View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

You Decide: This Week's Subject, Dolph Ziggler

Rate this Entry
Hey Wrestling Fans. The Saviour here with a special blog. Being the visionary that I am, I came up with a new idea. It all started last night. Something got me thinking as I was finishing my Abdominal Stretch Blog post-Raw. I was thinking about possible heel or face turns, and who I'd like to see in the title picture. And then, as always, I try to predict what's going to happen. So I developed this new, interactive blog. I give my opinions on all sides, then at the end, I'll state what I would like to see happen, or what I think has the best chance of happening, and then, leave it up to you, the readers.

This week's subject will be Dolph Ziggler. As we all saw yesterday, Dolph is beginning his separation from Swagger and seemingly from Vickie as well. That became more evident in his backstage shot while Randy Orton was posing after his attack on The Miz. We all know, and yes, I'm including myself, that Dolph needs a change. I'm not the biggest fan of him, and probably never will, but I'm objective in what I blog about, and Dolph deserves his credit. So, I'm going to pose a few questions here, as evident from the title of this blog.

Face or Heel?

Maybe I'm just sick in my attention to detail, but Vickie Guerrero didn't refer to Dolph as the showoff last night during their introduction. Just Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. So, what needs to happen with Dolph moving forward? Well, If the showoff is his gimmick, I don't see how that can work as a face. Everyone wants to believe that a face turn will catapult him to superstardom. However, with two big time face champions, that won't put him in the main event, at least not right away. And he has spent enough time out of the main event. Plus, if he turns face, he'll have to deal with a feud with Swagger that will last probably two PPV's, to complete his turn. Then he'll try to squeeze into a spot in an already very crowded top card. So a feud with an upper mid-carder would probably take up another 2 months as he establishes himself and gains popularity. Then hopefully, there could be a heel champion, and he can slide into a spot.

On the flipside, if he stays a heel, and the angle takes him to become a part of that sports agent guy and his stable, then he can get moved up to be Sheamus' next opponent after Alberto Del Rio. The reports of Mason Ryan being his bodyguard could also come to fruition. And finally, Swagger can move on from Vickie, and she can become GM of either Raw or Smackdown in the hopes that Johnny Ace's time is almost up.

In my opinion, keeping him a heel is a WIN-WIN all the way around.

Champion or Not?

I mentioned in this week's Abdominal Stretch, that if they moved Dolph into the IC Title picture, and kept Miz in the mix, then the IC title would be in very good company. But that comes at the expense of spending more time out of the main event picture. Imagine the potential show-stealing feuds that he could have with the likes of Christian, a face Miz, or even in a heel vs heel feud against Cody Rhodes.

But for the sake of this blog, let's look at Dolph in the main event. We love that CM Punk is currently battling with Daniel Bryan for the foreseeable future. They also seem to have added Kane to the mix. So potentially, Kane could be following up Daniel Bryan as Punk's next challenger. Plus, keeping him away from the WWE title keeps him away from possibly falling victim to Super Cena. So, turn around to Smackdown and maybe Dolph becomes Sheamus' next opponent, assuming Alberto Del Rio goes away after losing at No Way Out. There's plenty of potential there too. If he can feud and eventually win the World Championship from Sheamus, he can feud with Randy Orton. After that, eventually Rey Mysterio's going to return. There's a nice spot for him there with more potential great feuds in waiting.

Okay now it's time to make my prediction as to what will happen.

What I think we will see is him stay heel, go with the AW sports agency, get into the main event, and be Sheamus' next opponent, possibly as early as Money in the Bank. In fact, maybe he can win MITB, and cash in that night on Sheamus, to kick off the feud.

Now's it's your turn. What would you like to see?

Submit "You Decide: This Week's Subject, Dolph Ziggler" to Digg Submit "You Decide: This Week's Subject, Dolph Ziggler" to del.icio.us Submit "You Decide: This Week's Subject, Dolph Ziggler" to StumbleUpon Submit "You Decide: This Week's Subject, Dolph Ziggler" to Google

Comments

He should turn face. Maybe after Punk loses to Bryan, have him feud with Bryan for the WWE champion. We have seen how great Bryan vs Dolph can get when both of them were midcard champs. This would also give chance for Punk to move on to feud with Tensai (I know that would be horrible waste of Punk's talent, but it seems that they will ultimately do this storyline.)
    Ziggler's time has come really. I think there is a chance here at a little "old school" psychology and have him stay heel by turning on Swagger full bore and having Jack actually turn face to see if it could possibly revive him somewhat...like the Miz/Riley storyline but BETTER. Dolph really does not need a mouthpiece or a stable but it could help shine his star a little more towards that eventual top gold. I kinda see Ziggler as a mix between Ric Flair and Mr. Perfect and that is the kind of "showy" heel he should be...

In fact he could stay with Vicki a little longer through his feud with Swagger and have him become more demanding and rude to her (causing her to be sympathetic to Swagger and torn between the two) culminating in her turn against him to cost him a important match against Swagger which could fuel the feud even longer...once we have the blow off between these two Ziggler can turn his cocky attention to the WWE championship and finally show why he is the "show off" and resident #heel.
    he will stay heel.win mitb.fued with orton.beat him at s.slam.cash in on sheamus in night after s.slam
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking
    Ziggler's time has come really. I think there is a chance here at a little "old school" psychology and have him stay heel by turning on Swagger full bore and having Jack actually turn face to see if it could possibly revive him somewhat...like the Miz/Riley storyline but BETTER. Dolph really does not need a mouthpiece or a stable but it could help shine his star a little more towards that eventual top gold. I kinda see Ziggler as a mix between Ric Flair and Mr. Perfect and that is the kind of "showy" heel he should be...

In fact he could stay with Vicki a little longer through his feud with Swagger and have him become more demanding and rude to her (causing her to be sympathetic to Swagger and torn between the two) culminating in her turn against him to cost him a important match against Swagger which could fuel the feud even longer...once we have the blow off between these two Ziggler can turn his cocky attention to the WWE championship and finally show why he is the "show off" and resident #heel.

Couldn't have said it any better
    I don't get why people think a face turn is a catapult to superstardom. I see it as the opposite, most stars are built from being a heel. If Ziggler sticks with the show off gimmick he will stay heel, whereas the Miz has a character that can go between face or heel. You can see the crowd saying 'AWESOME!' with him. A feud between them two would be great, main event or mid card. Ziggler has had a decent build time wise and is coming into his own in a HBK kind of way. I see big things for him this year, especially now with a few top guys out.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.