View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Top 10 heels of all-time!!

Rating: 8 votes, 2.00 average.
I did the best on the mic both now and all-time. I decided to take it a step farther by acknowledging the best heels of all-time. Who makes the top 10 cut?

1.Iron Shiek-A heel that spits in the face of America and what it stands for. During the 80s, they certainly took it personal. I was considering having Sgt.Slaughter share this slot with Shiek because it was the same gimmick, but I decided against it.
2.Vince McMahon-After that screwjob at the 97 Survivor Series along with the promo Bret screwed Bret claiming he had no sympathy for him. That nailed it in the coffin making him one of the top heels in the company. Vince/Austin rivalry to me is the best rivalry of all-time. Wanting to see Vince get his buttkicked to me is the one of the main reasons why WWE got back in the Monday Night War and eventually defeated WCW.
3.Hollywood Hogan-Turning on his old friends and joining the NWO was of course one of the main reasons why WCW did beat WWE in the ratings 80+ weeks straight. Claiming he only cared about the money and lieing to his fans is what really propelled the heat. Throwing garbage at him after turning on WCW. Spraying letters of NWO not only on his defeated opponents, but on the World title. NWO ended up having tons of members that it felt like WCW had very little. NWO outnumbering and beating up WCW guys week after week.
4.HHH-I never really did like HHH and I don't now. He was never a good face, but he was a great heel. Best time for HHH as a face was in 98 leading DX vs the Nation. I know some people believe Rock's best rivalry was with Austin, but I believe his best rivalry was with HHH during the McMahon/Helmsley era. HHH had tons of great fueds with Mick and Rock. He seemed to always beat the guys who you wanted to win whether it be RVD, Mick, Rock, Austin, and whoever else. Like who rooted for HHH over the Rock during the days of 2000? I certainly wasn't. Using sledgehammer, boss's daughter, and DX/Evolution members to retain his championships.
5.Kane-I debated 3-5 on the listing. During his 2003 run when he took his mask off. He scared the crap out of me. LOL! Setting JR on fire, getting up no matter who hit him with their best moves, sitting up after limo into an 18 wheeler and attacking the doctors in the process, Tombstone Linda McMahon and frying Shane's area. That was all in the matter of like a month or 2.
6.Roddy Piper-probably should be higher on the list, but I have him here. One of the many reasons I don't like Hogan is because he believes others like Piper didn't help make the success of Wrestlemania. He believes only him and Vince. I believe Piper was a huge part of the reason why the first few Manias were successful. He was the top heel in the company in the first 2. My favorite match of Wrestlemania 2 was between Piper/Mr.T mainly because he gots DQ'd instead of getting defeated by a celeb. Fans were chanting for Roddy as he went to the back. Piper would have Piper's pit embarrassing every single person from a midget to Andre The Giant. He was the guy people wanted to see get his butt kicked.
7.Ric Flair-The great part of Ric Flair was he made wrestlers look better than they were in the ring. He would help get the fans to go nuts for the face no matter who the face was. I think the greatest heel moment of his career was turning on Dusty Rhodes after Dusty came out to help Flair. Fans around the ring were trying to get in to help Dusty. They jumped over the barracade. I mean these fans wanted to beat the crap out of Ric Flair for turning on Dusty. I believe that was also the beginning of the 4 Horsemen. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. Flair bragged on the mic being the best dressed, being the best in the biz, and so forth which really made his rivalry with Dusty probably his best rivalry of his career.
8.JBL-The great thing about JBL was he was very smart about how he wanted to do his main event run. He demanded no shirts to be made so fans won't cheer him. He did several great heel things during his 10 month reign on SD always having help winning championship matches. Whether it be Kurt Angle grabbing Eddie's leg during their cage match, Heidenreich costing Taker every title match, win barbwire steel cage match after getting chokeslammed through the ring, and so forth. Probably the biggest heel moment of his career was causing Eddie's mother to have a heart attack in the middle of the ring. Probably the funniest moment was that promo he did with the mexicans making them go back accross the border.
9.Edge-I believe Edge really took his game to another level during 2004 at Taboo Tuesday.HBK voted in which meant the other two had to compete in a tag team title match. Edge left his partner in the middle of the match speeding away in his car. Partner did end up winning the tag titles, but later that night he also cost HBK his World title oppurtunity vs HHH. I believe he received the most ultimate heat when he was with Lita during the summer of 2005. Cashing in MITB 2x after Taker and Cena had been put through hell in cage and Chamber matches. Keeping the world title by DQ just about every time, cheating to win, and having guys who look like him take the bumps so he can rest and steal the victory.
10.Kurt Angle-I know several folks may be upset with HBK not making this list, but I feel Kurt was the better heel. "You suck" chants lasted for several years. Kurt being an American hero getting booed while fans cheering guys who raise hell. LOL! Kurt used the 3 I's and was sort of a dork at times. My favorite moment in Kurt's career was on Raw in 2005 the night he came out complaining about the "You suck" chants refusing to wrestle in front of those fans. Kurt did wrestle later that night when Eric agreed to allow him to have them be censored while they chanted "You suck".
Without a doubt HBK was one of the best heels, but he didn't make my cut. Hope you don't hold it against me even though I know some will. That my friends are my top 10 heels all-time.

Submit "Top 10 heels of all-time!!" to Digg Submit "Top 10 heels of all-time!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 10 heels of all-time!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 10 heels of all-time!!" to Google

Updated 06-14-2012 at 05:26 PM by TheGreatOne (thoughts n opinion)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chris Jericho? Otherwise good list
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    You are lucky you got what you got what you got. I wasn't even born in the 80s.

I liked you're list, it was missing some people but still enjoyable to read. The people complaining do have a point doe why would you make a all time list if you don't know WWF's past. If you're excuse is 'you are lucky you got what you got' why make a all time list??? What you can do to solve this issue is next time or now, put the words in you're title 'my pick'.
    If it's of all time - Macho Man HAS to be on there IMO
    10 Top heels of all time, There's no King Kong Bundy, there no Greg the Hammer, No Rick Rude.

You have gots to be joking really.

Doc ©
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    You actually expect all those wrestlers to make a top 10 list?Go right ahead since you are criticizing me. Make a list of your own.
    It's a suggestion, not a criticism... The title is misleading, so I was expecting a HISTORY lesson... I wasn't even born on those period when the wrestlers I mentioned were making names as HEELS, but I researched, googled, youtube, wikied, et al most if not all of them... Take the comments (not only mine) in a positive and constructive approach and you'll go a long way...

PEACE
    Quote Originally Posted by Docdawolf
    10 Top heels of all time, There's no King Kong Bundy, there no Greg the Hammer, No Rick Rude.

You have gots to be joking really.

Doc ©
    Go ahead and make your top 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly56
    I liked you're list, it was missing some people but still enjoyable to read. The people complaining do have a point doe why would you make a all time list if you don't know WWF's past. If you're excuse is 'you are lucky you got what you got' why make a all time list??? What you can do to solve this issue is next time or now, put the words in you're title 'my pick'.
    My excuse for not having those guys on th list. My picks? Hello, it is my blog that I typed. I even marked it in the category thoughts and opinion. What more do you want from me?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.