View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Uncooked: WWE/Raw Thoughts

Rate this Entry

Ok guys. This week I decided to do a different format for Uncooked. Instead of a good/bad/indifferent section, I'm shaking things up a bit. Let me know what you think!(Note this contains info from the main site)

Highlight(s) Of Raw
CM Punk/Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan/Kane
This to me was a good match. It had a good eb and flow, and ended perfectly. Seeing AJ come out dressed like Kane, only for Kane to semi follow stranding D-Bry again, wonderful. I still don't know where this angle is going, and because of that, I'm tuning week in and week out just to see what happens the following week. The match itself was one of the better tag matches we have seen in a while, and I liked the GTS/Brogue Kick combo to end it. Reminded me of the SCM/Pedigree combo.

Paul Heyman/HHH
I really enjoyed this segment. The interaction of HHH/Paulie is just dynamic in my opinion. The WWE did the smart thing going with Heyman as the mouth piece compared to Lesnar, because while Lesnar can cut a promo, he can't cut a promo like Paulie. The thing I liked best about this segment, is for a split second I thought HHH might not hit Paul. My hope is that Paul and Brock win the "lawsuit" and with it, gain control of the WWE. I'd also like to see the match at Summerslam be a last man standing match. It's been a while since we've seen one of those.

Lows of Raw
Cyndi Lauper/Piper/Slater
Ok...I could actually start digging Slater as a mid card heel. He is obnoxious, and just comes off as one of those guys you want to beat the shit out of. Not like ADR where he comes off as obnoxious and you just want him to leave the WWE. The thing with this segment, imo, Cyndi Lauper just didn't jive with it, nor did Piper. Remember Piper a few months back on SD? That was an epic Rowdy Roddy Piper moment. This however wasn't. Hopefully as we get closer to the 1,000 Raw, we get better Legend moments, and hopefully the 1,000 Raw isn't just riddled with only legends stuff and nothing really current.

Other News/Thoughts
Vickie Guerrero GM Next Week
Who else smells a Ziggler world title/wwe match next week? I DO! It would be cool to see Edge make an appearance too, though I know that most likely won't happen. With the fact Vickie is GM next week, between now and the 1,000th Raw we have 3 other Raws before the 1,000th Raw for others to be interim GM's. I think it would be cool to see Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, and William Regal get the call to be interim GM's.

1000th Raw
This should hopefully be a great episode, and will kick off the 3 hr permanent change. I think it'll be interesting to see how long the 3 hr change lasts. If the WWE does it right, I could see it be a permanent thing, but if the ratings start to suck, I could easily see them going to 2 hrs again. I'm excited to see the DX reunion for this Raw, but hopefully we don't get anything EXTREMELY cheesy...just a little cheesy. I also could see Steve Austin being named the interim GM, and at this Raw, the permanent GM's for Raw and SD being named.

Money In The Bank
There have been no official matches yet, but I see Sheamus defending against either Alberto Del Rio or Chris Jericho, and I see us getting an ending to the Punk/Bryan feud...maybe. I hope they do 2 MITB matches, one for Raw and one for SD as that would be nice to see. Let's just hope that on next weeks Raw, they make a few matches official and we get a decent build up.

Alberto Del Rio
Now something smells funny here IMO. Dude gets a "concussion" and can't wrestle at NWO. Then he is at Raw to wrestler Santino. yes i know it wasn't a long match, but if ADR suffered a real concussion do you really think they would have taken a chance letting him get in the ring. It'll be interesting to see if he gets shot right back into the title scene, or if he just floats around.

Well guys, that's it for this weeks edition of Uncooked. Let me know what you think of the new format, and as always, I look forward to all of your thoughts and opinions.

Submit "Uncooked: WWE/Raw Thoughts" to Digg Submit "Uncooked: WWE/Raw Thoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "Uncooked: WWE/Raw Thoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Uncooked: WWE/Raw Thoughts" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

DEL RIO IS BORING.THE ONLY ENTERTAINING THING HE DOES IS WHEN HE CALLS PEOPLE PEASENTS!
    I love Uncooked. I like the new format. Not sure if I like it more than the old, but perhaps in time.

"because while Lesnar can cut a promo, he can't cut a promo like Paulie"

I'm not sure I fully agree with this point. I felt Brock sounded like an illiterate. It's true that not many can promo like Paulie, I think Brock's getting a little too much credit here.

Other than that, great job as usual.
    You forgot one thing : The shit with Cena and the main event of raw.
    -Hmm I see this ain't really a review of Raw because you haven't talked about a lot of the other stuff that happened...
    -But you did say this ain't like Uncooked, so I like it...this is more of your thoughts of the current news...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyno535
    You forgot one thing : The shit with Cena and the main event of raw.
    Right. Because for me it wasn't a high or low point.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    -Hmm I see this ain't really a review of Raw because you haven't talked about a lot of the other stuff that happened...
    -But you did say this ain't like Uncooked, so I like it...this is more of your thoughts of the current news...
    yeah. The thing is, I was getting bored of writing the same review week in and week out, as for the most part, it was similar. I thought putting a twist to it would help, and it did. I enjoyed writing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I love Uncooked. I like the new format. Not sure if I like it more than the old, but perhaps in time.

"because while Lesnar can cut a promo, he can't cut a promo like Paulie"

I'm not sure I fully agree with this point. I felt Brock sounded like an illiterate. It's true that not many can promo like Paulie, I think Brock's getting a little too much credit here.

Other than that, great job as usual.
    Thanks bro! looking forward to Impact and your review!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.