View RSS Feed

Dperk911

How stables negatively effected wrestling.

Rating: 4 votes, 1.75 average.
Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. Im dperk911 wrestling fan since birth. Im not a wrestling trivia guru like most of you. But i do know enough.

This blog is about how stables effect wrestling in a negative way. We all love a good stable. Especially heel groups. But in some way it has hurt the credibilty of wrestlers. This blog is about that. So here are my reasons and how they hurt wrestling!

1) NO MORE CLEAN WINS FOR HEELS
Creating a stable became a quick way to turn a face and tweeners heel. But the nature of stables to win at any cost created stables to interfere in matches. Which in my opinion took away from wrestlers credibility. No more clean matches made the storylines boring at times. In return makes the fan believe less in the product. How many times did we get annoyed with nWo because all matches ended with a interference and chair shots.

2)Fan fave is more over then the leader. All stables consist of a Leader a tag team and a second singles competitor. More then like the second single star is a upper mid carder. Ths dynamics of the stable lead ro predictability. How? How many times did we see the second singles star become a fan fave? And the. Rise against the stable? Ie: x-pac in dx, randy orton in evolution, trips in dx, kevin nash in nWo etc.
It became a quick way to make a star. And that becMe predictible.

3)QUICK HEAT, QUICK DEFEAT
Stables dont last anymore. Whens the last time you saw a stBle mKe it longer then a year. Shit we still get dx but other then that no. Stables became a way to make the top star in the business a bigger star and look invincible. Look at super cena and nexxus or nWo and sting. The cliche of beating doan the big bad gang. This mDe wrestling less believAble in my opinion. Which destroyed the reputation of those opposing the stable. Tell me you dont think. Dxxus vs. cena ain ruin cena credibilty more thsn what it already was?

Well theres my top three reasons. I have a part two. Oming if this gets good responses.
ThAnks for reading.

Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to Digg Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to del.icio.us Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to StumbleUpon Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i disagree heels are ment to use cheap tactics
    and the nwo was a bad example for interfering the nwo wasn´t a stable it was a gang nothing more nothing less in stables you didn´t always had someone interfere you occasionally had the good guy favorite win a match or two f.e chris benoit or someone interfering on his behalf f.e eugene don´t even compare the nexus and cena to any of the olds in my eyes the cena era is the era that will kill this business one day
    When no stables are around, matches on Raw have interference with another rival interfering. Such as Cena facing some random guy right before the ppv and Big show comes out and interferes. Heels cheat to win whether they are in a stable or not. Interference obviously happens more times if you have a stable, but when the babyface wins....it means a lot more. Some of the biggest wins in WCW was against Hollywood Hogan if you ask me. Luger in 97 on Nitro despite interference, Goldberg obviously in 98 on Nitro, and of course Starrcade Sting wins vs Hogan.

Those type of interferences makes fans made which draws heat from the crowd. You are mad because they want you to be. Not every match you see on Raw, SD, and on ppv should end in a clean win.

2.That is the great things about Stables is making new stars such as Orton and Batista with Evolution.

3.Nexus actually was ruined 3x although the first hit didn't hurt them as bad. The 3 mistakes, WWE beat Nexus at Summerslam, Cena gets out of Nexus too early, and Punk being the new leader instead of Barrett.
    Stables are designed to do one thing, push heels. Everything you said in your blog is exactly why there needs to be stable groups in wrestling. It doesn't hurt the business in the slightest, in some aspects, it helps the business by giving the fans a group of guys to boo.
    The only way it really affects wrestling negatively is when the heel group outlives it's usefulness and isn't killed off (think nWo) or is killed off too quickly before pushing the heel group to the level they need to be at.
    I for one think stables do more good than bad. If anything it helps get people over, and that's ultimately what you want. It's the booking that matters. If they give us the same boring shit, then that's their fault. In my mind there's several different ways you could book stables instead of the typical stuff we see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dperk911
    Like i said there becomes a time were the second star is more over then the primary and the roll shifts. It doesnt happen to every stable. Like you pointed out. But it does happen. Why did xpac get kicked out of dxorton in evolution? Batista? Nash leaving nWo to create wolfpack? Rock in NoD and then taking over NoD? Like i said it does happen. It makes perfect sense.

At one point xpac was more over then trips. Xpac was the fan fave in dx. He became a tweener.

Didnt say stables made it that way. Stables made it predictible to not see a clean win. You KNOW if the wrestler has a stable 9/10 his stable would interfere with the match. Yes herls use cheap antics but uou know with a stable theres no clean win
    Point #1- I will accept the fact that in SOME stables, the #2 guy gets more over than the leader. However, that makes it more of the #2 guy's ability rather than the ineffectiveness of the stable, and especially not the ineffectiveness of ALL stables.

You saying X-Pac was ever more over than Trips is laughably moronic. That's a clown statement, bro. I'm not even a Trips mark, but X-Pac has never been very over at all. Ever heard of "X-Pac heat"? The defense rests on that point.

Point #2- So what makes you think that whenever the faces "overcome the odds" to win in any match it becomes predictable? You wouldn't say that, because that is a face's job to do so. It is a heel stable's JOB to draw heat from the fans by picking up cheap wins. Please remember that not ALL matches can be vanilla ROH matches that all boil down to "I respect you, you respect me, let's arbitrarily fight to see who the better man is".

And to address your "Quick HEAT Quick defeat" point, it isn't a stables' fault that creative gives up on it and allows it to become buried. That is management's fault. You might as well say how wrestling management/ creative teams negatively effected the wrestling business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin
    Point #1- I will accept the fact that in SOME stables, the #2 guy gets more over than the leader. However, that makes it more of the #2 guy's ability rather than the ineffectiveness of the stable, and especially not the ineffectiveness of ALL stables.

You saying X-Pac was ever more over than Trips is laughably moronic. That's a clown statement, bro. I'm not even a Trips mark, but X-Pac has never been very over at all. Ever heard of "X-Pac heat"? The defense rests on that point.

Point #2- So what makes you think that whenever the faces "overcome the odds" to win in any match it becomes predictable? You wouldn't say that, because that is a face's job to do so. It is a heel stable's JOB to draw heat from the fans by picking up cheap wins. Please remember that not ALL matches can be vanilla ROH matches that all boil down to "I respect you, you respect me, let's arbitrarily fight to see who the better man is".

And to address your "Quick HEAT Quick defeat" point, it isn't a stables' fault that creative gives up on it and allows it to become buried. That is management's fault. You might as well say how wrestling management/ creative teams negatively effected the wrestling business.
    This guy gets it.
    When a heel stable is done correctly it works. Look at NWO, when they first started it was great but they soon had over 1/2 the roster joining, majority of which were top guys.
    WWE did it correctly with Evolution. They made 2 huge stars and didnt recruit any more members into their stable. They chose the correct group of guys and ran with it.
    The Nexus failed in my opinion because they had super cena defeat all of them alone. SES and NEXSES were a total joke, as was JBL's little team, Edges team and Vickie Gurrero's teams.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.