View RSS Feed

Brendan

TNA Impact 6/14/12 Review

Rate this Entry
iMPACT-Wrestling.jpg

X Division Title Match

This was a three way Ultimate X Match that saw Austin Aries defending his title against Zema Ion and Chris Sabin. Sounds good on paper right? Well surprisingly and unfortunately that didn't translate into real life success because this match was an absolute mess.

Some of that COULD be attributed to an apparent injury suffered by Sabin, but even before and after that the match was sloppy, the timing was off, and at times it looked like all three men had no idea what they were going to do next.

Zema Ion especially looked lost throughout the match and at one point was on the top rope for a considerable amount of time doing absolutely nothing, but again Sabin's injury probably had a lot to do with that.

Austin Aries & Hulk Hogan Segment

I liked this segment because Hogan really put Austin Aries over and also because it looks like Aries is getting the next World Title shot at Destination X as long as he relinquishes the X Division title by next weeks Impact.

The only thing I'm unhappy about is the state of the X Division because its in shambles right now and is going to be pretty much dead once Austin Aries is gone.

TV Championship Match

Seeing Hernandez dive over the top rope is always awesome and this time he did it while Devon was still making his entrance. Unfortunately that was the only thing I liked about this match.

I find Devon extremely boring in the ring as a singles wrestler and this time was no different as he and Hernandez just didn't click.

I'm also confused as to what is going on with Hernandez because at Slammiversary he worked as a Babyface, but tonight on Impact he worked as a Heel.

12-Man Gauntlet Battle Royal

The opening match in this years Bound For Glory Series is a Gauntlet Battle Royal featuring Eleven out of the Twelve participants, which Includes AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Magnus, Bully Ray, Kurt Angle, unfortunately Robbie E, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, a returning D'Angelo Dinero, and of course the eventual winner of the the Battle Royal James Storm.

All in all this was a great match and an awesome way to start the BFGS. I just hope everyone is ready for a predictable next couple months of TNA because its obvious that they're setting up James Storm to win the tournament and for Bobby Roode to keep the World Title all the way to BFG so he and Storm can have their rematch.

I'm not complaining about that though because that is what I want to happen and to me I don't think there is any other way to go.

World Heavyweight Championship Match

I don't think anyone was expecting anything else other than Bobby Roode retaining his Championship against Mr. Anderson, but the two wrestlers still had a good World Title match.

I really liked that Bobby Roode won the match cleanly and by submission none the less. It makes Roode look like a legitimate champion and also draws some heat in a different way because most people hate someone who is arrogant and a jerk, but can back it up.

Sting Segment

I'm not going to lie, I want to complain about this going on last, but alas I won't.

This was short and I need to see where this is going before I decide if it was also sweet. I'm not sure what to make of the masked men, but two out of the three looked to not be in very good shape and the third didn't look very good ether.

There are reports that TNA may be starting an invasion storyline with the Mexican Wrestling Promotion Asistencia AsesorÃ*a y Administración (AAA) but it remains to be seen if this was the start of it.

Its worth noting for those of you who don't know that AAA and TNA have had a working relationship for years. Jeff Jarret is also currently working there.

Closing Thoughts

To be honest, I don't think Impact was very good tonight other than the Battle Royal, World Title Match, and tentatively the masked men attacking Sting.

Impact Rating: 2.5/5

Submit "TNA Impact 6/14/12 Review" to Digg Submit "TNA Impact 6/14/12 Review" to del.icio.us Submit "TNA Impact 6/14/12 Review" to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA Impact 6/14/12 Review" to Google

Updated 06-14-2012 at 11:56 PM by Brendan

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

I think you did a great job articulating your point. Regardless of the fact that I disagree with about 85% of what you say. Great job writing the blog. Hope you continue to write your blogs. A long story short I think you make some valid points, but all in all a long story short. I think you were a little harsh with the rating.
    I think you did a great job articulating your point. Regardless of the fact that I disagree with about 85% of what you say. Great job writing the blog. Hope you continue to write your blogs. A long story short I think you make some valid points, but all in all a long story short. I think you were a little harsh with the rating.
    Are you serious bro??????? Impact is starting to rock. Open fight night, Gut check and going live every week is working for them. As soon as Impact went off the air i was wishing that there would be spoilers for next weeks show, I can only speak for myself here but i personally cannot wait for next weeks Impact and that is all in all due to the talents, great story lines and bookers all doing a good job. I can really see a difference with there story lines since Russo departed lets hope this continues.
    2.5? wow I thought it was like a 4.0 or even 4.5. If Chris Sabin doesn't get hurt that is a much better match, Devon/Hernandez wasn't bad and I was really into the Battle Royal. I personally think Impact has been better than Raw lately.
    I thought last week's Impact was pretty average. Nothing spectacular happened but it still had quality wrestling.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.