View RSS Feed

knox

The differences between Goldberg & Ryback

Rating: 5 votes, 1.00 average.
Hey guys Knox here hoping all is well. Just wanted to talk about the whole Ryback, Goldberg ordeal. As a huge fan of Ryback, this interests me because while I was never and I mean NEVER a fan of Goldberg, he actually is miles ahead of Ryback and I'll tell you why.

Difference #1: Crowd Reaction
I won't call this the PG Era because they've been getting edgier on their product but I think it was the fans that made Goldberg so special. He was getting the largest pops ever after he hit the spears on Nitro thus setting up the Jackhammer slam. It was completely and freakishly insane.

Ryback is in an environment where the live fans aren't as interactive. TNA & ROH fans show a little bit more excitement and I think its the age thing. TNA & ROH crowds are a majority of adults from ages 18-34 so that say's it.

Difference #2: Difference in Opponents
Ryback is sort of hard to get behind because he's beating up jobbers that we never even heard of. The only guy on the WWE roster I recall him facing was Derrick Bateman. I mean c'mon, even Brodus Clay is jobbing out actual known wrestlers like JTG, Hawkins and Primo and the others.

People got behind Goldberg because he was destroying very well over and well known talent week after week giving his streak more merit and prestige. I personally recall Goldberg beating Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Bret Hart, Curt Hennig, William Regal, Raven and other established wrestlers which made it much more fun to watch.

Difference #3: In ring style
Now I feel this is a category that I rule in favor of Ryback. I feel like Ryback has much more strength in his moves and he makes it look much more real and that's what excites me about Ryback.

Goldberg was fierce as well but his spear came out very weak at times. When he actually did perfect the spear right he hurt alot of people, for example Bret Hart. Goldberg had some exciting Japanese like maneuvers but at the end of the day he was reckless. I don't know too much about Ryback yet to label him reckless and quite honestly its too early to even tell but I guess we'll see.

Difference #4: Extrance and Theme Music
I think Goldberg had a perfect theme that struck fear. Not to mention his entrance with the pyro and him standing behind it was epic and the cameras following him from the locker room to the ring madehis full entrance an epic adventure for us all. The streak had that much more prestige from the entrance alone.

Now as far as Ryback, I'm sure his entrance will get better as the streak grows but for now, its whack. His music sounds like a knockoff of "Sweet Dreams" instrumental. Its a decent theme but not for Ryback. He also needs to time his fireworks better to align with the breakdown of his music. This is something that Batista did with perfection when he had fireworks. He timed everything perfect.

I have a suggestion for a new Ryback theme if anyone cares to know. Check out the YouTube link below. Its the instrumental of Jay-Z's "The Dynasty". The music smells streak and epic to me and it would go perfect with Ryback.

Conclusion:
Now keep in mind, I don't want them to make Ryback just like Goldberg. He has enough talent to be his own man but its some obvious features that are lacking from Ryback that could get him more over. These features are the intangibles in which Ryback has no control over. Ryback is doing his job perfect but he can't choose his theme, his opponents and whatever else. But in ring, his presence and everything he controls is spot on.

Hope you all enjoyed this, check out my track below. As always its been a pleasure, please leave feedback. Thanks guys and be safe.

Submit "The differences between Goldberg & Ryback" to Digg Submit "The differences between Goldberg & Ryback" to del.icio.us Submit "The differences between Goldberg & Ryback" to StumbleUpon Submit "The differences between Goldberg & Ryback" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Please, we don't need your music videos at the end of each blog.
    Great blog! I actually like seeing Ryback in WWE. Makes a change having a properly buff machine again, too many not fat but more globular monsters (clay, Henry) have been pushed in recent years. It's nice to see a destructive muscle man again.
    @pjpjr6, um bye

@B-ri, good hearing from you bro hope everything's good in life. Yeah they have something good going here, i like what I'm seeing, and yea its cool he isnt the usual fat guy. His muscular build gives him an advantage. Interesting Vince didnt use this angle for Mason Ryan but im glad he waited and used it for ryback.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjpjr6
    Please, we don't need your music videos at the end of each blog.
    Anything to say about the actual blog itself?

Nice blog. I'll be honest, I liked Goldberg back when I watched WCW. I would say he was one of my favorites when I watched back in 98-the closure of the company.

However, i think Ryback will be better. He's far better in the ring (being an actual wrester rather than a converted football player), and judging from his Skip Sheffield days, he's got some mic skills too (be interesting to see what kind of style he uses when they have him talk, as his new character is very different).

I don't agree with your choice of music for him though. I don't think it suits him one bit. But that maybe just me since I don't like that kind of music.
    Thanks Tommy appreciate that. And yes Skip was nice on the mic, I will never forget his "Yup Yup Yup" catchphrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder
    Anything to say about the actual blog itself?

Nice blog. I'll be honest, I liked Goldberg back when I watched WCW. I would say he was one of my favorites when I watched back in 98-the closure of the company.

However, i think Ryback will be better. He's far better in the ring (being an actual wrester rather than a converted football player), and judging from his Skip Sheffield days, he's got some mic skills too (be interesting to see what kind of style he uses when they have him talk, as his new character is very different).

I don't agree with your choice of music for him though. I don't think it suits him one bit. But that maybe just me since I don't like that kind of music.
    That was a damn good blog and I agree with every point except for the music as well. It doesn't fit him or anyone on the roster.
    @King Scrapper, thanks bro lol maybe the music i chose for him wasn't the best idea. It just screams epic to me. Reminds me of the Billy Kidman's old theme. But yeah thanks for the props on the blog, appreciate it.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.