View RSS Feed

Dperk911

How stables negatively effected wrestling.

Rating: 4 votes, 1.75 average.
Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. Im dperk911 wrestling fan since birth. Im not a wrestling trivia guru like most of you. But i do know enough.

This blog is about how stables effect wrestling in a negative way. We all love a good stable. Especially heel groups. But in some way it has hurt the credibilty of wrestlers. This blog is about that. So here are my reasons and how they hurt wrestling!

1) NO MORE CLEAN WINS FOR HEELS
Creating a stable became a quick way to turn a face and tweeners heel. But the nature of stables to win at any cost created stables to interfere in matches. Which in my opinion took away from wrestlers credibility. No more clean matches made the storylines boring at times. In return makes the fan believe less in the product. How many times did we get annoyed with nWo because all matches ended with a interference and chair shots.

2)Fan fave is more over then the leader. All stables consist of a Leader a tag team and a second singles competitor. More then like the second single star is a upper mid carder. Ths dynamics of the stable lead ro predictability. How? How many times did we see the second singles star become a fan fave? And the. Rise against the stable? Ie: x-pac in dx, randy orton in evolution, trips in dx, kevin nash in nWo etc.
It became a quick way to make a star. And that becMe predictible.

3)QUICK HEAT, QUICK DEFEAT
Stables dont last anymore. Whens the last time you saw a stBle mKe it longer then a year. Shit we still get dx but other then that no. Stables became a way to make the top star in the business a bigger star and look invincible. Look at super cena and nexxus or nWo and sting. The cliche of beating doan the big bad gang. This mDe wrestling less believAble in my opinion. Which destroyed the reputation of those opposing the stable. Tell me you dont think. Dxxus vs. cena ain ruin cena credibilty more thsn what it already was?

Well theres my top three reasons. I have a part two. Oming if this gets good responses.
ThAnks for reading.

Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to Digg Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to del.icio.us Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to StumbleUpon Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Xpac did not become a tweener? Xpac didnt become a fan fave? When trips left dx who creative put as a leader? Not billy gun or roaddogg

And to the person who commented about my english. This is a blog not a college report.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin
    Point #1- I will accept the fact that in SOME stables, the #2 guy gets more over than the leader. However, that makes it more of the #2 guy's ability rather than the ineffectiveness of the stable, and especially not the ineffectiveness of ALL stables.

You saying X-Pac was ever more over than Trips is laughably moronic. That's a clown statement, bro. I'm not even a Trips mark, but X-Pac has never been very over at all. Ever heard of "X-Pac heat"? The defense rests on that point.

Point #2- So what makes you think that whenever the faces "overcome the odds" to win in any match it becomes predictable? You wouldn't say that, because that is a face's job to do so. It is a heel stable's JOB to draw heat from the fans by picking up cheap wins. Please remember that not ALL matches can be vanilla ROH matches that all boil down to "I respect you, you respect me, let's arbitrarily fight to see who the better man is".

And to address your "Quick HEAT Quick defeat" point, it isn't a stables' fault that creative gives up on it and allows it to become buried. That is management's fault. You might as well say how wrestling management/ creative teams negatively effected the wrestling business.
    Thats reasonable. I agree bad booking is a major part. Stables are booked horribly lately.

But even the bad guys need a clean win. Ric Flair had just as many clean wins as he did cheap ones. My point being stables mow is all the gang lifestyle. Bad guys didnt win every match dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior
    I for one think stables do more good than bad. If anything it helps get people over, and that's ultimately what you want. It's the booking that matters. If they give us the same boring shit, then that's their fault. In my mind there's several different ways you could book stables instead of the typical stuff we see.
    There's a difference between a wrestling stable & a gang. The NWO was a gang & so was the Nexus. Crappy gangs with no defined leadership, a bunch of individuals, each one with his own agenda. The Heenan family & the first and best heel stable in history the Four Horsemen were great stables. Everyone knew there place & when someone put their own needs above the group.....they got beat out of the group. Ole Anderson, Lex Luger & Sting all got the crap kicked out of them when they crossed the line as Horsemen. When someone left the Heenan Family, they would do well for a while and then would be quickly forgotten. DX originally was a rip off of the Horsemen(they lacked the style & class of the
    horsemen). Stables if done correctly enhance wrestling. They can become the guys everybody wants to be & beat(like the Horsemen) or have a crafty, wise & comical manager like Bobby Heenan.
    Point #1- I will accept the fact that in SOME stables, the #2 guy gets more over than the leader. However, that makes it more of the #2 guy's ability rather than the ineffectiveness of the stable, and especially not the ineffectiveness of ALL stables.

You saying X-Pac was ever more over than Trips is laughably moronic. That's a clown statement, bro. I'm not even a Trips mark, but X-Pac has never been very over at all. Ever heard of "X-Pac heat"? The defense rests on that point.

Point #2- So what makes you think that whenever the faces "overcome the odds" to win in any match it becomes predictable? You wouldn't say that, because that is a face's job to do so. It is a heel stable's JOB to draw heat from the fans by picking up cheap wins. Please remember that not ALL matches can be vanilla ROH matches that all boil down to "I respect you, you respect me, let's arbitrarily fight to see who the better man is".

And to address your "Quick HEAT Quick defeat" point, it isn't a stables' fault that creative gives up on it and allows it to become buried. That is management's fault. You might as well say how wrestling management/ creative teams negatively effected the wrestling business.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Saw the title to this and immediately stopped reading.

Seriously, you make a strong case for screening blogs for quality assurance....
    Dude, look at my avatar! This is when X-pac was over the most! After DX broke up the first time and he aligned himself with Kane. He was getting WWE title shots back then. I blame WWE creative for the "X-pac heat"...its like they didn't know what to do with him after the Helmsley/McMahon regime angle. Plus, the Kane/X-pac storyline was so deep and compeling, that I don't think many of the fans ever forgave him after his heel turn. I mean it was the beginning of Kane's metamophisis from a out of control monster to a human being letting go of a ton of emotional scars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dperk911
    Xpac did not become a tweener? Xpac didnt become a fan fave? When trips left dx who creative put as a leader? Not billy gun or roaddogg
    I'm not dispting the way WWF creative changed his alignment from heel to face to tweener. But just because they turned him doesn't mean that he was ever more over than Trips. The fact that they chose him to try and replace HHH as the "leader" of DX (although I will argue that once HHH was gone, DX ceased to be a main event stable) is irrelevant to the fact that he has never really been THAT over. Like, bro, just give up. You are making yourself look bad.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.