View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Top 10 on the mic all-time!!

Rate this Entry
Finished with the best on the mic today via last blog. Now it is time for me to reveal the 10 best of all-time!! This list is based on my opinion by the way.

1.The Rock-Everyone can argue who is the best, but Rock in my opinion was. You could listen to him talk for hours. How many one line catchphrases, interviews, and so forth can we all remember? Speaks for itself.

2.Roddy Piper-Some people believe Piper is the best, but I don't like to listen to him as much as I do as the Rock.

3.Stone Cold-I believe he is bit under-rated despite being ranked #1 via WWE.com. I thought Piper or Rock would top the list. Everyone in the crowd went crazy when he was on the mic no matter if you had anyone in the ring with him or not. Hell yea!!

4.Ric Flair-Space Mountain among other interviews are among the memories of him on the mic. I enjoy listening to him talk about himself and how much better than he was than his opponents.

5.Dusty Rhodes-I was a bit surprised he wasn't higher on WWE list. His kings and queens interview is probably the most memorable. Probably the best babyface of all-time.

6.Bobby Heenan-Should managers make the list? In any case, I do believe Bobby Heenan was one of the best of his time. The best manager ever in my opinion. He made wrestlers he managed better. That is something WWE is missing today. Managers talking for guys who can't talk that well on the mic. Bobby Heenan was entertaining on the mic!!

7.Jake Roberts-I bought his DVD and heard the story about the drugs, Hogan fued, and so forth. Jake would have been a great world champion for a wrestling promotion. Ended up not in the best way, but Jake's mic work was great. Under-rated if you ask me when it comes to his mic work. Even had his own show called the snake pit.

8.Randy Savage-OOHH YEAAAHHH!! I still hate the fact he passed before getting inducted in the HOF. His ringwork and mic work put him up there with the rest of the greats in the 80s. Including Hulk Hogan during the Hulkamania days. His interviews influenced a lot of wrestlers we see today to get in this business.

9.Hulk Hogan-You know something Mean Gene? How can one leave Hogan off the list with all the memories we have of whatcha gonna do sorta promos that come up in your head. Like him or not.......he is probably the biggest name in the wrestling business.

10.Paul Heyman-His mic work put over wrestlers in the past in WCW and WWE. Most well known is probably Lesnar during that 2002 run. I loved him being the GM of Smackdown. It was great. Unfortunately it was lasted a short time.

There you have it.........my top 10 on the mic in WWE history.

Submit "Top 10 on the mic all-time!!" to Digg Submit "Top 10 on the mic all-time!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 10 on the mic all-time!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 10 on the mic all-time!!" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No Jim Cornette? Maybe he is in your top 20?
    I think this was a really good list, but I'm a little surprised not to see Jericho on there. Plus, I think it's really interesting that you talk about Paul Heyman and didn't even mention anything he did from ECF'nW. But all in all, I enjoyed reading it. Good work.
    You need to have Vince McMahon on the list, his entire character got over based on his mic work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Toad
    No Jim Cornette? Maybe he is in your top 20?
    I'm with you. Never no love for Jimmy SMH.
    No Miz? are you crazy? no just kidding nice list
    You know, I feel that Arn Anderson gets overlooked a lot when it comes to mic skills. He's had some of the most classic one liners ever...for instance coming up with the name "The Four Horsemen" by basically shooting from the hip during a promo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V
    You know, I feel that Arn Anderson gets overlooked a lot when it comes to mic skills. He's had some of the most classic one liners ever...for instance coming up with the name "The Four Horsemen" by basically shooting from the hip during a promo.
    I was thinking about putting Arn in the top 10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.