View RSS Feed

Dean Klebonas

Top 5: What Championships should come Back?

Rate this Entry
This is my second Top 5. My last one has had a lot of arguing, but I think this one will be a little more agreeable. A lot of great championships have disapeared over the years, so here are the the ones that should come back:
5. Cruiserweight Championship

This championship could do a lot to benifit WWE. Guys like Trent, Reks, Hawkins, and Riley could really use something to get noticed. This championship would give these guys and other undergraded superstars something to do other than fight on a show that no one watches.
4. Women's Championship

The Divas Division is slowly growing. Divas matches are the ones that are most likely to be fast-forwarded. There aren't enough story-lines. One championship for them going around is a little boring, so if this championship was brought back, The Divas might be a little more noticeable.

3. European Championship

This is a hard list, considering there weren't a lot of championships worth bringing back. This one would just give something else for them to fight about. I don't really know a lot about the championship, but it would be a good thing just to have...

2. Million Dollar Championship

Ted Dibiase Jr. is a very great competitor, and I think this title just fits in WWE. If Zack Ryder has his own championship, why can't Dibiase have his?

1. Hardcore Championship

I think, without a doubt, this will not be argued. This championship is an awesome championship. It is a championship that is well deserved by so many superstars, and it would definatley raise WWE status. This championship deserves to be in WWE

Submit "Top 5: What Championships should come Back?" to Digg Submit "Top 5: What Championships should come Back?" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5: What Championships should come Back?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5: What Championships should come Back?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtts101
    Like most, I agree the Cruiserweight title should be the first to be brought back. Especially if there is going to be a cruiserweight specific show, but think we should see it defended on a least Smackdown as well.
    Like thegreatone said, there is no place in today's PG WWE for a hardcore title.
    Euro title has been replaced with US.
    No point in 2 Women's championships with lack of a real division.
    They tried bringing back the Milliondollar belt with Dibiase Jr before and didn't really do much with it, so why bother trying again...
    The biggest thing is I too belive they need to merge the WWE/World titles. Especially with lack of a brand split. After that, make the IC and US titles show specific and more wanted like they were a few years ago.
    And for the love of all that is holy in wrestling, BRING BACK THE TAG DIVISION! WITH TRUE TAG TEAMS!!!
    They need to create a women's tag team championship so they can have a reason to all the ugly talentless diva's ( Eve , Kelly Kelly , Alicia Fox , etc. ) ! Also , they should merge the WWE & World Titles and return the original WWE Title or use the WHC because the spinner WWE title is retarded !!! Then the US & IC titles should be the main title on each show . Then you'd have the cruiserweight title on its own show , diva's champion , women'a tag championships , WWE tag championships on both shows with the WWE WHC ruling over all shows !!!
    I choose 2 championships to come back First is the cruserweight title so all the lightweight wrestling entertainers could show us again the face pace, high flying and great wrestling matches. Second the womens championship so they can teach these no talented divas how to wrestle and bring back the wrestling entertainment from the Womens Division
    I'm tempted to say cut it down to one world title, drop the US and bring back the cruiser-weight belt. That gives three belts for the single competitors, the tag title and the diva's belt. If they bring back the women's title they should ditch the diva's.

Half the time I forget who the US champ is these days, I don't think the title has had any real prestige in a while. They're trying to build up the IC belt again and it would be easier to do without them having to mention the US one from time to time.

Unification makes more sense now that they don't seriously stick to the two rosters
    [QUOTE=TheMiz;bt61174]WWE TAG TEAM title Should be brought back. the current ones look like garbage[/QUOTE]

Couldnt agree more!!!
    I agree with all except the Million Dollar Championship. It had a brief return stint in 2010 but I don't think it should be brought back. Instead, I think they should split the Tag Team titles between two brands again and bring back the World Tag Team Championships. Tag Teams are on the rise again with Truth & Kingston, Hawkins & Reks, O'Neil & Young, The Usos, Hunico & Camacho, Swagger & Ziggler and Primo & Epico.
    Nice comments and I don't have too much to add. I agree with merging the WWE and World Titles along with the IC and US Titles.

It's confusing as a fan to see both the US and IC titles and try to figure out which is more prestigious...I mean it's the United States and a U.S. promotion so that belt should mean a lot....but then the Intercontinental is multiple continents so maybe that means more??

I don't mind bringing back the Cruiserweight belt but don't just feature that on the WWE Network show!!

The WWE spinner belt needs to go. Watching old matches and seeing the old belt I didn't even remember how much better the old one looked.
    Just bring back the cruiser weight title have one WWE title,
    maybe have Antonio Cesaro (Claudio) go after the U.S Title win it and while he is champion he wears the Europian championship because he's 'very European'.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.