View RSS Feed

Dperk911

How stables negatively effected wrestling.

Rating: 4 votes, 1.75 average.
Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. Im dperk911 wrestling fan since birth. Im not a wrestling trivia guru like most of you. But i do know enough.

This blog is about how stables effect wrestling in a negative way. We all love a good stable. Especially heel groups. But in some way it has hurt the credibilty of wrestlers. This blog is about that. So here are my reasons and how they hurt wrestling!

1) NO MORE CLEAN WINS FOR HEELS
Creating a stable became a quick way to turn a face and tweeners heel. But the nature of stables to win at any cost created stables to interfere in matches. Which in my opinion took away from wrestlers credibility. No more clean matches made the storylines boring at times. In return makes the fan believe less in the product. How many times did we get annoyed with nWo because all matches ended with a interference and chair shots.

2)Fan fave is more over then the leader. All stables consist of a Leader a tag team and a second singles competitor. More then like the second single star is a upper mid carder. Ths dynamics of the stable lead ro predictability. How? How many times did we see the second singles star become a fan fave? And the. Rise against the stable? Ie: x-pac in dx, randy orton in evolution, trips in dx, kevin nash in nWo etc.
It became a quick way to make a star. And that becMe predictible.

3)QUICK HEAT, QUICK DEFEAT
Stables dont last anymore. Whens the last time you saw a stBle mKe it longer then a year. Shit we still get dx but other then that no. Stables became a way to make the top star in the business a bigger star and look invincible. Look at super cena and nexxus or nWo and sting. The cliche of beating doan the big bad gang. This mDe wrestling less believAble in my opinion. Which destroyed the reputation of those opposing the stable. Tell me you dont think. Dxxus vs. cena ain ruin cena credibilty more thsn what it already was?

Well theres my top three reasons. I have a part two. Oming if this gets good responses.
ThAnks for reading.

Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to Digg Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to del.icio.us Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to StumbleUpon Submit "How stables negatively effected wrestling." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Daniel Bryan short stint as part of the Nexus stable became the WHC. He wasn't the leader of the Nexus at all either.
    -I couldn't agree more.
    -I thought I was the only one who hated Nexus invasion angle or the Evolution era. I mean every single week on raw the match would end with other members coming in and interrupting the match, boring as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by madnonsense
    Daniel Bryan short stint as part of the Nexus stable became the WHC. He wasn't the leader of the Nexus at all either.
    Exactly my point. The upper mid card wrestler becomes more over thrn its leader.
    The nexus angle served his purpose because no one saw it coming, look it at the perspective of the causal fan: the stable dominates using dirty tacitcs and they will wonder for weeks who and how is going to stop the,
    This blog is full of wrong:

1) Heels have traditionally won matches using cheap tactics. That's called "Heel Psychology 101". Stables didn't make it that way.

2) This makes no sense. Ric Flair was the leader, and he was way more over. Hollywood Hogan (and eventually Nash) were by far the most over of the nWo (for the most part) and they were the leaders. P.S Hayes was the leader of the Fabulous Freebirds, way more over. Bobby Heenan with the Heenan Family. Need I continue. And to say that X-Pac was ever more over than Trips is ridiculous.

I'll continue later.
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    -I couldn't agree more.
    -I thought I was the only one who hated Nexus invasion angle or the Evolution era. I mean every single week on raw the match would end with other members coming in and interrupting the match, boring as fuck.
    I didn't hate the Nexus angle. I just hated how WWE handled it. They buried it before it could ever get started. And if you're going to be innovative and come up with an idea like an "Invasion", you have to do it right. The attack on John Cena was great. They destroyed the ring. Attacked the commentators, camera guys, etc. That was totally awesom. Then that's where it all ended. They should have had Cena out for a few weeks. Then attack anyone and everyone. Heels included. Go out and destroy a few mid-carders. Go destroy the US Champ. Attack the tag team champs backstage. Etc...

Instead, they kept it where they sided with the typical heels, and only really targeted Cena. (except when they got McMahon). Then SuperCena took over and Nexus was officially an afterthought.
    Screwy finishes when it comes to heel stables is pretty much the point. They're not suppose to get clean wins over fan-favorites as it doesn't work in the psychology of wrestling. When it comes to heel stables, they are booked to use the numbers games to their advantage in a kayfabe way so booking them to win cleanly would defeat the purpose of a heel formation in the first place.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.