View RSS Feed

Brendan

There Should Be No Rush With Cody Rhodes Career

Rate this Entry

A lot of wrestling fans have been clamoring for Cody Rhodes to win one of the Money In The Bank Briefcases next month when a Pay-Per-View of the same name takes place.

They want this because being the owner of said Briefcase all but guarantees you are going to win a World Championship very soon, but my reply would be, whats the rush?

Cody Rhodes is going to turn twenty-seven on June Thirtieth and still has a ton of time to continue to mature both in the in the ring and on the microphone. I'm not saying Rhodes isn't good in the ring or on the mic, I am saying that he still has room to improve, which is insane because he is already extremely good and I can't wait to see how good hes going to be.

Lets not forget that over the past number of years WWE has had trouble with their patience as they have pushed numerous wrestlers to the top too fast, with Allberto Del Rio being a recent example. Del Rio is a guy that in his first year and a half on the main roster of the WWE won the 2011 Royal Rumble, 2011 Raw MITB, and WWE Championship twice. That is a very impressive resume and yet Del Rio was and still isn't over with the majority of the fans because he was shoved down their throats repeatedly.

Cody Rhodes is definitely not the same as Alberto Del Rio, but he has only found his niche in the WWE over the past year and I don't want to see the same thing that happened to Del Rio happen to him.

WWE and the fans in this case just need to show a little patience.

Lastly, the Mid-Card needs Cody Rhodes to be its face. It needs him to be there over the next few years to win and lose Intercontinental Championships and bring the best out of guys like Seth Rollins, Richy Steamboat, and Mike Dalton who are just making their way up to main roster, so that they can become the faces of the division and Rhodes can eventually ascend to the Main-Event.

Patience is an art WWE has lost and is something that needs to be found and used in the case of Cody Rhodes. It is also something fans need to find as well because its better in the long run.

So I will ask again, whats the rush?

Submit "There Should Be No Rush With Cody Rhodes Career" to Digg Submit "There Should Be No Rush With Cody Rhodes Career" to del.icio.us Submit "There Should Be No Rush With Cody Rhodes Career" to StumbleUpon Submit "There Should Be No Rush With Cody Rhodes Career" to Google

Updated 06-21-2012 at 07:21 PM by Brendan

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

You got it so right. No sense in rushing people to gold even if its the U.S. championship. see the wwe has forgotten how to push a midcard to upper star without throwing them straight to a championship belt.

Anytime a wrestler is on a role. The wwe says hey lets give him a title. Hell just look at guys like Ezekiel Jackson. He won the i.c belt and did nothing after.

Look at Jack Swagger, The Miz. I mean its nothing to look forward too after winning the big one so early.

When you decide to push a man to that belt, you make sure its gonna stick. Depushing guys like swagger after winning that belt kills the prestige of the title and insults the fans.

Great blog man.
    I agree with you bro...really..Cody is an asset...a very precious asset..he should be in the upper midcard n should occasionally main event may be challenging teh world champion at Raw/Smackdown or even on a ppv...n finally he should be into the main event...that will make him even more legit...

good blog!!!
    Can't read blog, have to run off somewhere but I read the title and I completely agree...
    I like what I am reading and definitely see your point. We as wrestling fans naturally want to see a great prospect we like go straight into the main-event picture and get the big gold belt. But maybe talents like Rhodes are just fine where they are. Think of it... since he's not in the main-event tier, he is less likely to get mired down in insipid storylines and bullshit politics - which will free him up to put on great shows and perform at his best. Besides, I think that Cody has outdone some of the top-tier talent already.
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    Can't read blog, have to run off somewhere but I read the title and I completely agree...
    No need to read, buddy nailed it. Rhodes is an amazing gem, one that hopefully the E' cherishes and pushes at the correct time. Yes his resume may not be as star studded as others such as Del Rio. Yet in the same run, he may be one of those very few stars they bring up properly. Perfection takes time, and seeing Rhodes capture the MITB would be beyond amazing, yet do it as they did it with his I.C title run, simply let him run with it, and carry it over a lengthy period of time.

Great Blog bro.
    I think it makes the main event pushes of these guys more credible when they have been in the midcard scene for a long time. Look at a guy like Jeff Hardy.

I can't stand how they have so devalued the WWE title giving it to a guy like Sheamus in his first year with the company even though Sheamus is good it didn't work.

Cody Rhodes on the slow track will produce better results for the fans and for the WWE.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    I think it makes the main event pushes of these guys more credible when they have been in the midcard scene for a long time. Look at a guy like Jeff Hardy.

I can't stand how they have so devalued the WWE title giving it to a guy like Sheamus in his first year with the company even though Sheamus is good it didn't work.

Cody Rhodes on the slow track will produce better results for the fans and for the WWE.
    This is a really good point. Hardy was the last midcarder to make it to the mainevent and I really enjoyed the build up to winning his 1st title. I know Christian did it more recently but I always felt like they gave him the title out of sympathy for Edge and to make it worse have him lose it to Orton on the next Smackdown was just a joke and made a mockery of Christians hard work. Awesome blog and I agree with you about Cody.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.