View RSS Feed

Dperk911

How stables negatively effected wrestling.

Rating: 4 votes, 1.75 average.
Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. Im dperk911 wrestling fan since birth. Im not a wrestling trivia guru like most of you. But i do know enough.

This blog is about how stables effect wrestling in a negative way. We all love a good stable. Especially heel groups. But in some way it has hurt the credibilty of wrestlers. This blog is about that. So here are my reasons and how they hurt wrestling!

1) NO MORE CLEAN WINS FOR HEELS
Creating a stable became a quick way to turn a face and tweeners heel. But the nature of stables to win at any cost created stables to interfere in matches. Which in my opinion took away from wrestlers credibility. No more clean matches made the storylines boring at times. In return makes the fan believe less in the product. How many times did we get annoyed with nWo because all matches ended with a interference and chair shots.

2)Fan fave is more over then the leader. All stables consist of a Leader a tag team and a second singles competitor. More then like the second single star is a upper mid carder. Ths dynamics of the stable lead ro predictability. How? How many times did we see the second singles star become a fan fave? And the. Rise against the stable? Ie: x-pac in dx, randy orton in evolution, trips in dx, kevin nash in nWo etc.
It became a quick way to make a star. And that becMe predictible.

3)QUICK HEAT, QUICK DEFEAT
Stables dont last anymore. Whens the last time you saw a stBle mKe it longer then a year. Shit we still get dx but other then that no. Stables became a way to make the top star in the business a bigger star and look invincible. Look at super cena and nexxus or nWo and sting. The cliche of beating doan the big bad gang. This mDe wrestling less believAble in my opinion. Which destroyed the reputation of those opposing the stable. Tell me you dont think. Dxxus vs. cena ain ruin cena credibilty more thsn what it already was?

Well theres my top three reasons. I have a part two. Oming if this gets good responses.
ThAnks for reading.

Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to Digg Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to del.icio.us Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to StumbleUpon Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dperk911
    ^^^ did u read my comments about heat and being over??? I said exactly what you said bro. Heat is what puts a heel over. Everyone can be put over.

Xpac was pulled out cause he was still battling drugs and hep c. In sure if pac lasted it be a different story.

When hbk was kicked out dx was not faces. Tweeners at most. They were clearly heels but their antics placed them as tweeners strictly cause it was humorous and got them over(see how i used it) with fans. And of course the phrase "suck it". Trips didnt really get over until he went heel. Thats when trips got his heat and a push. For the record i hated xpac. But i couldnt deny the guy was entertaining as fuck.

And my comments still stand. My opinion stables have effected wrestling negatively

Ie remember wcw had the new blood vs the old millionaires angle. With vampiro and all them guys. We knew how it end. Ecw the new blood vs originals... We knew that... Vickie stable recently...laurenitis now.... Shyt everytime trips gets in trouble and he cant do it alone... What stable forms dx...what happens we all know.

My point being we all know what stables are. What made the great stables great is that even though we knew they were going to pull of a cheap win, we also knew arn anderson will bust that ass and could get a clean one. And we wanted to see what will happen today with the stable. Now stables we know the script before it starts.

If thats not teue idk what is
    The part in bold: maybe YOU need to re-read your original statement (that I even quoted, btw). It goes something like "catching heat and being over are two separate concepts, and you (meaning me mostly, I presume) seem to use them synonymously. So try not to lie about that next time.

I have stated before that yes, X-Pac was entertaining. But that doesn't mean that he was more OVER. I think that Brodus Clay is more entertaining than John Cena, but that doesn't mean he is more over than Cena.

Beyond that, you obviously have your (albeit much less thought out) opinions, and I have my more thought out opinions. There isn't much else to say beyond that.
    Stables when booked correctly are awesome.

The Lightning Kid I mean 1 2 3 Kid I mean 6 pac or X pac was nothing more than upper mid card talent at best. The only reason he got put in DX is because he was in the NWO.
    Heat is what puts a heel over. So there for you cant usevthem as the same term! Dont play with my words. Im not a little kid. I can play semantics also.

What????? As soon as xpac arrived he became the cool guy.

Can we not say xpac was the fan fave? Trips was def the top heel. He garnered the most heat.

But sean waltman upon arrival was the new fan fave.

That counts as over to me.
    I see a difference in catching heat and being over. It seems as though you guys are using them synonomously.

I see heat as catered to only heels. Anyone can be put over. Trips def. had more heat. But there were times when xpac was more over? At one point the top storyline on wee was the kane/xpac/tori. Yal dont think lol there are more kid fans of wrestling then adults. More kids were xpac fans over trips fsns which means xpac=over big time as tweener/face trips=over big time as heel. Trips just had more title matches... Which makes u think he waa more over. But there was a point when xpac was more over

I dont see how im making myself look bad. All we are doing is stating opinions.

And the point still remains about how easy it is to predict the outcome if a stable storyline you proved my point again. The top stable guy vs the second over one? It always happen

I have not been a member if this group for long. But i always come to this page daily as a non member. Just never commented. You guys complain about the e all the time. About how easy it is to predict what will happen. An this is an example about what u guys complain about.
    "heels get over by gaining heat from crowds" just like i said. Heels use heat to get over. A face cant use heat. Cause he would become a heel, a tweener at minimum. Like i said and put on bold in the previous statement. Any one can be put over. Faces just have a different way.
    I know my shit buddy. I said the same thing. All my statements will concur.

Maybe you should fully read my comments. If you did without being pig headed and looking to bash it you would have saw we were saying the same thing as far as that last comment. I didnt lie at all.

One thing i learned about you guys here us that if you dont agree with the mass your wrong. Lol i dont agree and obviously by some earlier comments im not alone. Stables gave become boring and predictable. And is hurting the e. A stable turned a former world champ to a tag team member and a lacky to someone who is being pushed now(jack swagger who in my opinion deserves a push to top heel status as well). But its my opinion.

As far as this debate we are debating the classic good guy vs bad guy. When xpac was a face. Trips was a heel. Too different ways of being over. If they were similar characters or at least both herls or faces everything you said would be true. Because when they were both heels trips was way more over. Xpac was a minion. But at this time we are stating opinions.

And as far as your not so witty, try a little harder, want to be an insult but didnt quite make it comment about my opinion nor being thought out, ive more then proven that my comment was well thought out.

Bte im a trips hbk fan. Trips was never that guy until mcmahon hemsly era. A little during the corporation but nah. Not til his feud with test and stephanie put him over. Thats when he became one of the e top three. Until then trips was a upper mid card/ low main eventer. He got his matches but the mcmahon hemdley era made him the top heel. His dx tweener days had him and pac on the same level. Upper mid carders

Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin
    As soon as Triple H denounced HBK on the episode of Raw after Wrestlemania XIV, became the leader of the group, and brought in the New Age Outlaws and X-Pac, the whole GROUP became faces. Therefore, they were ALL fan favorites (otherwise known as babyfaces). Yes, X-Pac was a fan favorite, simply because he was playing the role of a face. But that doesn't mean he was THE fan favorite, or even the most over out of the whole group. If ANYONE came close to being over at Triple H's level, it was Road Dogg, not X-Pac. Yes he may have been over, but he was NEVER the most over.

You are making yourself look bad because you don't understand that OVER includes both face AND heel reactions. Heels get OVER by gaining heat from the crowds. Faces get OVER by gaining pops and sympathy/ support from the crowds. THEREFORE (if you are still following) OVER means the same thing, regardless of character alignment. If a heel is gaining more heat from the crowds than the amount of pops/support the faces are getting from the crowd, it stands to reason that the heel is more OVER than the face.

You can not say that X-Pac was at ANY time in his career getting more reaction of any type than HHH was. I'm sorry, you just can't do it, because if it were the case then X-Pac would've been way more successful than he was. I love the guy, but it's a fact of life that you need to understand.

I'll give you another little example. I am a MASSIVE HBK mark. I fully think that he is the Greatest Of All Time. Period. Backslash. Period. In-ring, he couldn't be touched. On the mic, I think he was up there with the all-time great mic workers. BUT I have to recognize that his 1996 WWF Championship run (after Wrestlemania 12) was a total bomb, that he didn't draw very much, and that he didn't carry the company the way a champion should. Regardless of my mark-ism for the guy, it just didn't happen at that point.

The same goes for X-Pac. I am a fan of the guy, but it still isn't a fact that he was more over than Trips ever. Sorry. But not really.

Giving opinions is all well and good. But spouting such "facts" as "stables sux cuz they gots too perdictble" and "xpac was fan fave mor than HhH no?" just need to be corrected.
    Great stables have helped wrestling, but poorly booked ones have, and are still, hurting it.
    "heels get over by gaining heat from crowds" just like i said. Heels use heat to get over. A face cant use heat. Cause he would become a heel, a tweener at minimum. Like i said and put on bold in the previous statement. Any one can be put over. Faces just have a different way.
    I know my shit buddy. I said the same thing. All my statements will concur.

Maybe you should fully read my comments. If you did without being pig headed and looking to bash it you would have saw we were saying the same thing as far as that last comment. I didnt lie at all.

One thing i learned about you guys here us that if you dont agree with the mass your wrong. Lol i dont agree and obviously by some earlier comments im not alone. Stables gave become boring and predictable. And is hurting the e. A stable turned a former world champ to a tag team member and a lacky to someone who is being pushed now(jack swagger who in my opinion deserves a push to top heel status as well). But its my opinion.

As far as this debate we are debating the classic good guy vs bad guy. When xpac was a face. Trips was a heel. Too different ways of being over. If they were similar characters or at least both herls or faces everything you said would be true. Because when they were both heels trips was way more over. Xpac was a minion. But at this time we are stating opinions.

And as far as your not so witty, try a little harder, want to be an insult but didnt quite make it comment about my opinion nor being thought out, ive more then proven that my comment was well thought out.

Bte im a trips hbk fan. Trips was never that guy until mcmahon hemsly era. A little during the corporation but nah. Not til his feud with test and stephanie put him over. Thats when he became one of the e top three. Until then trips was a upper mid card/ low main eventer. He got his matches but the mcmahon hemdley era made him the top heel. His dx tweener days had him and pac on the same level. Upper mid carders

Your both right in a way…. however hopefully this will clear things up for both of you.

Factually HHH became leader of Dx when HBK injured his back the Night after wrestlemania; Xpac (fresh from his release from WCW) joined DX.

HHH at this stage now was being groomed for bigger things, He had paid enough dues from his punishments after the "Curtain call" incident and earnt back respect from Main eventers such as The Undertaker;

not to mention his friend(s) in high places whispering the correct things in the right ears, at this time in 1998 he and the rock where being built from mid -card to main event.

Xpac like the new age outlaws where baby face’s in the new version of DX, im still talking 1998 so this group was purely at this time -the wwf's answer/response to the nwo- they was selling seats and lots of merchandise. They had a very entertaining feud with the Nation and it was very clear all members in the Nation and DX was supporting roles in HHH and The rocks decent to the top;

at the end of 1998
    X pac was just a popular mid card performer who had to pick up the peice's when HHH suffered a brief knee injury, Xpac's hard work and popularity kept Xpac in mid card roles ongoing into the new year

HHH ending in 1998 was the more OVER mid card performer heading towards the main event spotlight

Enter 1999 …….
    HHH was on the verge of main event status and was being turned towards Heel status exactly when the Rock was being turned Face
    during this transition Xpac was now being used In hhh's old face role to smoothen the transition of HHH turning heel,

X pac was extremely popular in 1999 and was as over as a face as HHH was as a heel…. during the months (key word here during the months) leading towards summerslam 1999 (HHH had not found his niche as a heel just yet) he was still becoming 'the game'

while around the same time X pac was in a very successful and popular tag team with Kane, they both was involved in main event storylines and matches frequently with the undertaker, big show, Austin and the McMahon family.

if you need proof of xpac being over YouTube x pac/kane, No mercy 1999 (uk based ppv) KOTR, Fully loaded 1999, summerslam 1999
    soon after summerslam 1999 his pushed ceased whilst HHH became one of the greatest heels in history and once again Xpac was a supporting role in HHH’s decent

In terms of as an overall Career HHH is one of the all time Greats, While X pac is an afterthought mid card wrestler who in fact became one of the most despised wrestlers ever who could never get over with a crowd again!

But ending this essay over a certain period in 1999 X-pac was one of the WWF'S top baby face’s and was ‘over’ only while HHH was adjusting to his new Heel status
    Quote Originally Posted by justinjackson1983
    But ending this essay over a certain period in 1999 X-pac was one of the WWF'S top baby face’s and was ‘over’ only while HHH was adjusting to his new Heel status
    This sums up my exact thoughts!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.