View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

The Abdominal Stretch: Inching Our Way to No Way Out

Rate this Entry
Hey wrestling fans from everywhere and wherever. The Saviour here with another edition of The Abdominal Stretch.

We are inching our way to No Way Out. Credit to the WWE. They seem to be putting a little more into the feuds leading up to this PPV so far. They've also decided to focus a little more on quality wrestling this week. As it seemed like there were less matches, that lasted longer. So, let's break down the important stuff, shall we?

So without further adieu...

CM Punk/Daniel Bryan Feud...w/ Additions

I love a great technical wrestling match. I don't think we get enough of them on Raw. But DB and Punk put on another good show this week. I have a fear though. I fear that, at No Way Out, Kane will be added to the match, destroying this great feud. I'm also still wondering why they feel the need to add AJ to this. I love seeing her, as she is definitely the hottest Diva. But I don't understand her involvement here. But I will note, yet again, she is so F'ing hot, especially with that sinister look on her face.

The Big Show and the Ever Popular HEEL SUIT

I don't know why the SUIT is always associated with the heel character. The Miz donned a suit following his MITB win as he escalated into one of the top heels of last year. When Dolph was in the middle of his push, they throw a suit on him. Jericho sported the suit, along with Big Show, when they were a heel tag team, and then he kept it going. I'm not going to keep going with it, you all get the point. And then, in predictable fashion, it was, "Nobody loves me.", "I get paid big bucks", and "I do what I want, when I want". Boy, that shtick is really getting old. And finally, he runs ape shit backstage on the jobbers, just like Kane did when he unmasked. It's what Big Show should be. A destroyer. A wrecking machine. A monster.

moving on to....

The Match With Brodus Clay

I think they did the right thing by not actually having the match. You can't jeopardize Big Show's current push and you keep Brodus where he's at. In fact, him stepping up to Big Show, was a good way to get him even more over than he already is. I'm not the biggest Funkasaurus fan, but it was the right move. He really doesn't belong in the ring with Big Show. At least not right now. I only fear that, this is just more fuel for Super Cena. It's set up for him to overcome the odds, once again.

The Quality of Wrestling

The WWE really brought it this week with the quality of wrestling matches. The Tag Title Match was pretty good. Bryan vs Punk was great. Christian vs Miz was entertaining. I must say, it was very refreshing to see. Of course, it did have its crap like Alberto vs Santino, Sheamus vs Otunga, etc...but that's to be expected. Raw gets a little ovation from me in this category this week.

The Intercontinental Title Picture

Christian, Cody Rhodes, The MIz...I was thinking the IC Title is in good company right now. But instead, they opted to keep the Miz in the burial grounds and act as a filler in Jericho's absence. I was actually hoping for a quasi-face turn from Miz, as it is much overdue. Then Dolph is going to go off on his own, probably as a face. Those four would have really made for a very talented IC Title division. It gives main event caliber people, relevancy, since the World and WWE title picture is already set up for the foreseeable future.

Everything else was pretty blah. As I mentioned, there were a few crap matches thrown in there. I still wish there would be a lot less John Laurinaitis segments, and please kill the Teddy Long thing. I also enjoyed no Fat Hakushi, no mic for Randy Orton, and Michael Cole was rather 'not as annoying' this week.

Happy Memorial Day everyone. I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. Be sure to check out Sudden Impact later this week as we'll be breaking down and discussing the Live TNA Impact show.

Be safe everyone.

Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Inching Our Way to No Way Out" to Digg Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Inching Our Way to No Way Out" to del.icio.us Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Inching Our Way to No Way Out" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Inching Our Way to No Way Out" to Google

Comments

Great blog bud. Enjoyed the read. Your views on RAW were dead on , along with directions the E is taking. I enjoyed RAW last night. The only question that lingered in my mind was; "Is it just me, or was the video package the E' delivered about memorial day (what with Cena narrating), seemed like the exact same video they delivered last year? Or.... Have we gotten so much John Cena rambling on about troops that it all sounds the same?! LOL
    Did they keep Cena off of the TV this week? Besides the video package... I dont remember if he appeared on Raw last night. It felt weird seeing less Cena.
    faces and heels are doing the same thing for quite a while now wwe needs to do something new with both of the styles.
    also regal sported the suit far before jericho etc. and the four horsemen far before regal
    the suit usually stands for the high businessmen who you all love to hate you love to fight your unfair boss for what he's doing to you that's why you'd love to see a guy in a suit aka the boss get beat up as evidenced by steve austin vs mr mcmahon the feud
    also faces tend to be the common man who defends us and love the fans and only do it for the fans the heroes who are usually in street clothes. as a sign of their normality they are just like us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboy7777777
    faces and heels are doing the same thing for quite a while now wwe needs to do something new with both of the styles.
    also regal sported the suit far before jericho etc. and the four horsemen far before regal
    the suit usually stands for the high businessmen who you all love to hate you love to fight your unfair boss for what he's doing to you that's why you'd love to see a guy in a suit aka the boss get beat up as evidenced by steve austin vs mr mcmahon the feud
    also faces tend to be the common man who defends us and love the fans and only do it for the fans the heroes who are usually in street clothes. as a sign of their normality they are just like us.
    I agree, but seemingly everyone wears a suit these days. Take the four horsemen. They wore suits and did the whole Stylin & Profilin and all that. You saw them and knew they were definitely Cream of the Crop.

But imagine how watered down it would be if, say, The Freebirds, Midnight Express, Eddie Gilbert, and Butch Reed were all donning suits as well. It wouldn't have been as special.

The same goes for today's heels. You know what would happen if, say, Santino turned heel? He'd show up the next week in a suit. It's bland and stale.
    Id like to see the bryan-Punk fued go to Summerslam.Adding different things to it makes it more interesting i think rather than it just being those two.Kane will add more experience for no way out but then a love triangle starts with bryan wanting to get back with AJ but AJ wanting Punk.AJ is in Punks corner but then costs him the title and gets back with bryan.Punk regains the title at S.Slam and then they finish the fued on RAW with a punk win.AJ and Bryan then split up again.
    Cena will beat Show at No Way out but Show will beat cena at MITB.
    Miz should turn face and join cena against lauranithus

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.