View RSS Feed

Another_Big_Guy

Digital Era Killed The Pay Per View Star...Part 2

Rate this Entry
Hello again all, another big guy back again. As you can see by the title I have chosen to continue on from the first blog I created a week ago, mainly because I got fired up in thought after watching No Way Out this week.

I have to say that was one of the worst presented wwe ppv's I have seen in a very long time. Unadvertised matches, botches, poor booking and just plain laziness all around. My real beef though was just how pathetic the set was for this; there bloody well wasn't one as far as i'm concerned. I felt like I was watching an extended version of a house show, and house shows get better reviewed.

I thought this set was just plain lazy pure and simple. Normally they have a prop here and there but for the life of me I didnt spot any at all. The didgital projection itself was pretty lame too, flames and bits of metal? seriously? someone should have got fired for that. I expected to see some kind of cage motif on display using both real things and digial prjection but no, the whole thing ruined it for me, it sounds petty I know but still.

As much as I hate to say it even TNA put in some effort at Slammiversary and that was a far better ppv, just saying that made me feel iffy. It was nice to see tna do something a little different for a change, wasnt by much but change all the same. Now I like tna every now and then but most of the time the experience is killed when they use the same damn stage and sets for tv shows and ppv's, surely they couldnt be that stretched for cash?!...

Still on tna and how much their lack of change hurts them, I have read the rumours about how they intend to cut ppv's back to 8 or 6 a year. I think this is a good because now storylines can be fleshed out better and people may start giving crap but more importantly its also a chance to make ppv's feel special again. They can achieve this through fleshed out storylines, like i said and considering their live shows and on gthe road efforts pan out they can start holding ppv's in different cities and with that they should start making variety in sets and stages, not just having the same boring crap.

They should see wwe's lack of interest i giving us fans something special each ppv and start doing it themselves and my belief is that by making special sets for each of their ppv's people will actually see them as not extended impact's, atleast thats how I felt watching slammiversary. I could just be carrying on about nothing but think about it, would you rather watch ppv's and feel like your watching extended episodes of weekly shows? or would you rather see something special every ppv?...

I will leave you with that right there so let me know what you reckon. I do apologise if it seemed like a ramble but the pure laziness of no way out really bugged me but anyway enjoy reading.

Cheers

Submit "Digital Era Killed The Pay Per View Star...Part 2" to Digg Submit "Digital Era Killed The Pay Per View Star...Part 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Digital Era Killed The Pay Per View Star...Part 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Digital Era Killed The Pay Per View Star...Part 2" to Google

Comments

For me it is just too many ppvs and it tends to burn me out on all of them. There's not enough build to make me care about the matches so I don't intend on paying for them. I don't even care enough to stream them for free. Wrestlemania was easily ordered due to all the buildup. PPVs today to me seem like just another Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Strawn
    For me it is just too many ppvs and it tends to burn me out on all of them. There's not enough build to make me care about the matches so I don't intend on paying for them. I don't even care enough to stream them for free. Wrestlemania was easily ordered due to all the buildup. PPVs today to me seem like just another Monday Night Raw.
    Exactly. Nobody wants to waste money on shit.
    the past two pay per views were some of the worst I have ever seen, just pure lazy booking, buildup, no no way out set at all.... barely any "no way out" matches, I watch slammiversary and It was awesome compared to the past 2 months of wwe. I have lost faith with wwe the past year with horrible booking, hence why I do not buy PPVs anymore... why should i waste almost 50$ each month on a PPV with barely any buildup and horrible quality, and matches? I stream. Some are not even worth my time. Why should i buy a ppv when that will say i support the current product? I don't. They need t actually give a shit regardless of no competition they cant just make any quality script because they can. The current product is a joke compared to the old state.
    I think if WWE focused on maybe 6-8 PPV a year, and make the build ups more realistic, more people would buy it.
    PPV's used to be great. They've watered them down. Every other month would be ok so they can build a feud. Sometimes there's only 2-3 weeks between them. That's no way to build a PPV. WM 28 was the first PPV I bought since the 2 before WM 24 (RR & NWO(?).And I only bought those because I was going to WM 24.

They're getting to where I don't even want to go see them live anymore. Hell In The Cell last year was the biggest waste of money I've ever spent on wrestling. Unfortunately you have to gamble though. If you want good seats you have to buy months in advance without a clue as to who is wrestling.
    Im glad i am not the only one who thinks this way. I used to buy ppv's all the time too but slowly they just became a waste of time and money. If it was complete crap booking or a dodgy card, it was utterly absurd prices. Pretty sure wwe think everyone will buy it no matter how bad it is and be happy about it and if it fails blame the guys we pay to see and not the guy/s we don't...

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.