View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

The Abdominal Stretch: Now Way Out is Next

Rate this Entry
Hey Wrestling Fans from everywhere, and wherever. The Saviour here with another edition of The Abdominal Stretch. There’s quite a few hot topics going on and I’ll also throw in a mini Raw review. So, settle in and enjoy the ride.

Without further adieu…

WWE’S Depleted Roster

It’s been too long since someone has gotten a chance to really step up. So many potentials who have been ready to jump into the lime light have been held back by the likes of Brock Lesnar and The Rock. As much as I would much rather see them just bow out into the sunset and let’s move in life, unfortunately, when the big spotlights like Summer Slam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania come around, those hopefuls will scurry to the back seat again. But now the picture has changed a bit. Randy Orton and Chris Jericho are suspended. And now, Alberto Del Rio, the undeserving World Title Contender is injured. Now’s the time. Which brings me to…

World Title Match at No Way Out

There’s a lot of speculation as to who will face Sheamus. As things turned out, it was a cake walk set up for Ol Dolph…much to the joy of a lot of people reading this, but obviously, to the chagrin of yours truly. I was hoping all thru this match, even though I knew it wouldn’t happen, that someone other than Dolph would have won, just to piss all you Zigglites off. It was interesting though, I did hear like 10 of 15 people chanting let’s go Ziggler during the match. Congratulations to Dolph Ziggler. And I am very happy that it’s Dolph and not Alberto Del Rio. I feel it will be a much much better match with him involved. He won’t win though. That’s a given.

Ric Flair’s Return and Role

Okay, there’s speculation that Ric Flair will be the new GM. That would be good. There’s also speculation that they will have him manage Dolph Ziggler. BAD IDEA. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD. And I only say that because it’s the same argument I’ve been saying for over a year about Ziggles. He can’t stand on his own. And if they pair Ric Flair up with him, then you’ll have another situation where Flair is speaking on his behalf, drawing all the heel heat for him, rendering Dolph as the same waste of talent he’s been. Keep Flair away. Let Dolph stand on his own for a little bit and let’s see what this guy can do.

Raw’s Upcoming 1000th Episode

I’m really enjoying the blogs that are being posted about the episode. There are some really creative ideas on how to book it. So, I’m not going to do that. But I always wondered, what is considered an episodic television show. We always hear Michael Cole talking about it. So what is the difference between Raw and say, Saturday Night Live, which has been airing weekly since the 70’s. Or Sports Center on ESPN which has been airing since 1988. Also, does WWE count Monday Night Prime Time wrestling prior to their conversion over to Monday Night Raw? Just wondering.

Who Should Come Back for the Episode, and Why?

There’s talk about a DX Reunion. That would be cool, if it was an all DX reunion. That means X Pac, Bad Ass Billy Gunn, and Road Dogg along with HHH and HBK. And please, for the love of all that is sacred, don’t bleep out Road Dogg’s entrance the way they did at the Slammy’s. The New Age Outlaws' music is legendary and should not be messed with.

JR should do the commentary, the whole night. Please.

I hope they bring back Bret Hart and Stone Cold for a segment. Not that they have to fight, but a segment. Remember, Raw’s hay day was the attitude era, which really began with the ever popular double turn.

It is the 1000th episode, therefore it should be a celebration. I’m not overly concerned with the matches for this episode. And since every Raw will be three hours moving forward, I don’t care what they do to push whatever feud is going on at the time. I’d like this Raw to not just be nostalgic, but also have some epic face offs and show downs between wrestlers from then and now. The feuds that we wished we could see. Something like Bret Hart cutting a promo, and Daniel Bryan interrupts. Or even better, Stone Cold is cutting a promo, and DB interrupts and we get a “What” vs “Yes” thing going on. I will be really disappointed if it turns out to be just like the other Throw Back episodes, with old timers just chilling in the back and making cameos all over the place. This HAS to be epic.

Is Linda McMahon’s Campaign Affecting WWE’s Product

A lot of reports recently are claiming that, in light of Linda’s Senate Campaign, many things that would usually happen, won’t be happening. Things such as, no roster cut downs, the family-oriented PGesque product, and certain campaigns such as Make-A-Wish and Anti-Bullying. Not that the latter are terrible things, but this is professional wrestling. The content is supposed to be violent. I don’t think there’s room for PG in this environment. And the roster cut downs. Well, I can understand that if Linda McMahon is campaigning about job creation, it doesn’t look good that her company is releasing wrestlers. The result, over crowded roster and more than half of them really have nothing to do.

Should There Be An End to House Shows?

Okay. There are a few conclusions we can come to as pertains to House Shows or Live Events. First, they draw next to no crowd. Second, nothing of major importance will ever happen. And finally, it’s obvious the tough road and ridiculous travel schedule is wearing down these guys. I understand it’s pretty much pocket money and a chance to perform in venues that normally wouldn’t get events, but they should really stick to the televised shows and PPV’s…Give these guys a break.

Raw Report: Three Hour Special, and Mr McMahon Returns

Vince McMahon is totally awesome. Can I really say anything else? It would have been better if he didn’t make fun of JR, but everything else was pure McMahon gold. Definitely wasn't expecting that ending though.

Sheamus and Tensai was a pretty good match. A very good match actually. But…how much do we have to hear about how Tensai dominated Japan? Who gives a crap. He sucked as Albert, sucked as A-Train, and he sucks now. I was happy to see Sheamus win and it’s good that Albert is dropping to the top guys.

Little Jimmy has got to go. It’s as bad as “Yes”. However, “Once you go Bryan, there’s no point in Tryin’” That was very funny. And by the way, I’m still very much in Love with AJ. She is completely out there. She straight made out with Kane. She’s sick, she’s sinister, and she’s freakin hot.

I’ve had it with the Ryback squashes. And the Goldberg chants suck too. He’s not Goldberg, I wish everyone would stop. Please give him a real opponent. Next thing you know, WWE will start counting his undefeated streak and adding 11 matches to the count each week, the way WCW did with Goldberg.

Kofi and Show in a cage. Ridiculous. But at least they’re pushing Show to what he should be, and should have been all along. Just a monster, and destroyer. Kofi is great in the ring and I thoroughly enjoy watching his matches.

It’s a shame for Sin Cara. Boy, nobody cares about him…AT ALL. He’s less popular than Drew Mcintyre. LOL. But, It’s Time…It’s Time…It’s VADER TIME! He’s still a beast. I’ve never not liked Vader…ever. Isn’t his music and Ryback’s music somewhat similar?

Well, I hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of The Abdominal Stretch. Be sure to check out Sudden Impact later this week.

Thanks for reading, and be safe.

Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Now Way Out is Next" to Digg Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Now Way Out is Next" to del.icio.us Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Now Way Out is Next" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Now Way Out is Next" to Google

Comments

My guess with Sportscenter is because that is a daily show. Also, with SNL, I'm not too sure because I don't watch it much, but I'm pretty sure it is a seasonal thing. Could be wrong, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Resh
    My guess with Sportscenter is because that is a daily show. Also, with SNL, I'm not too sure because I don't watch it much, but I'm pretty sure it is a seasonal thing. Could be wrong, though.
    That makes sense.
    The point you made about house shows is kinda wrong. The whole point of them is about the wrestling itself. No promos, no bullshit, just wrestling. Companys use them to warm up rusty wrestlers if the wrestlers have taken a lot of time off. The small crowds are so people who cant afford a close Raw ticket can go see a house show up close. I mean if you ask me, i saw a TNA house show that was 3 times better than this weeks Raw. If there is just ONE thing that i think is wrong about house shows (and you can even throw in the dark matches that happen after Raw) is the fact that they can spoil you, for example the stuff about Johnny becoming the assistant. But this is all my opinion, i do respect your view of it.

ALTHOUGH: the part about the tough road schedule is completely 100% true. maybe they should limit the amount of house shows that they do. Its amazing how much these guys' lives get impacted with being on the road 300+ days a year.
    -Love the title of this blog...
    -Enjoyed reading this, you covered more points than you usually do...
    @alcrissam. You're probably right. And I agree that maybe they should limit the amount they do. And they do spoil things in a way, because they sort of test out upcoming feuds.

@akbar. Yes, this week's edition did run a little long. I wrote it over the course of two days and didn't realize at first just how long it was getting. Thanks for hanging in there with it.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.