View RSS Feed

Hurlyfortnight

WWE Dropping the Ball

Rate this Entry
I might be in the minority here, but Johnny Ace was one of the best things WWE had going right now. Yeah sure the Punk-Bryan feud is bringing us great matches every other night but the "crazy chick" storyline is absolutely terrible. The People Power movement was fantastic and should be remembered for more than just another power hungry boss trying to take control. John Laurinaitis might be the best GM since Eric Bischoff, definitely not another Mike Adamele.

When Johnny Ace came on the scene about a year ago, I was worried. I thought this guy couldn't talk, I thought he couldn't get the masses to loathe him. To me he just came off as another stale performer. Boy was I wrong. He immediately started using his catch phrase, "We wish you the best in your future endeavors." Then he applied a Vicky Guerrero type catch phrase by introducing himself everytime he came out. Just brilliant. People hated him, they wanted him gone and fast. But why?

And I ask that question seriously. Why did everyone hate him? He really hadn't done much wrong. He beat up Cena once. Half the crowd would gladly take that same opportunity. I guess Johnny Ace made fun of Teddy Long, but lets face it, Teddy Long is even worse on the mic and ,really, the freshest thing he had done since leaving the referee field was wearing that ridiculously large name-tag. I literally can't think of anything other "bad guy" acts by Johnny Ace. And that is the problem now for the WWE. They are not pushing any Heels. Not a single one.

Look at Daniel Bryan, the hottest property there is in the company. Where was he during the last five minutes of the PPV match against Punk and Kane? Look. He isn't there. If I worked at that company, Bryan would have walked out champ last night. Why? Because it keeps things fresh. That makes me want to see CM Punk beat him at the next PPV to win it back. But that didn't happen. And now the WWE have a mess on their hands. Now they either have to drop the Punk-Bryan feud and start with Punk-Kane-AJ or just drop AJ and Kane from the title picture. And that would mean for the third straight PPV we get Punk-Bryan. I have no problem with that except that is a Wrestlemania caliber match and they are killing it faster than a bad joke. But there is no one else in the Heel picture that could enter to take Bryan's place.

Maybe this why WWE is bringing back the Chris Jerichos and the Brock Lesnars, they have no one else in the wings. And now they just got rid of maybe the best Heel they've had since Mr. McMahon. If, after Summerslam, Antonio Ceasro, Damien Sandow or Dean Ambrose dont get a push, we might be looking at a year long Punk-Bryan feud that has Punk winning everytime. WWE needs to stop with the Ryback stuff, especially since it seems no one on the roster wants to wrestle him, and get with its new cream of the crop Heel talents. Or give us the Johnny Ace swerve I want to see.

I would love to see next week's Raw begin with Vince McMahon coming out to address the whole Brock Lesnar Lawsuit. He invites Triple H out. Basically he starts reprimanding his son-in-law for attacking Paul Heyman. Then People Power Music hits. McMahon and H are in shock as Johnny Ace comes out in a new Rascal. Johnny explains to McMahon that he can thank Hunter for allowing Johnny Ace to come back. See, the Broad was watching last week when Hunter decked Heyman and they are scarred of the Lesnar's legal actions, so that is why they decided to give Day-to-Day operations to someone that has a good track record. Someone the Lesnar camp trusts. Someone who doesn't let his emotions get in the way. They have rehired John Laurinaitis.

Do that and you get the highest ratings you've had in a while. Also do that without Triple H talking once, he is much better silent.

Submit "WWE Dropping the Ball" to Digg Submit "WWE Dropping the Ball" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Dropping the Ball" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Dropping the Ball" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In my opinion, the WWE is doing great right now. While things might not be the best for it or at its best yet, were still given awesome matches on a weekly bases. I agree with everyone 100% that most of "Big Johnny's" heat wasn't of the many heel acts he performed( firing Show, costing Punk many matches, the acts in the name of "People Power!", etc.), but due to the actual dislike of Johnny ace who wasn't very appealing and didn't get over easy as a heel GM. If you ask me, I am completely positive that this is not the last time that we see John Laurinaitis. This is time for the WWE to go in new directions with the GM spot for awhile. They could easily have a former GM (3:16) appear for a night similar to how Mick Foley was GM for the last RAW. They could also run with the Anonymous GM gimmick, this time maybe reviling to be someone we all know and love. Any way the WWE wants to move from here gives time to re-tune the "People Power Champion" into to something of higher caliber.

I read the first line and realized that we were in for a treat with this blog. And I mean that with every level of sarcasm you can imagine. Can you seriously put Johnny Ace, in his few short months at GM, on such a high level that you're considering WWE "dropping the ball" with his dismissal? With all the other issues WWE is going thru, you seriously picked John Laurinaitis as one of the top focal points of this?

Now you did make a good point about WWE bringing back all of last decade's stars to carry the load, because they fail at creating anyone good. However you say that Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow and Dean Ambrose need a push and that just kills the rest of this blog. What in the world do those three need a push for? By your logic, we should just forget about everyone else who's been around for how many years and deserve a push, just because these three hacks are here. It don't work that way. Alberto Del Rio is the only one I know of that gets a push based on NOTHING, and keeps that push forever. Don't hold your breath for Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro. Your face will be very blue and purple before you seem them have any sort of relevance.

Sorry to be so critical. Just my opinion that is clearly opposite yours.
    What is a heel general manager supposed to get? HEAT. And what did johnny ace get for his shitty mic skills? HEAT. This guy made me wanna break something, i just hated him. Case and point: HE WAS GOOD.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.