View RSS Feed

Brendan

WWE Smackdown 6/22/2012 Review

Rate this Entry
smackdown logo.jpg
Opening Segment

I thought that this was a good start to Smackdown. I'm actually starting to like the Big Show as Heel because he seems to finally be showing some passion for what he does and his Promos have been fairly solid. Show just needs to start cendencing his Promos because he takes too much time to get his point across.

Brodus Clay is also finally gaining my interest because hes finally showed some fire over the last few weeks and I'm loving that he finally has an actual feud; in fact hes basically feuding with two people in Big Show and David Otunga.

Speaking of Otunga, its great that he also has a legitimate feud now and tonight he was great, especially when he mocked Clay's dance.

On a side note, I really hope WWE isn't setting up Big Show to win a Money In The Bank Briefcase because he doesn't need it.

Ryback vs. Jared Walker and Frank Valencia

I am probably one of the few who have enjoyed watching Ryback annihilate jobber after jobber, but even I'm starting to get sick of it and am ready to see how he would do in a 10-15 minute match against some that is actually a member of the WWE roster.

Personally, I would like to see Ryback feud with Tensai seeing as neither have nothing going on right now. It would also be an amazing feat to see if Ryback could get Tensai up on his shoulders for the Suplex type maneuver he does, which would also help get him more over with the audience.

Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio

These two most certainly have some chemistry together because they had a Pay-Per-View quality match on Smackdown.

I liked Alberto Del Rio getting the fairly clean victory here over someone who actually means something, but I was still perturbed as to why WWE would job out their Intercontinental Champion, though Christian did look strong in defeat as the match was back and forth with many near-falls for both men and he was distracted a little by Ricardo Rodriguez at the end.

I'm happy that Cody Rhodes and Christian are going to continue feuding over the IC Title as Rhodes viciously attacked Christian's already injured arm after the match and screamed at him "You're stealing my time, I am Smackdown."

I also have my figures cross that Rhodes and Christian's next match is a Ladder Match at Money In The Bank.

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan

A really good video package documenting the whole AJ, Kane, CM Punk, and Daniel Bryan saga was shown before the match. AJ also made her way out as the "Special Guest" Time Keeper for the match.

Daniel Bryan and Kane worked very well together tonight and were allotted enough time to pace the match nicely.

AJ continued to tease where her allegiance is as she rang the ring bell while Kane was in the Crossface even though he had not tapped out. AJ feigning innocence acted as though it was just a mistake and the match continued much to the dismay of Daniel Bryan who thought he had won. Bryan eventually lost due to a chokeslam and AJ just nonchalantly skipped away as if nothing had happened leaving Kane looking confused.

I hope that I'm not the only one still enjoying this story after all these weeks because it keeps me looking forward to what happens next.

Heath Slater vs. Zack Ryder

I'm finding Heath Slater hilarious on the mic over the past few weeks, but this match got super short and was a waste of time.

The only reason this happened was so Mick Foley could appear in front of the live crowd.

Prime Time Players vs. The Usos

Pretty good match between two Tag-Teams that actually look and act like one.

The only problem I had was that the match didn't get enough time, though I loved the brawl between Primo & Epic and the Prime Time Players/AW backstage after the match. I'm still hoping that those two teams have a match at Money In The Bank where there is a clear winner and that it isn't just wasted on a Raw or Smackdown.

Santino Marella Segment

HUMONGOUS waste of time. This never should have happened and the time that was wasted here could have been added to the Tag-Team match.

Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler

Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus had a match that was totally different than their previous ones and in my opinion, this match was better than the one they had at No Way Out.

I also loved the finish because it would have come out of nowhere if it weren't for the fact that this was a TV match.

I'm assuming that next week, WWE will start setting up for Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio to finally have their one on one World Heavyweight Championship match at Money In The Bank, which is something I'm going to try and stay positive about.

Closing Thoughts

I found Smackdown really enjoyable tonight because of three awesome matches that actually got a solid amount of time and a strong opening segment.

Smackdown Rating: 4/5

Submit "WWE Smackdown 6/22/2012 Review" to Digg Submit "WWE Smackdown 6/22/2012 Review" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Smackdown 6/22/2012 Review" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Smackdown 6/22/2012 Review" to Google

Comments

Smackdown was pretty good. It was WAY better than last Monday's Raw. I' hoping that next week, they start to build up for the Money in the Bank PPV and cut the pointless segments out to give the other mid-carders more air-time.
    Good to finally see a Smackdown review. Good job and keep 'em coming.
    I was there live. I've made it an obligation to never goto anymore House Shows or Smackdown tapings but I couldn't resist.

This might not have showed up well through television but Daniel Bryan got the largest pop of the night and next was Zack Ryder.

Also I know they had to edit this out, but there were HUGE and I mean HUGE "Cryme Tyme" & "JTG" chants when Titus O'Neil & Darren Young were in the ring during their match.
    Oh Yeah and The Santino segment was odd because many people including myself thought that was a commercial break thing. When I watched Smackdown on Friday I was shocked to see that segment aired. I thought it was a filler before the mainevent.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.