View RSS Feed

Another_Big_Guy

The Title Says It All...

Rate this Entry
Well hello again all. This be my second blog on here now, my first being "Digital Era Killed The Pay Per View Star. Since writing that one I have been thinking about what bugs about wrestling today and one thing that was constant in my thoughts were title belts and how disrespected and devalued they have been these last few years.

Mt first point is probably something everyone else gets annoyed with is the fact that the WWE Ttitle and the World Heavyweight title are now pretty much just second rate thanks to crappy booking mainly. This is pretty much evident in the fact that the world heavyweight title is booked at the start and middle of ppv's these days, thats just utter bulls@$t really, its the second biggest strap in wwe and thats how its treated. I don't even recall the last time I seen a great feud over the strap that was the main story on smackdown and actually made us care but no we keep "I want that belt for no reason" storylines.

Next is the WWE title. This belt should be front and centre of the every RAW and every ppv. I remember the days when this belt was the be all and end all of everything, where good feuds and matches carried and it was the star attraction of every ppv but not anymore. Now it gets second fiddle to a cena feud that for some reason is more important than anything in wwe, it shouldnt be that way and Over The Limit proved it. I respect cena and sure he may be a nice guy in real life but for f@$k sake no one man should be bigger than the main title, it make it look worthless and I fear its prestige, like the world heavyweight belt is almost beyond recovery. The fact that the likes of cena, orton etc have helf it the amount of times they since being in wwe is disgraceful. Like one person said, cant remember who "it seems a clean win over cena is bigger than winning the royal rumble and/or major title".

Same goes for the lesser belts. I remember it was a big deal to hold the IC, US, Women's (refuse to call it diva's) and tag belts but now they are shafted for dumb s@#t comedy storylines and storylines that no one wants, just more reasons I find it difficult to watch nowadays.

While I think TNA do some completely retarded things but it seems they are finally giving value and credibility to their belts. Example is robert roode as the main guy. I don't remember the last time I got behind a massive title reign like this one, so glad they didnt throw it on sting again. The title too is getting attention too though I much prefer someone younger than devon to hold it, hell give joe a run with it. AA as x-division is sweet but that division needs serious bloody work, same as their tag belts and the knockouts to a lesser extent but I do enjoy them better than the diva's.

I just wish that both tna and wwe, mainly wwe. would recognise the importance of their belts and give their prestige back, who knows people might start giving a crap once again.

Anyway I will stop it at that, went longer than I expected but still I hope you all agree with me, I will take criticism too thats no problem. By the way I will continue to make these blogs but I dunno if i will give them a clever name I dunno. Thanks for reading all.

Cheers

Submit "The Title Says It All..." to Digg Submit "The Title Says It All..." to del.icio.us Submit "The Title Says It All..." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Title Says It All..." to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It is an entertainment show now you watch to be entertained, lots of the internet are entertained by great wrestling matches not by storylines as much, but in the end the majority of veiwers are guys who do not know a thing at all about what a great match is they watch it to be entertained by the storylines and the characters. Cena is main eventing because he is the biggest draw to the biggest section of viewers, guys, girls and kids who watch it because they like the stories and the characters not the same guys who watch ROH or go to indy shows. The IWC should be happy we have bryan and punk to great wrestlers feuding over the WWE title who cares if its not the mainevent its on the card, I think WWE has come along way in taking guys who can wrestle and making them maineventers not even five years ago the bigshow cena match would have been for the WWE title and punk bryan would be feuding over the US or something. WWE is doing a good enough job of keeping all types of fans happy while making a profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyno535
    Sure Cena attracts the most money and MAYBE he should be on the main event. But the facts tells another story. If Cena attracts money why in the blue hell are they having so boring matches with him? The only match from those 11 main events 2 of them i think are the only good matches (MITB and WM). Yeah they dont care about the wrestling thing but thats why we complain. We complain about a guy who cant wrestle thats taking the main event spot from guys who really can wrestle. And then you say that the writers have given us what we want, yeah right. We want a Johnny vs Cena match, we want one of the most boring steel cage matches in history in the main event. We want a 10th win title reign from Cena which lasted for 14 days. Yeah the writing staff are better than the TNA writers or not. I just want 5 good storylines for every PPV with 5 good matches with wrestlers.
    Boring to who? Remember your opinion on the match is YOUR opinion...most kids love it, LOVE it. The comic book hero ending, kids love it.
    [QUOTE=akbar;bt63261]Boring to who? Remember your opinion on the match is YOUR opinion...most kids love it, LOVE it. The comic book hero ending, kids love it.[/QUOTE]

Boring to who?? lol to everyone its just kids and girls that are his fans thats it but not every kid or girls are Cena fans why is it on facebook Cena has hate pages which have over 10,000 likes oh and his facebook page having over 10 million is bullshit cuz I know theres millions who liked his page just to talk shit. Just to let u know people and entertainers will always respect Cena as a nice hard working guy but wrestling fans and wrestlers will know Cena will never be respected as a wrestling entertainer nuff said cuz ive cena nuff
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendsMadeWrestling
    Boring to who?? lol to everyone its just kids and girls that are his fans thats it but not every kid or girls are Cena fans why is it on facebook Cena has hate pages which have over 10,000 likes oh and his facebook page having over 10 million is bullshit cuz I know theres millions who liked his page just to talk shit. Just to let u know people and entertainers will always respect Cena as a nice hard working guy but wrestling fans and wrestlers will know Cena will never be respected as a wrestling entertainer nuff said cuz ive cena nuff
    So your telling me Cena doesn't have the biggest following in WWE right now? Why you talking respect or whatever, I get he don't te that. But he makes the most money, that's just a fact, WWE is business and it'll first do what t does to make money. If you don't see that then you're plain stupid. Simple
    Once upon a time it never had to worry about losing money because they were the hottest thing around. Most of their money was made through ppv's and merchandise was an afterthought. But now wwe mainly are only making money through merchandise and failed movie productions. When they are relying on a failed venture and merchandise they should be pretty worried. Everyone says cena is the biggets merchandise seller in the company, so where are the stats to prove this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Another_Big_Guy
    Once upon a time it never had to worry about losing money because they were the hottest thing around. Most of their money was made through ppv's and merchandise was an afterthought. But now wwe mainly are only making money through merchandise and failed movie productions. When they are relying on a failed venture and merchandise they should be pretty worried. Everyone says cena is the biggets merchandise seller in the company, so where are the stats to prove this?
    Its so crazy you asked this. Just do a little google search and you'll find out...last time I must have read that John Cena was worth 150 mil to the E.
    No Way Out pretty much proved my point...the wwe title match should have been last because that was ten times better than the clusterf@#k of a main event, bloody horrible that was. And they wonder why people tune out...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.