View RSS Feed

samwrigz

What TNA is doing right and what WWE is doing wrong.

Rate this Entry
Simple. How they use the female talent.

I say female talent because both company's have a lot of talent, but are using it in completely different ways.

TNA exceeds on how brilliant they use the knockouts. They give them around 8-14 minutes every week on Impact, including promos, backstage segments and good long plus a VARIETY of matches. They combine beauty with talent, to create good long matches, too add to that the crowd are INTERESTED! With every knockout match the crowd are into it because they can see the characters and know where to give heat/applaud either heel/face characters. The only criticsm I can give TNA is that they seem biast to some of the knockouts. For example we never really see the likes of Winter, Sarita, Rosita, Angelina Love for a while. Yet knockouts like Gail Kim, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Mickie James and Tara are used regularly. But it's fair to say that TNA do give oppurtunites to different talents at different times.

WWE? If you ask me it's just disturbing the way they use the divas nowadays, of course since trish/lita left we saw the fans slowly losing interest, however there were still decent feuds, decent matches etc all until about last year. I would say since the likes of Mickie James and Michelle McCool left, the division has just been stomped upon. There are hardly ever any matches on RAW/SmackDown and any match we do see is on SuperStars/NXT yet they only use some divas. So you could even say that the divas individually only really get a televised match once a month. Since Layla became the champ I was optimistic because when she was part of Lay-Cool I saw some real good feuds with other divas and goods storylines, even the tables match with beth/natty was great! but WWE haven't even used her since she won. All WWE seem to be doing is pushing AJ with this weird storyline, but I would like to see real DIVA feuds.

To basically conclude I really do think that TNA is using the females really well and creating good feuds. WWE however needs to seriously improve before we say R.I.P to the division.

Submit "What TNA is doing right and what WWE is doing wrong." to Digg Submit "What TNA is doing right and what WWE is doing wrong." to del.icio.us Submit "What TNA is doing right and what WWE is doing wrong." to StumbleUpon Submit "What TNA is doing right and what WWE is doing wrong." to Google

Tags: divas, feud, knockouts, tna, wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. BadAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cobb
    To the person who said WWE is going the right way by getting rid of the Bellas and Kelly Kelly. You do realize they didn't want to get rid of them right? The Bellas left because they wanted to, and Kelly is doing the same.
    As far as my comment about getting rid of them, I know that they left of their own accord. I just feel that the WWE should let them go, not try to resign, look for talent elsewhere, and will have a stronger division because of that. Not to mention they've thankfully taken the orange goddess that is Eve out of the ring. That was just as painful to watch.
  2. Michael Cobb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAndy
    As far as my comment about getting rid of them, I know that they left of their own accord. I just feel that the WWE should let them go, not try to resign, look for talent elsewhere, and will have a stronger division because of that. Not to mention they've thankfully taken the orange goddess that is Eve out of the ring. That was just as painful to watch.
    Ok I got ya. But it's still going to take a lot more than getting rid of a couple women. If they don't push the division it can't grow and get better.
  3. ToiletBowl's Avatar
    The Divas, Knockouts, women wrestlers in general are not interesting. Both companies are using them wrong... outside of Vickie Guerrero. They should only be used as eye candy, managers or valets. That's it. If I wanted to watch women's wrestling, I'd search out old VHS tapes of GLOW. The women wrestlers do not sell merchandise. They are not draws. Anyone who claims they paid to see a particular female wrestler is either not a wrestling fan or a flat out liar. Women's wrestling is a complete time waste.
  4. samwrigz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl
    The Divas, Knockouts, women wrestlers in general are not interesting. Both companies are using them wrong... outside of Vickie Guerrero. They should only be used as eye candy, managers or valets. That's it. If I wanted to watch women's wrestling, I'd search out old VHS tapes of GLOW. The women wrestlers do not sell merchandise. They are not draws. Anyone who claims they paid to see a particular female wrestler is either not a wrestling fan or a flat out liar. Women's wrestling is a complete time waste.
    I'm sorry but are you for real? They should only be used as eye candy? I think you're missing the point here. Womens wrestling has developed over the years to where it is today, my point is that WWE aren't using their talent the way they could. If WWE gave divas the air time to promote, have decent matches and even have decent long feuds like the days of Trish/Lita they could make it interesting! They have the likes of Kharma, Beth, Natty etc to make good tv time! Womens wrestling is not a waste of time and your point is completely sexist. I'm not saying that Womens Wrestling is anyway better than the Males, because it isn't, but I am saying that Womens Wrestling in both WWE and TNA can be utilized to make decent matches and good interesting matches to watch!
  5. johnnylegend's Avatar
    WWE lost its touch. Its said to see what a shit product it has become. The only thing i can thank mcmahon for was putting vader in a match, that was a real treat. Other than that they really need to get off their PG or whatever crap era they have going on, because raw was garbage. Slammiversary definately solidified TNA as a legitimate company. It was definately a solid PPV and TNA is starting to put some better storylines now that Vince Russo is off the creative team.

  6. Michael Cobb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samwrigz
    I'm not saying that Womens Wrestling is anyway better than the Males, because it isn't, but I am saying that Womens Wrestling in both WWE and TNA can be utilized to make decent matches and good interesting matches to watch!
    You are dead on 99%. But I have to respectfully disagree. I've seen some Knock Outs matches that put on a way better march than a lot of the guys. But that too has to do with poor booking.
  7. ToiletBowl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samwrigz
    I'm sorry but are you for real? They should only be used as eye candy? I think you're missing the point here. Womens wrestling has developed over the years to where it is today, my point is that WWE aren't using their talent the way they could. If WWE gave divas the air time to promote, have decent matches and even have decent long feuds like the days of Trish/Lita they could make it interesting! They have the likes of Kharma, Beth, Natty etc to make good tv time! Womens wrestling is not a waste of time and your point is completely sexist. I'm not saying that Womens Wrestling is anyway better than the Males, because it isn't, but I am saying that Womens Wrestling in both WWE and TNA can be utilized to make decent matches and good interesting matches to watch!
    Women's wrestling has greatly regressed since the 80s and early 90s. If you watched GLOW, you saw females that could wrestle with any male. Today they are pushing model types who cant hold a candle (in the ring) to the women wrestlers of the past. And yes, my point may come across as sexist, but it is the truth. Why should I care? I guess I have to be a fan of the WNBA as well?

    The only time I'll get into a Diva match is when Beth Phoenix is in the ring. I used to love Molly Holly as well. I'm not sure why I need to enjoy watching a flat black chick in Kharma. I never got into Viscera.

    Kelly Kelly was botch city. The Bellas never did anything for me. I have more important things to do with my time over watching TNA... like watching paint dry. So, yes, the women in wrestling need to go back to being valets & managers. And apparently most in the business agree with me since the most over female in wrestling is Vickie Guerrero.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.