View RSS Feed

Dperk911

How stables negatively effected wrestling.

Rating: 4 votes, 1.75 average.
Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. Im dperk911 wrestling fan since birth. Im not a wrestling trivia guru like most of you. But i do know enough.

This blog is about how stables effect wrestling in a negative way. We all love a good stable. Especially heel groups. But in some way it has hurt the credibilty of wrestlers. This blog is about that. So here are my reasons and how they hurt wrestling!

1) NO MORE CLEAN WINS FOR HEELS
Creating a stable became a quick way to turn a face and tweeners heel. But the nature of stables to win at any cost created stables to interfere in matches. Which in my opinion took away from wrestlers credibility. No more clean matches made the storylines boring at times. In return makes the fan believe less in the product. How many times did we get annoyed with nWo because all matches ended with a interference and chair shots.

2)Fan fave is more over then the leader. All stables consist of a Leader a tag team and a second singles competitor. More then like the second single star is a upper mid carder. Ths dynamics of the stable lead ro predictability. How? How many times did we see the second singles star become a fan fave? And the. Rise against the stable? Ie: x-pac in dx, randy orton in evolution, trips in dx, kevin nash in nWo etc.
It became a quick way to make a star. And that becMe predictible.

3)QUICK HEAT, QUICK DEFEAT
Stables dont last anymore. Whens the last time you saw a stBle mKe it longer then a year. Shit we still get dx but other then that no. Stables became a way to make the top star in the business a bigger star and look invincible. Look at super cena and nexxus or nWo and sting. The cliche of beating doan the big bad gang. This mDe wrestling less believAble in my opinion. Which destroyed the reputation of those opposing the stable. Tell me you dont think. Dxxus vs. cena ain ruin cena credibilty more thsn what it already was?

Well theres my top three reasons. I have a part two. Oming if this gets good responses.
ThAnks for reading.

Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to Digg Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to del.icio.us Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to StumbleUpon Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Justinjackson1983 ur the man
    I agree with your third point. It did help considerably to create this one guy overcoming the odds. However I think the stable helped to create stars. Wrestlers got screen time and possibly even more ring time because of them.

The only other thing I have to say is GRAMMAR. Use than not then. If you meant to use then then you need to look at that first sentence for your second point again.
    I kinda of liked the Nexus to be honest. I found the whole stable as a good way to bring in everyone from NXT Season 1. They destroyed Cena, Vince, and the Undertaker at one point, but bad booking and constantly placing them again SuperCena killed it.

As for the whole XPac being more over than Triple H debate... personally I feel that the New Age Outlaws were more over than both Pac and H. I remember the crowd being so into the Outlaws, that even one night when Road Dogg lost his voice, the crowd did the whole "ladies and gentlemen" speech as well as had a banner for it. Now that is what I call being over (this includes both DX version 2 [minus HBK] and McMahon-Helmsley Regime).
    Randy Orton was the least over in evolution... He didn't get any reaction until they turned on him.

I think you need to rethink everything.
    1) People were annoyed at the NWO for having most of the roster in there at one point. It became so ridiculous. How can you say stable's became stale when wrestling started declining long after most of the huge, successful factions broke up? The 80s and 90s were huge and only saw increase in viewers. How is that people losing interest in a product?

2) "Fan fave is more over then the leader. All stables consist of a Leader a tag team and a second singles competitor."
    Untrue. Randy and X-pac were far from the most popular members. Nash became popular by trying to recruit sting after he formed the Wolfpack (which Hogan joined and became leader). X-pac didn't rise up against DX, and neither did triple H. Triple H only became leader of the second DX after Rude and Michaels (back injury) left. Triple H left DX to join a bigger faction, corporation. That's hardly rising up as the guy was hated back then. That's not a single's second star becoming fan favorite is it? It's the leader screwing the whole faction over.
    Evolution saw them boot out Orton, who tried to get revenge.
    The most popular incarnation of the NWO was Hogan, Nash and Hall originals. They just started adding members. However, when Nash left, Savage was the man feuding with Hogan. Savage was just as, if not more, popular than Nash. Both Savage and Nash founded the Wolfpac. this is another poor example as Nash (or anyone) didn't really rise against the NWO. They branched off into a second faction, and were eventually joined and replaced as leader by Hogan anyway.
    3)No, this wasn't the biggest way to establish a new star. Nash, Hall, Hogan were already over and established stars before N.W.O.
    Undertaker was already a big name before the ministry, and nobody else replaced him or challenged him for leader.
    Flair and the Anderson's were already major stars in the 80s, well before they formed the Four Horsemen.

It wasn't until recently that Factions were used to boost ONE face who opposed them. Back in the 90s, factions used to oppose other factions. It wasn't until Austin vs Corporation did factions vs one face became a way to make stars. Sting faced the NWO, but the NWO also had the Wolfpac to contend with.

The Nexus feud did NOTHING for Cena. He didn't come across as looking invincible. All i recall from that feud was Cena being fired then somehow being on Raw the next night and being rehired.
    Also factions don't last very long because they are never booked right.
    TNA took an old school approach by having Immortal, with Fortune breaking off to feud against them. This went on for a year so it does happen.
    Unfortunately, WWE just doesn't seem to like factions since Evolution, and that's why you don't see much of them.
    I can't remember any one man taking on and destroying a stable besides Cena. THAT made it unrealistic.

The only people that have been propelled to the top by factions are The Rock, Triple H, Batista, Randy Orton. I'm basing this on them actually being made stars BECAUSE of a storyline involving their former faction, and their feuds with them.

It's affect, not effect btw. Not being a dick but it's an annoying mistake.
    Would just like to point out this gentleman has explained several times now he wrote all his blogs hastily during work and offered his apology in advance.

So no more grammar police jumping on his d*ck because it is just frustrating if you clearly have not taken the time to listen to what he said instead of looking out for spelling mistakes.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.