View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

WWE vs TNA 1x ppv event.....you book the matches challenge

Rate this Entry
I decided to challenge myself into booking the best show I can with both TNA and WWE talent pools. Trying to sell a huge ppv featuring TNA vs WWE. It is a bit similar to something AWA and other territories did to try to compete with WWE and NWA. For those of you who would like to challenge yourself as well here are the rules you must go by, leave your card in the comment section so I can see it, and have some fun. The rules: #1: Don't book gimmick matches plz!! If I would allow gimmick matches we would probably see crazy cards like Cena vs Roode in a cage match, monster ball match with god knows how many different people involved. Keep it simple plz don't go out of your way to book everyone. No battle royals either. #2 Every match has got to be TNA vs WWE. Someone representing their brand. Don't book fatal 4 ways or 3 ways. Keep it WWE vs TNA and not WWE vs WWE or TNA vs TNA. #3 Use active wrestlers who are actually on the show every week and who can actual wrestle. Hogan can't get in the ring and plz don't respond with some stupid Cena joke. No Hogan, Flair, Taker, Sting, HHH, Rock, and I think you get the point. #4 10 match limit we don't want to get crazy and book 15-20 matches on the show. #5 Book the top draws/superstars. Don't be some mark booking jobbers who can't even make a Raw/Impact/SD while keeping guys like Jeff Hardy, Cena, or even Punk off the show. You must use the top guys!! Almost forgot, book at least one Divas vs Knockout match of your 10 matches. Let us have a bit of fun with this!! Your goal is to get people to buy your fake show. LOL!

AJ Styles vs John Cena
-One could argue this, but I believe AJ is the face of TNA wrestling. Been there since day 1 and has been one of my favorites in TNA since I began watching til now. John Cena is without question the face of the company. Why not have the faces of each company face in a one on one match?
Kurt Angle vs Daniel Bryan-Submission, technical wrestling!! In my opinion, be the match of the night without question if my show actually happened. Kurt Angle is and has been my favorite wrestler for some time now despite his lame twitter rants. The match that decides who's the best in the world. I like Punk and Jericho, but Angle/Bryan are better in the ring if you ask me.
Mr.Anderson vs Orton-Mr.Anderson hates Randy Orton because he believes Orton caused him to lose his job in WWE. Similar to a Hardy/Edge fued in 2005.
Kane vs Abyss-Abyss has always reminded me of two characters from WWE's past. Those two characters were Mankind and Kane which is why I booked him in a match with Kane. Storyline I'd use would be Kane has been watching him quietly rise to the top of the ranks in TNA making a name for himself imitating him.
Bobby Roode vs Sheamus-This match may be the most weird of the show, but I'm going to state why I booked this match. Before Roode's new look came about he looked strangely similar to HHH. Guess what, Sheamus has the same facial hair as HHH. Terrible reason to book the match that way, but you know how it is.
CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy-Hacing Jeff/Punk on the same show with no confrontation would be a disappointment if you ask me. Who ended Jeff's last run in WWE? CM Punk!! Just natural that they cross paths again.
Samoa Joe vs Chris Jericho-You look at WWE's roster trying to find Joe an opponent is tough. I went with Jericho because they are both submission type wrestlers which would help it make a bit of sense. Punk vs Joe was considered, but who would face Jeff Hardy? Jeff is probably the biggest draw in TNA....he's gotta be on the show. Storyline I'd probably go with would be Jericho doesn't truly believe everything he has been saying such as he is the best in the world at what he does. Why can't it be true? He hasn't defeated Samoa Joe!!
Cody Rhodes vs James Storm-Debate whether to have Miz or Rhodes vs Storm, but I chose Rhodes. Why Rhodes vs Storm? Storm's history as being a redneck like Cody Rhodes father. Cody however hasn't embraced his father's roots in the business. Cody over the years has been worrying about his looks, being clean and so forth by forgetting where he came from which would probably be the storyline I'd go with.
Rey Mysterio vs Austin Aries-Why Rey Mysterio vs Aries? In TNA the X-Division is a no limits division mainly for smallers wrestlers like Rey Mysterio and other cruiserweights. Rey is a huge fan fav among the kids and Aries can be one of the best heels in the biz. Guys like Rey opened doors for guys like Aries to have a division of their own. Which probably would be my storyline heading into the match.
ODB vs Eve-Why Eve some may ask? What heel on the WWE roster draws heat like she does. Why ODB? ODB does get a strong reaction from the crowd and is a strong face. ODB and Eve are complete opposites which makes the match entertaining.

I'm certainly planning on doing an attitude era type of one. May do a 3rd featuring ROH in the mix. Hope you liked the card I booked. Welcome critics along with some praise wouldn't hurt. Just something different that I thought would be fun for several other bloggers out there who may have read this.

Submit "WWE vs TNA 1x ppv event.....you book the matches challenge" to Digg Submit "WWE vs TNA 1x ppv event.....you book the matches challenge" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE vs TNA 1x ppv event.....you book the matches challenge" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE vs TNA 1x ppv event.....you book the matches challenge" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I really dont like this at all im sorry, some of ur reasons for having ur matches are just down right stupid (sheamus and Roode, facial hair??) lame sorry. John Cena and AJ Styles wouldnt work at all there styles are too contrasting and it wouldnt be entertaining. Also while i do agree with u on Flair,Rock and Hogan........Triple H (not so much) and Sting still wrestle and should be allowed in the format. For entertainment purposes ill give my card, with no story lines cause lets face it, this will never happen. So here we go just for fun, matching styles and in no order:

AJ Styles v Dolph Ziggler

Santino v Eric Young

Abyss v Kane (i agree here)

Jon Cena v Bobby Roode

Daniel Bryan v Rob Van Dam

C.M Punk v Mr. Anderson

Kurt Angle v Alberto Del Rio

Kingston and Truth v Team 3D (reunite for one time)

Triple H v Sting

Sheamus v Matt Morgan

Beth Phoenix(current best female wrestler there is) v OBD

Yeah thats 11 matches i cheated so sue me !
    it was an ok blog OUCH PRAISING DOES HURT:O
    no but all kidding aside it was ok i don't like the rules though i want to be able to book the people i fucking want not just the top guys half of which i'm not even a fan of (in either company) why have people in a match you made which you don't like? i mean that would be throwing a stone in your own window now wouldn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboy7777777
    no but all kidding aside it was ok i don't like the rules though i want to be able to book the people i fucking want not just the top guys half of which i'm not even a fan of (in either company) why have people in a match you made which you don't like? i mean that would be throwing a stone in your own window now wouldn't it?
    Well said !
    Quote Originally Posted by theunderdog84
    I really dont like this at all im sorry, some of ur reasons for having ur matches are just down right stupid (sheamus and Roode, facial hair??) lame sorry. John Cena and AJ Styles wouldnt work at all there styles are too contrasting and it wouldnt be entertaining. Also while i do agree with u on Flair,Rock and Hogan........Triple H (not so much) and Sting still wrestle and should be allowed in the format. For entertainment purposes ill give my card, with no story lines cause lets face it, this will never happen. So here we go just for fun, matching styles and in no order:

AJ Styles v Dolph Ziggler

Santino v Eric Young

Abyss v Kane (i agree here)

Jon Cena v Bobby Roode

Daniel Bryan v Rob Van Dam

C.M Punk v Mr. Anderson

Kurt Angle v Alberto Del Rio

Kingston and Truth v Team 3D (reunite for one time)

Triple H v Sting

Sheamus v Matt Morgan

Beth Phoenix(current best female wrestler there is) v OBD

Yeah thats 11 matches i cheated so sue me !
    So you are whining because you can't use HHH or Sting? You can't book a good show without them or something? You don't even give reasons to have matches like I did. You didn't even put the top drawer of TNA on the show: Jeff Hardy!!!

You wouldn't like to see Daniel Bryan vs Kurt Angle? Wow!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboy7777777
    So you don't like John Cena and you won't book him on the show. A WWE vs TNA show without the face of the company. That makes a lot of sense. I don't like that guy which is why I won't book him. Go right ahead and book your show without any of the rules I stated. I thought it would be better for the selling point just be TNA vs WWE not to have a bunch of gimmick matches as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    So you are whining because you can't use HHH or Sting? You can't book a good show without them or something? You don't even give reasons to have matches like I did. You didn't even put the top drawer of TNA on the show: Jeff Hardy!!!

You wouldn't like to see Daniel Bryan vs Kurt Angle? Wow!!
    1.yep i wouldnt like to see Daniel Bryan vs Kurt Angle now, maybe Kurt Angle in his prime but honestly i cant remember the last time i was impressed with him, been a few years now at least.

2.Wasnt whining i was giving my opinion just because my opinion didnt agree with yours doesnt mean i cant offer it. Triple H and Sting are still big drawers in the wrestling business, like right at the top.

3.Now your gonna like this one.............. Jeff Hardy, why i leave him off well:

VICTORY ROAD 2011 STING V JEFF HARDY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMUOgsLrgE

He is a liability and an idiot.

4. Your welcome
    CM Punk vs Kurt Angle WWE Championship
    John Cena vs AJ Styles Face of WWE vs Face of TNA
    Randy Orton vs Rob Van Dam World Heavyweight Championship
    Bobby Roode & James Storm vs Big Show & Chris Jericho Impact tag titles
    Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase vs Bubba Ray & Devon Dudley WWE tag team championship
    Jeff Hardy vs Sheamus Impact World Title
    Abyss vs Kane Monster vs Monster
    Kharma vs ODB Knockouts title
    Beth Phoinex vs Mickie James Divas Championship
    Austin Airies vs Daniel Bryan X-Division title
    Christian vs Somoa Joe Intercontinental Championship
    Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Daniel US title
    Zack Ryder vs Robbie E TV title
    Gail Kim & Madison Rayne vs Natayla & Tamina Knockouts Tag titles
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.