View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

Five reasons why the WWE Divas are an afterthought these days

Rate this Entry
During the "Attitude Era," the Divas of the WWE at the time consisted of beautiful but very talented wrestlers that included the likes of Trish Stratus, Lita, Sable, and many others.

However as the likes of Stratus and Lita retired from the ring, a new kind of Diva emerged. When Kelly Kelly made her WWE debut back in 2006, her glamorous looks and cheerful personality churned a new type of WWE Diva: looks are everything, talent isn't necessary. Soon, the WWE eschewed the talented female wrestlers in favor of former models, NFL cheerleaders, and NBA dancers nowadays.

Now fast forward to 2012. The Divas anymore rarely have matches on Monday Night RAW and Friday Night SmackDown and instead are relegated to competing on WWE Superstars and WWE NXT. What is to blame for a lack of Divas matches? Well here are five reasons to prove this theory.

1. Lack of fan reaction.
Unless your name is Vickie Guerrero, Divas like Kelly Kelly and Beth Phoenix hardly get a reaction from the WWE Universe.

2. No storylines.
Divas as a rule get no storylines and are usually used as fodder for shows such as Monday Night RAW and Friday Night SmackDown. On the other hand, shows like WWE Superstars are for mid-to-low card talent and the Divas who have no storylines whatsoever. Recently, Divas Eve Torres and A.J. are being involved in storylines like Torres being a member of John Laurinaitis' stable and A.J. being torn between CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.

3. WWE Universe.
When you ask which WWE Superstar a member of the WWE Universe wants to see, chances are that's it's John Cena or CM Punk.

4. The WWE favors the male wrestlers.
Unlike their Diva counterparts (with the exception of Beth Phoenix), WWE's male wrestlers came from pro wrestling backgrounds and are used more often as of late.

5. RAW Supershow.
When Triple H announced on August 29, 2011 that both talent from RAW and SmackDown would be appearing on Monday Night RAW on a regular basis, guys like Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Daniel Bryan took away the TV time normally used by the Divas and not only that, pretty much sealed the fate of WWE Brand Extension as we know it.

Submit "Five reasons why the WWE Divas are an afterthought these days" to Digg Submit "Five reasons why the WWE Divas are an afterthought these days" to del.icio.us Submit "Five reasons why the WWE Divas are an afterthought these days" to StumbleUpon Submit "Five reasons why the WWE Divas are an afterthought these days" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AJ is the best thing going right now as far as the Divas are concerned and I honestly had not noticed until this past RAW that we have not seen much going on with the ladies...cannot say I have missed the pointless matches and lackluster fueds...hopefully something better is in the works?
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking
    AJ is the best thing going right now as far as the Divas are concerned and I honestly had not noticed until this past RAW that we have not seen much going on with the ladies...cannot say I have missed the pointless matches and lackluster fueds...hopefully something better is in the works?
    I agree with you big time. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Divas being left off the No Way Out ​card altogether unless the Divas competed in the preshow match.
    I think the biggest reason for the fall of the Diva's Division, is Vince has no interest in them anymore.

I hope this changes, they have some great talent in developmental, talent who actually have a wrestling background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Tartarus
    I think the biggest reason for the fall of the Diva's Division, is Vince has no interest in them anymore.

I hope this changes, they have some great talent in developmental, talent who actually have a wrestling background.
    I know. Right now, the main focus is the John Cena-Big Show feud, CM Punk taking on Daniel Bryan and Kane, the Sheamus-Alberto Del Rio feud, as well as the People Power movement. Heck, even Christian nor Cody Rhodes weren't on RAW last night as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Rachel
    I know. Right now, the main focus is the John Cena-Big Show feud, CM Punk taking on Daniel Bryan and Kane, the Sheamus-Alberto Del Rio feud, as well as the People Power movement. Heck, even Christian nor Cody Rhodes weren't on RAW last night as well.
    Vince likes to have panic attacks and give most of the show to Cena. No time for Divas.
    what about the other 67 reasons?
    So it isn't the Divas fault......it is the guys in the back?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.