View RSS Feed

Ressurection

Wrestling Move's Damage

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, this is Ressurection with my debut blog, which is about the damage indications made by different mooves.

Finishers ending match-ups
Does anyone notice regarless of what someone's finisher is, it is as equal to to everyone's finisher? (regardless of rare moments when people kick out of them). I mean, why should Christian's flog splash be equal to the AA by John Cena? The answer is it shouldn't. Believe it or not Cena's finisher is not as damaging as a german suplex, yet when CM Punk did the german suplex on one of these last couple Raws, it did not get the job done. It irritates me. Why should a wrestler bother doing a bunch of other mooves when they can just perform their finisher? So they can finally set it up? I see a diving elboew set up just fine, but suddenly it is harder to do a GTS (Just another point)
WWE should treat finishers like they did in SvR 2006. If anyone of you remembers playing that game when you created a CAW or messed around with other people's mooves, you remember each moove had damage indicators. So someone's finisher could cause less damage then a regular moove used by another. Plus it makes majority of the pins more suspenseful to watch. I mean how many of you are actually on the edge of your seats when Sheamus goes for the pin after his irish curse backbreaker? Or when Kofi hits his body to body moonsault? Answer is your not, because you know it does not end a match.

High Flying Moves are Weak
Outside of Sin Cara, how many times have you seen a high-flying moove win a match? Not often. I mean why should CM Punk's diving elbow not get the job done in winning a match (I know it did one time but thats it) I mean he is driving his elbow down into someone's heart. And why does Kofi's moonsault not get a win? He is diving his whole body onto his opponent to get a win, but it does not work. WWe says this to high flying mooves or what they make it seem like, Why even do a high flying moove if it cannot get a win? Why take the risk? Thats what they say.

Endurance Changing
Why is it when Brock Lesnar punches Cena, he bleeds. But when Big Show does it, he is all of a sudden knocked out? Dumb. If it was a last man standing match, Cena would be up by a ref's 10 count. WWE does not take that into reality. I can hit someone backstage with a pipe to the head, and they will be down for a long time. But if it was a last man standing match, they would be up alot quicker.
Also, elimination tag team matches should be longer then regular tag matches due to how long it takes to get a pin. I mean if it takes say 20 minutes to pin someone in a regular tag match, thats how long it should take in the first pinfall of an elimination tag match.
Last point is hardcore matches should be shorter then singles mnatches. Think about it. You hitting someone with a steel chair should decrease their chances of kicking out of a pin. Due to any extreme tactic to get someone down for a pin or some other reason should help someone alot quicker then the limits someone has in a singles match.

Thanks for reading this blog. Hope your doing well and please feel free to comment on any thoughts you have. Also rate this blog aswell. I appreciate it.

Jesus ressurected, so now we should

Submit "Wrestling Move's Damage" to Digg Submit "Wrestling Move's Damage" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestling Move's Damage" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestling Move's Damage" to Google

Updated 12-12-2012 at 07:35 PM by Ressurection

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The idea behind it is that a finishing move is a move the wrestler's practised, prepared and is so good at, that they can win the match with it, regardless of what it is. In ROH, Bryan Danielson bragged once that he had an 'inescapable' small package pin. So the kayfabe reason isn't that all moves are the same, but that all moves are good enough to almost win the match by themselves because it's the move they perfect the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by zz9pluralz
    The idea behind it is that a finishing move is a move the wrestler's practised, prepared and is so good at, that they can win the match with it, regardless of what it is. In ROH, Bryan Danielson bragged once that he had an 'inescapable' small package pin. So the kayfabe reason isn't that all moves are the same, but that all moves are good enough to almost win the match by themselves because it's the move they perfect the most.

Nailed it bro. My thoughts exactly.
    While i understand seeing a simple slam do the same damage as idk.....a Canadian disaster? could become a little irritating at times but going with what zz9pluralz said, its that wrestler's patented move. The move that only they know how, where, and when to perform to secure( or attempt to secure) victory. I myself always looked at it as whether its a Santino "cobra strike", or a "Sweet Chin Music" from the greatest wrestler of all time(Shawn Micheals if you didn't know), Its the wrestler's finishing move to win them the match. A wrestler's finishing move is attached to their character as much as anything could be. Stone Cold Steve Austin is known as much for the Stone Cold Stunner as he is for Austin 3:16 and drinking beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
    You have no problem suspending reality for religion but you can't for wrestling? Both are fake. The only difference is that one gives you passion and entertainment in life and the other is religion.

Why would you make this comparison? Even though you worded it wrong, I understood what you meant and am offended.
    I agree that they play up poitless moves too much. I always remember Matt Hardys side slam move(i forget what its called), he would always hit that then go for a pin but it never worked.
    I also want to know why the GTS is a finisher, he botches it 90% of the time and obviously doesnt connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by zz9pluralz
    Although I do agree with the idea of them perfecting a specific moove the most, there are plenty of superstars moves which could not be done any better but still does not get the win. Examples can be Ziggler's scissor slam moove, Kofi Kingston's moonsault, and CM Punk's diving elbow. (By the way I am saying this out of respect and kindness).

Plus I am not really shocked when someone kicks out out of a moove tats not a finisher. I mean why cannot like a couple matches in a week be won by a moove not by a finisher, that way I am more on the edge of my seat when someone goes for the pin. Also, shouldn't the superstars be smart enough by now not to go for the pin after a moove thats not a finisher? Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it.
    It has more to do with the person making the move than the move itself. There are a lot of finishers etc.. that are derivative of other moves that don't do much damage. It is how it is sold by the person doing the move AND the one taking it. They both have to sell it and some people suck at selling their own moves.

If you doubt that you don't have far to look. How did a simple elbow drop become The Most Electrifying Move in sports entertainment. If you smell what I am cooking...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.