to Digg Submit "Kharma: Woman of Mass Destruction" to del.icio.us Submit "Kharma: Woman of Mass Destruction" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kharma: Woman of Mass Destruction" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In some alternate reality someone must be creating the dream match of Jessicka Havok Vs Kharma for a huge Event, that match would turn the World on it's ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendaryIcon
    Note that they brought back the women's title so Chyna didn't have to keep competing against the guys for the mid card titles.
    The Women's title was brought back for Sable, not Chyna. Chyna wasn't even wrestling(men or women) back then.
    Karma or Awesome Kong is an amazing women I was begging for her to be in the TNA world heavywieght title picture or just one match for the title I bet she could of put on 1 hell of a show .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.