View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

The best on the mic in the wrestling biz today!!

Rate this Entry
I came up with this list thinking of who is the best on the mic today. After of course reading the all-time list which I'll deliver mine soon. This is the best on the mic today which includes ROH, WWE, and TNA even though TNA didn't have a wrestler to make this list. Let us drop managers(Heyman + Truth Martini), part timers (Rock + Taker), and lets talk about the young guns today who is wrestling 200+ days a year. This is just based on my opinion of who I want to hear. Who do you turn the volume up to hear speak? I'm picking on unpredictability mostly.

1.Briscoe Brothers-Correct me if I'm wrong, but has there ever been a tag team as good as them on a mic? Maybe the New Age Outlaws?
2.Kevin Steen-One could argue Steen because of unpredictability, but I went with the Briscoe Brothers.
3.CM Punk-I know people may hate on me for not having Punk higher, but his mic work seems to be more scripted now days.
4.John Cena-Whether Cena haters want to admit this, they want to hear what Cena has to say. No matter who claims they turn the channel when he appears is full of crap. They not only want to hear what he has to say, but they want to know the results of his matches. I'm not a Cena mark by any means or Cena hater, but you want to hear what Cena has to say.
5.Miz-During his championship no one was better.
6.R-Truth-unpredictable!! Comedy, rap, or whatever it may be.....you want to hear what he has to say. Very entertaining on the mic!
7.Mike Bennett-The prodigy tells us all like it is whether we want to hear it or not.
8.Cody Rhodes-Cody has gotten a lot better on the mic over the years. Couldn't stand it when he had the mic in his hands when he was with Legacy. Now when he takes shots at Big Show and so forth........you want to hear what he has to say.
9.Roderick Strong-Truth Martini helps Strong at times, but I think Strong is rather good on the mic. Elgin(partner) really isn't good at all.
10.Christian-I'm a huge Christian fan and like his mic work. I still believe he is one of the best in the biz on the mic especially as a heel.
Honorable mention: Santino-unpredictable and is funny at times.

Why no TNA wrestler? I'm a fan of TNA and watch it every week, but no wrestler really stands out where you want to hear them speak. I don't want to hear Sting or Hogan talk anymore. Roode's promos are predictable. Kennedy is annoying to me with his donkey references. Bully Ray is pretty good, but is predictable at times claiming he is going to attack the fans.Daniels/AJ fued is the most annoying fued in wrestling. Well, you could argue Show/Cena, but how many times does AJ have to help Daniels keep employment in TNA? It is annoying for him year after year have to hold Daniels up because he can't stand on his own 2 feet. Daniels is still living in 2005 in the TNA world with this AJ fued. Enough is enough!!

Submit "The best on the mic in the wrestling biz today!!" to Digg Submit "The best on the mic in the wrestling biz today!!" to del.icio.us Submit "The best on the mic in the wrestling biz today!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The best on the mic in the wrestling biz today!!" to Google

Updated 05-28-2012 at 08:42 PM by TheGreatOne (tna)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Very good list and for today, I'd say this is an accurate list. I'm shocked you didn't include Bully Ray but none the less its a great list. Good blog and great explanations for each.
    1.Briscoe Brothers
    2.Kevin Steen
    3.CM Punk.
    4.John Cena.
    5.Miz.
    6.R-Truth
    7.Mike Bennett.
    8.Cody Rhodes.
    9.Roderick Strong.
    10.Christian-.
    Honorable mention: Santino
    I think you have an interesting list here. Personally, I feel that you have a few people a little higher than they deserve. If your going with a list of current mic men, you'd have to place Cena towards the lower end of the list. Currently, Cena is ripping of Ace Ventura from the 90s. I don't personally find that to be a "current" top mic man. Miz needs to drop down to around the 7-8 spot. He currently doesn't get to talk on the mic much, unless it's to set up Randy Orton walking to the ring for an RKO. As much as I like Roderick Strongs inring work, he isn't good on the mic. Truth Martini is good on the mic, whereas Roderick looks as bland as a sheet of paper.

My biggest complaint with the list is that you left off Jon Moxley, yet included Kevin Steen. Steen is great, but Moxley is better. You could have both on the list, but you'd have to get rid of the Prodigy, Rhodes, Truth, Miz or Christian to get him on there. Ambrose should be between 1-5 on the list of current mic men. Also, you place Miz's current Mic abilities over Austin Aries. That's a no no. Miz might be able to say what he's told to say in a convincing voice, but Aries can make you believe that every word he says he truly believes with his whole heart. On a personal note, I think Bully Rays current character is better than R-Truth, Strong, or Christian. He might use a cheap bit of heat in his promos, but he pulls off being the ass very well.

Honorable Mentions - Chris/Joseph Parks, Jericho (one of the top 10 greatest of all time, but currently suspended for using too much cheap heat), Eric Young, Sami Callahan, Santino
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin
    I think you have an interesting list here. Personally, I feel that you have a few people a little higher than they deserve. If your going with a list of current mic men, you'd have to place Cena towards the lower end of the list. Currently, Cena is ripping of Ace Ventura from the 90s. I don't personally find that to be a "current" top mic man. Miz needs to drop down to around the 7-8 spot. He currently doesn't get to talk on the mic much, unless it's to set up Randy Orton walking to the ring for an RKO. As much as I like Roderick Strongs inring work, he isn't good on the mic. Truth Martini is good on the mic, whereas Roderick looks as bland as a sheet of paper.

My biggest complaint with the list is that you left off Jon Moxley, yet included Kevin Steen. Steen is great, but Moxley is better. You could have both on the list, but you'd have to get rid of the Prodigy, Rhodes, Truth, Miz or Christian to get him on there. Ambrose should be between 1-5 on the list of current mic men. Also, you place Miz's current Mic abilities over Austin Aries. That's a no no. Miz might be able to say what he's told to say in a convincing voice, but Aries can make you believe that every word he says he truly believes with his whole heart. On a personal note, I think Bully Rays current character is better than R-Truth, Strong, or Christian. He might use a cheap bit of heat in his promos, but he pulls off being the ass very well.

Honorable Mentions - Chris/Joseph Parks, Jericho (one of the top 10 greatest of all time, but currently suspended for using too much cheap heat), Eric Young, Sami Callahan, Santino
    I'm not going to lie, I was thinking about putting Moxley aka Damien Sandow on here, but since he is just debuting on WWE.....I figured he shouldn't make the list so soon.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.