View RSS Feed

knox

A WWE Movie?

Rate this Entry
liam_neeson_09.jpg

Hey guys Knox here hoping all is well. I wanted to talk about the possibilities of the WWE making a movie based on the WWE from the 80s to today. Just a pure film with actual actors that shows the mastermind of Vince and how his product got to where it is today.

Why a WWE movie would work?
It would be an opporunity for the WWE to draw some of the lost fans by making a big film. I'm talking a huge film. Now the movie doesn't need a freakishly huge cast. The movie only needs to cover some of the prime figures in wrestling.

Kayfabe Topics covered in the movie?
The Golden Era aka the 80s (Hogan, Savage, Warrior)
NWA (Flair, The Horsemen)
The Attitude Era
Cm Punk's Vegas Shoot
WCW Wars
Vince Buying WCW
The Next generation (Cena, Orton)
PG Era

Real Life Topics Covered in the Movie?
The Montreal Screwjob
Backstage Creative meetings
The Steroid Scandal Lawsuit in 94'
Hogan's attitude backstage
Vince Russo drama leaving the WWF for WCW
The Chris Benoit Story
Linda McMahon Campaign
Loss of Fans

Quick Preview to Movie
I want the movie to pretty much follow the path of Vince McMahon. I want him to be the main character. I want to see basically the behind the scenes stuff. Reactions to big time moments. I wanna see the Montreal Screwjob acted out from the moment Vince told HBK he was going to screw Hart. I want to see the aftermath of Bret going backstage and punching Vince.

I wanna see everything. I wanna see backstage feelings to Cena being the man. The Cm Punk thing. I wanna see meetings in which Vince is spazzing out the creative team and everything.

The Cast of Characters:
Liam Neeson - Vince McMahon
Channing Tatum - John Cena
Steve Martin - Ric Flair
Hugh Jackman - Chris Benoit
Susan Sarandon - Linda McMahon
Vin Diesel - The Rock
Sylvester Stallone - The Undertaker

Now ofcourse, we still gotta cast guys like Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Ted Turner, and other influential names like Mick Foley, Jim Ross and others. So far above is all I could come up with.

The Rating & Type:
The rating of this movie would be Rated R and the type of film it would be is a serious drama. I really want a close look to be taken and for fans to know some inside stuff.

The affect it would have:
This could be a huge uprising for the WWE. Its basically as if Vince is on his last leg with trying to create a formula that can please the older fans as well as the kids. I say they do this film and really work up a budget to finance it.

Who Would Produce the Movie?
Paramount Pictures or MGM films. Lets not make this a low budget WWE produced film. Lets do this the right way and break bread with the big boys that Rock works with on the regular basis. Lets make something special happen.

Reenacted Matches on the Movie I wanna see?
Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant - Wrestlemania 3
Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage - Wrestlemania 5
Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart - Wrestemania 12
Steve Austin vs Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 14
WCW vs WWF - Survivor Series 2001
Some Austin vs Rock matches
Some Cena vs Orton matches
The Rock vs John Cena

Conclusion:
Before I get the negative comments, this is dream booking. I know this will never happen. I know this was done back in 99' with the WWF but they're weren't any actors. I want this to be all actors. Liam Neeson looks just like Vince. Like I said before the movie has to focus on Vince McMahon. It has to focus on what was going through his mind from the 80s to today. It has to show the meetings in which he transition his product from the Golden Era, to the Attitude Era, to Ruthless Aggression and to the PG Era. It has to focus on him as the main characters and his relationships with guys like Hogan, Flair, Cena and others.

Hope you all enjoyed, thanks for reading. Please leave feedback. As always, its been a pleasure. Be safe guys. Until then.

Submit "A WWE Movie?" to Digg Submit "A WWE Movie?" to del.icio.us Submit "A WWE Movie?" to StumbleUpon Submit "A WWE Movie?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sylvester Stallone - The Undertaker

The Miz: "Really? Really?"
    they done a movie like this it's called "The Wrestler"
    I have been thinking about a WWE movie, but I feel it shouldn't be specifically about the WWE. What I mean by that is using a made up Company, have characters that resemble the key WWE figures and use some of the real life events we all know and love. I also feel that the Chris Benoit story is off limits and would actually serve as better CSI TV show story. The best story I think is the rise and fall of Sunny (Tammy Lynn Sytch). It would revolve around her relationship with Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Chris Candido, Vince McMahon and, of course, the fans. It would hit the major storylines we want to see like the Montreal Screwjob, the beginning of the Attitude Era, Shawn Michaels losing his smile, etc. But most importantly it shows us how women cope being in the WWE. I don't know but I would see love to see that. Glad to see I am not alone wanting to see a real film about the Wrestling Biz.
    @Rockstar83 there's a huge difference between "The Wrestler" and a movie about the WWE. The Wrestler basically was about a semi huge indie star, he wasn't in the big leagues on that movie.

And I specially said I want this movie to focus on Vince. I wanna see how he transitioned from new top guys, how he dealt with the departure of certain people. I wanna see everything.

@Hurlyfortnight, now that's quite an idea. Sunny was an influential female in the business. You could go many routes with that as well because this business has been rough on some females. Hell you could do a movie on Chyna as well.
    I dont see how they can put all of that footage into a film not to mention that I doubt they would make enough money on the film to support that cast.
    Oh and sly for undertaker? You do know sly is like 5'9'' right?
    Let's hope to God you are never put in charge of casting for ANY movie.
    Not your best work, but what do I know?
    The OP's movie would resemble nothing like The Wrestler. I believe he trying to pitch a insider's look into the biz, which hasn't been done since Ready to Rumble. Lol.

I agree that the topics you want to cover is way too broad. Narrow it down. Also, good god don't ever become a casting agent. Stallone is about 5' nothing. Here is one for you on the house, Tom Cruise is Shawn Michaels. Of course if I were to cast it, I would have no famous people in the movie.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.