View RSS Feed

Dean Klebonas

Top 5: What Championships should come Back?

Rate this Entry
This is my second Top 5. My last one has had a lot of arguing, but I think this one will be a little more agreeable. A lot of great championships have disapeared over the years, so here are the the ones that should come back:
5. Cruiserweight Championship

This championship could do a lot to benifit WWE. Guys like Trent, Reks, Hawkins, and Riley could really use something to get noticed. This championship would give these guys and other undergraded superstars something to do other than fight on a show that no one watches.
4. Women's Championship

The Divas Division is slowly growing. Divas matches are the ones that are most likely to be fast-forwarded. There aren't enough story-lines. One championship for them going around is a little boring, so if this championship was brought back, The Divas might be a little more noticeable.

3. European Championship

This is a hard list, considering there weren't a lot of championships worth bringing back. This one would just give something else for them to fight about. I don't really know a lot about the championship, but it would be a good thing just to have...

2. Million Dollar Championship

Ted Dibiase Jr. is a very great competitor, and I think this title just fits in WWE. If Zack Ryder has his own championship, why can't Dibiase have his?

1. Hardcore Championship

I think, without a doubt, this will not be argued. This championship is an awesome championship. It is a championship that is well deserved by so many superstars, and it would definatley raise WWE status. This championship deserves to be in WWE

Submit "Top 5: What Championships should come Back?" to Digg Submit "Top 5: What Championships should come Back?" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5: What Championships should come Back?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5: What Championships should come Back?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Why have more titles brought back if more than half are not worth a grain of salt? IC and US titles have all lost their prestige. Can't say much about the tag titles. Hardcore championship with no blood or shots to the head...........let us let the titles legacy alone.
    The only championship that should return is the Cruiserweight Championship. However, I don't feel it would have any prestige on any of the current WWE programs. I hope it returns and is exclusive to the Cruiserweights show on WWE Network.

I'd also like to see the Womens Championship as opposed to the Divas Championship but I suppose I couldn't really care less.

As for the WWE's current championships, I think the WWE/World and IC/US Championships should be merged. The mid-card championships have lost some of the prestige they used to have. A lone Intercontinental Championship is all that is necessary and it may gain some of the prestige it has previously lost. I just think the WWE/World Championships should be merged as the brand split doesn't really seem to exist anymore.
    Why would you want the million dollar title back? ...I don't see a point to compete for that title as I don't understand what it really represents other showing you have money?
    Before I even read the list my first thought was "Cruiserweight, Women's, Hardcore" Good list man! Wish it was a bit longer though (more detailed, not more entries)
    Like most, I agree the Cruiserweight title should be the first to be brought back. Especially if there is going to be a cruiserweight specific show, but think we should see it defended on a least Smackdown as well.
    Like thegreatone said, there is no place in today's PG WWE for a hardcore title.
    Euro title has been replaced with US.
    No point in 2 Women's championships with lack of a real division.
    They tried bringing back the Milliondollar belt with Dibiase Jr before and didn't really do much with it, so why bother trying again...
    The biggest thing is I too belive they need to merge the WWE/World titles. Especially with lack of a brand split. After that, make the IC and US titles show specific and more wanted like they were a few years ago.
    And for the love of all that is holy in wrestling, BRING BACK THE TAG DIVISION! WITH TRUE TAG TEAMS!!!
    Here's what I think instead of having 5 belts back Ill just bring back 3.

3. Cruiserweight Championship
    2. Hardcore Championship (With the 24/7 rule)
    1. Women's Tag Team Championship
    WWE TAG TEAM title Should be brought back. the current ones look like garbage
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.