View RSS Feed

scribbler_jones

Kharma: Woman of Mass Destruction

Rate this Entry
Hello, all! Scribbler Jones here again, back from wandering the forums and all my miscellaneous doings to blog once more. And I wanted to pay tribute to arguably my favorite female wrestler... Kia Stevens, formerly known as Awesome Kong and now called Kharma.

Kharma.jpg

I know, there are a lot of people clamoring for this woman. And why not? But you're probably wondering why do I care about Kharma? To me, Kharma is a powerful woman. And not just in the physical sense. She is driven and is hungry to succeed. Aside from being a wrestler, she was a social worker - showing that she cared about community and those around her. She also owned a business involving vending machines, so she understands business very well. As one can tell, there's a lot more to Kia than just her wrestling career. But in her career, she has left her mark in numerous promotions, including SHIMMER, Ring of Honor and numerous other indy circuits in several countries - and has held many titles in the process.

When I look at wrestling (read: WWE programming) and I see their Divas (whenever they allow them to be seen in the ring) I always flash back to Kharma's debut when she would show up, destroy someone, and put the fear of Kharma in them. I don't see her as a female Big Show - Kharma is quick on her feet and has used a variety of power moves that most other female wrestlers can only dream of (the Awesome Bomb is one of my favorites!) I won't even lie about it: I love big women. I don't really care about the small, dainty, oh-so-pretty Divas that run around and play at wrestling. Kharma is not of that mold. She does not come out in a skimpy outfit and prance around. She comes out like a lion ready to feast on the under-armored and under-prepared gladiator awaiting her. And you know what? She's still sexy as hell doing it. Kharma represents the powerful, confident woman who knows who she is, what she wants and how to get it. Even with her recent tragedy, she is still following her calling. Nobody can knock that. Ever. And that just makes her even stronger for the experience.

By the way, I know most of you guys probably have already seen her work from previous promotions, but for those who haven't - YouTube her. Look up "Awesome Kong" and just see what she is capable of.

And yes, I know she's taken. Bite me. I can still look.

So there you have it. My personal tribute to one of the soon-to-be-greatest female wrestlers there are (if she's not already.) Damn, can't wait for her to come back and tear through the Divas division. Hope Eve's at the front of the Impact Buster line. Alicia Fox should get next.

Submit "Kharma: Woman of Mass Destruction" to Digg Submit "Kharma: Woman of Mass Destruction" to del.icio.us Submit "Kharma: Woman of Mass Destruction" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kharma: Woman of Mass Destruction" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I love Kia. The first Knockouts match I ever saw on TNA was her vs Roxxi in a hardcore match and they completely blew my mind! I really hope the WWE doesn't bury her in favor of the "sexier", scantily clad, and less talented divas on the roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by LostOmega
    I love Kia. The first Knockouts match I ever saw on TNA was her vs Roxxi in a hardcore match and they completely blew my mind! I really hope the WWE doesn't bury her in favor of the "sexier", scantily clad, and less talented divas on the roster.
    It being WWE, they probably will do just that. And to Kelly Kelly, no less
    Man,I've always wanted to share my opinion about Awesome Kong,or should I say Kharma Now..But work don't let a person do whatever he want to xD
    I've always seen Kia as something special..an awesome talent and charisma,wrestling abilities that can make her stand above every other single diva working in the WWE roster today,and,someone who could entertain people as much as The top "Guys"..
    I ever came to think ; Why the WWE still can't call her up?They told her that they are waiting for the best opportunity,but I can see throught their lies..If kharma,A big Woman with such talent,should have a match against the Whole Diva's roster,nobody will believe that she'll lose,and nobody can see any pretty little diva from the roster of nowadays defeating her..So..Why not make her something very very Special?Make her a Mid card "Wrestler"..By saying this,make her wrestle against men..This is Stupid?Chyna had a rivalry with Y2J and with Eddie Guerrero,and she won the intercontinental championshio!!Hell Kharma Awesome-bombed Jack swagger,and scoop slammed Dolph Ziggler,and she can even dominate the intercontinental division,And I ain't saying that cuz she's "Big" but because she have enough talent to do it and it would be very entertaining,and won't be offending the "PG" status of the show..
    Anyway,I Hope the WWE won't screw up such a diva,I really think that it would've been better if she was wrestling in the old days with the old breed..
    I think Kia should go back to TNA where she was appreciated.

Until Vince McMahon is dead and gone the WWE will never show a woman respect. It's amazing for as shrewd of a businessman he is how much of a neanderthal he also is.
    Note that they brought back the women's title so Chyna didn't have to keep competing against the guys for the mid card titles. Not so the divas division would matter in some minor fashion. Though some of the greatest female wrestlers were around at that point.

In all honesty, I would be happy with the divas division if it consisted of only Kharma, Phoenix, Natalya, and Tamina. The rest should be let go or regulated to being valets with the occasional divas match as a mix-in to rivalries. (I think AJ could definitely pull off a 3-way match up against herself and herself.)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    I think Kia should go back to TNA where she was appreciated.
    Back to where she got racially abused by Bubba the Love Sponge and fired for kicking the crap out of him?
    Yes, Bubba the Love Sponge has been fired and has not been with TNA for a while now.

He was a complete ahole there should be no problem now he's gone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.