View RSS Feed

Callum

Should Cena become a Tweener...

Rate this Entry
Before I start, im not a Cena hater. I enjoyed his matches vs The Rock and Brock Lesnar and his promos on the Rock were very entertaining. In this blog I'll be looking at why the IWC hate Cena (the character not the person) and what should be done about it.

Promo
Cena's promos are very one dimensional. As a face its much harder to cut a promo, Cena takes the easy way out (imo) - he praises the fans, the city, im going to rise above this etc. Its very boring for the viewers as they've seen it before. I'm not saying Cena can't cut a good promo: as a heel I found him funny and as a face he has cut some good promos e.g. Vs The Rock

Matches
Cena's matches are very predictable. He has a limited moveset and always wins. To everyone's suprise The Rock beat him clean. It was thought that we'd see a new side of Cena. Then he was beat down by Brock Lesnar but won. He had a pointless match vs John Laurinaitis and lost in what was the most predictable ending in a long time. He then was beat down by The Big Show, but won. Cena has become notoriously well known for the 5 moves of doom. After seeing these moves so many times they've become incredibly boring. In my opinion, he should create a new comeback and freshen up his moveset in general. Get rid of the Attitude Adjustment and replace it with something which actually looks like it hurts. Get rid of that legdrop from the top rope 5 knuckle shuffle is ridiculous. Maybe start doing a diving fist drop as a signature (it doesn't take as long), some neck breakers, samoan drop anything that will make his moveset unique and interesting. He has no excuse for his moveset, Kane's 7ft and he has a great moveset.

Feuds
This part is not Cena's fault. The last 5 feuds he's been in have all pretty much revolved around the same thing. Cena being the top guy.

His last 5 feuds (excluding vs The Rock) were:

Big Show - Show's upset he was never face of the company

Brock Lesnar - If Lesnar hadn't left Wwe then Cena wouldn't be the top guy he'd be carrying Lesnar's bags.

Kane - Feud revolved around Cena's catchphrases. 'Rise above hate' and 'Hustle, Loyalty and Respect'. He has to have these because he's the top guy.

CM Punk - 'I hate this idea that your the best'

R-Truth - 'You're nothing but a propaganda tool designed to make these people feel good'

Is time off needed?
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I could go on but that would get tiresome. In my opinion there are plenty of people who can promote Wwe as well as Cena collectively. The Miz, Sheamus, Christian, Cm Punk, Kane and in particular Dolph Ziggler (who will be a main event face soon - the lets go Ziggler chants prove it) are all great at promoting the Wwe.

Have him return at the Royal Rumble as a tweener. A serious Cena who wants his Wwe Championship back and is willing to do anything to get it. From here you can set up a number of Wrestlemania matches including:

1. Wwe Championship - Rock vs Cena sequel

2. Cena vs Brock sequel - Cena wants revenge and vows to put up more of a fight

3. Wwe Championship - Rock vs Brock vs Cena

4. Vs Undertaker - in an attempt to get a Wwe Championship shot Cena takes out Taker when Taker makes a suprise appearance. Taker cost Cena the championship setting up a Mania match.

Tweener Attire
First of all get rid of the Hat and T-shirts and come up with some new catchphrases. He can keep the shorts but change the colour of them to black to represent a more serious Cena.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to the comments below!

Remember to keep a look out for UFR 3 later this week!

Submit "Should Cena become a Tweener..." to Digg Submit "Should Cena become a Tweener..." to del.icio.us Submit "Should Cena become a Tweener..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Should Cena become a Tweener..." to Google

Updated 06-19-2012 at 10:01 AM by Callum

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree with some but new comeback and new finisher is dumb, would you like if Stone cold just stopped using the Stunner? But yes he needs to take time off.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHunter
    Everyone in IWC says he can't wrestle, well i say check out his matches from OVW or even his debut match on Smackdown against one of the best wrestlers to ever step in to the ring. Mister Gold Medal himself Kurt Angle. But then again most of the IWC is too freakin young to remember or just does not care. I say do your reseach before saying someone can't wrestle.

Cena 10 years ago could wrestle but your argument is invalid cuz today is 2012 and john cena can NOT wrestle, people who say he can don't know what wrestling is, that's not mo it's fact.
    change that finisher to something with some pow! to it. that fireman carry slam has sucked for sooooo long. its whats killing the wwe and tna. because if wwe aint hot nobody else is. give him like a driverer or suplex something different
    I think should stay how he currently is. That's what makes his character draw. Changing him as a tweener wouldn't change anything since hes already getting mixed reactions. Keep him as a babyface and have CM Punk be the anti-hero.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.