View RSS Feed

Another_Big_Guy

The Title Says It All...

Rate this Entry
Well hello again all. This be my second blog on here now, my first being "Digital Era Killed The Pay Per View Star. Since writing that one I have been thinking about what bugs about wrestling today and one thing that was constant in my thoughts were title belts and how disrespected and devalued they have been these last few years.

Mt first point is probably something everyone else gets annoyed with is the fact that the WWE Ttitle and the World Heavyweight title are now pretty much just second rate thanks to crappy booking mainly. This is pretty much evident in the fact that the world heavyweight title is booked at the start and middle of ppv's these days, thats just utter bulls@$t really, its the second biggest strap in wwe and thats how its treated. I don't even recall the last time I seen a great feud over the strap that was the main story on smackdown and actually made us care but no we keep "I want that belt for no reason" storylines.

Next is the WWE title. This belt should be front and centre of the every RAW and every ppv. I remember the days when this belt was the be all and end all of everything, where good feuds and matches carried and it was the star attraction of every ppv but not anymore. Now it gets second fiddle to a cena feud that for some reason is more important than anything in wwe, it shouldnt be that way and Over The Limit proved it. I respect cena and sure he may be a nice guy in real life but for f@$k sake no one man should be bigger than the main title, it make it look worthless and I fear its prestige, like the world heavyweight belt is almost beyond recovery. The fact that the likes of cena, orton etc have helf it the amount of times they since being in wwe is disgraceful. Like one person said, cant remember who "it seems a clean win over cena is bigger than winning the royal rumble and/or major title".

Same goes for the lesser belts. I remember it was a big deal to hold the IC, US, Women's (refuse to call it diva's) and tag belts but now they are shafted for dumb s@#t comedy storylines and storylines that no one wants, just more reasons I find it difficult to watch nowadays.

While I think TNA do some completely retarded things but it seems they are finally giving value and credibility to their belts. Example is robert roode as the main guy. I don't remember the last time I got behind a massive title reign like this one, so glad they didnt throw it on sting again. The title too is getting attention too though I much prefer someone younger than devon to hold it, hell give joe a run with it. AA as x-division is sweet but that division needs serious bloody work, same as their tag belts and the knockouts to a lesser extent but I do enjoy them better than the diva's.

I just wish that both tna and wwe, mainly wwe. would recognise the importance of their belts and give their prestige back, who knows people might start giving a crap once again.

Anyway I will stop it at that, went longer than I expected but still I hope you all agree with me, I will take criticism too thats no problem. By the way I will continue to make these blogs but I dunno if i will give them a clever name I dunno. Thanks for reading all.

Cheers

Submit "The Title Says It All..." to Digg Submit "The Title Says It All..." to del.icio.us Submit "The Title Says It All..." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Title Says It All..." to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nailed it. That is what sucks most about wwe these days, the constant devaluing of belts and the constant nobody-gives-a-fuck main event feuds involving cena. Right now TNA is better than wwe regardless of not being more publicized, at least dixie said: we are a wrestling company and we are proud of the word. I hope their business booms and takes down worst wrestling entertainment
    Back in the day the wwe title meant that your the best in the company, now you have the wwe title & heavyweight title that mean your the best.........So who's the best?
    wwe need to get rid of the HW title and put the wwe title back in the lime light so when you win the title it means somthing, good blog.
    look at ROH and take notes WWE. They manage to make all their titles mean something. I mean look at who is holding the titles now... World Title (Kevin Steen) Currently fueding with american wolf davey richards... (Former title holders: Eddie Edwards, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, Roderick Strong, Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, Punk... These guys can go. You won't find a John Cena on this list) TV Title (Roderick Strong...former world champion) Currently fueding with Jay Lethal and Ciampa (Former Title holders: Jay Lethal, El Generico, Christopher Daniels, Eddie Edwards... Once again these guys can go! Won't find a santino Marella on this list) And then you have the tag titles (Benjamin and Hass) Currently fueding with All night express...(Former Title holders: Kings of Wrestling, American Wolves, Briscoes, Generico/Steen, Age of the fall... Once again these guys can go! Won't find santino and Kozlov or Otunga and Mcgillicutty on this list... I wish the WWE would hire cornette back. He may be hard to deal with and a jerk with a loud mouth at times but, man he knows how to book.
    Updated 06-18-2012 at 12:26 PM by dub
    I found some interesting facts on Wikipedia. I checked the last years ppvs (From June 2011-June 2012) and found out that on the 14 ppvs there was only 6 of them who had a main event match for the WWE title or World Heavyweight Title. On 14 ppvs John Cena main evented 11 of them.
    I wanted to compare these numbers to the Attitude era because we guys always want to compare this era with the current era.

So i found out that from June 2000 to June 2001 there was 14 ppvs (not including rebellion). On these 14 ppvs The Rock main evented 8 of them and on these 14 ppvs the WWE title was on the main event on 12 out 14 ppvs, thats fact. So here we see that WWE suck on the writing and the creativity. This means that WWE are treating the WWE title or World Heavyweight title with respect and love to have Cena on every Main event. Its sad because Cena SUCKS on wrestling and is not better than any of the other guys on the card. But the worst thing is that the Writers are awful and should be fired from their job.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyno535
    I found some interesting facts on Wikipedia. I checked the last years ppvs (From June 2011-June 2012) and found out that on the 14 ppvs there was only 6 of them who had a main event match for the WWE title or World Heavyweight Title. On 14 ppvs John Cena main evented 11 of them.
    I wanted to compare these numbers to the Attitude era because we guys always want to compare this era with the current era.

So i found out that from June 2000 to June 2001 there was 14 ppvs (not including rebellion). On these 14 ppvs The Rock main evented 8 of them and on these 14 ppvs the WWE title was on the main event on 12 out 14 ppvs, thats fact. So here we see that WWE suck on the writing and the creativity. This means that WWE are treating the WWE title or World Heavyweight title with respect and love to have Cena on every Main event. Its sad because Cena SUCKS on wrestling and is not better than any of the other guys on the card. But the worst thing is that the Writers are awful and should be fired from their job.
    wow never thought it was that bad, you know wwe is a failing company when
    Cena attracts the most money so he is the main event, If Cena has the belt then we complain like lil bitches cos his had the title too many times. Punk is champion for us real fans to be happy, so the writers have given us that yet we are still complaining because of some dumb reason that the title isn't the main event. Cena has to be main event or else WWE won't make much money. So what if Zieglar/Sheamus is the first match, just be happy there are new faces in the title scene and not Ortan again.
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    Cena attracts the most money so he is the main event, If Cena has the belt then we complain like lil bitches cos his had the title too many times. Punk is champion for us real fans to be happy, so the writers have given us that yet we are still complaining because of some dumb reason that the title isn't the main event. Cena has to be main event or else WWE won't make much money. So what if Zieglar/Sheamus is the first match, just be happy there are new faces in the title scene and not Ortan again.
    Sure Cena attracts the most money and MAYBE he should be on the main event. But the facts tells another story. If Cena attracts money why in the blue hell are they having so boring matches with him? The only match from those 11 main events 2 of them i think are the only good matches (MITB and WM). Yeah they dont care about the wrestling thing but thats why we complain. We complain about a guy who cant wrestle thats taking the main event spot from guys who really can wrestle. And then you say that the writers have given us what we want, yeah right. We want a Johnny vs Cena match, we want one of the most boring steel cage matches in history in the main event. We want a 10th win title reign from Cena which lasted for 14 days. Yeah the writing staff are better than the TNA writers or not. I just want 5 good storylines for every PPV with 5 good matches with wrestlers.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.