View RSS Feed

wrestlingfan66513

Blog Wars 21: Top 5 Cruiserweights Part 2

Rate this Entry
Welcome back to part 2. The first 2 lists were amazing so let's see if the next 2 are just as good. Remember to VOTE AT THE BOTTOM.

pauadrian

5 Billy kidman

Billy Kidman was the embodiment of the cruiserweight division at its time, when you think of a cruiserweight you think about somebody like Billy Kidman. This guy was all over the place in WCW, a 3 time 3 time 3 time, cruiserweight champion of the world and 1 time cruiserweight tag team champion with Rey Mysterio in WCW, in WWE he held the cruiserweight tile 4 times and one tag team championship with Paul London. You have to agree with me Here Billy Kidman was one of the best cruiserweights in history up to date

4 Jushin Liger

One of the best cruiserweights japaneese wrestlers of all time Just Thunder Liger. This man had an impact on the cruiserwight division everywhere he went. He had memorable matches with Chris Jericho during histime in Japan, as well as having a great matches against Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio and Malenko. This guy paid high prices to make the cruiserweight division as exciting as it is now.

3 Rey Mysterio

The biggest little man Rey Mysterio, he was one of the first cruiserweights, working his ass off like most wrestlers in the old days traveling through Japan, Mexico and climbing the ladder to stardom. He had great matches with his longtime rival and best friend Eddie Guerrero as well as with Dean Malenko. He rocketed the cruiserweights in WCW and WWE. He could be considered the most successful Mexican in history behind El Santo

2 Eddie Guerrero

One of the modern greats of professional wrestling, Eddie Guerrero had it all and could have achieved more than just being a cruiserweight. From the mic skills to the in ring ability. This guy not only put great matches against the cruiserweights but he also could hang with the top dogs, and he proved it in his emotional match with Brock Lesnar. Even though his life was cut short this man could have achieved much more

1 Chris Jericho

The best in the world at everything he does, while he may not be classified as a cruiserweight right now. He was always in the cruiserweight division in WCW. He shined there where he had matches and feuds with the likes of Dean Malenko and Rey Mysterio were the ones stealing the show. The man traveled all around the world and worked his ass of to be the best, from traveling around in Mexico, Japan, the indies and finally working his way up the ranks through ECW, WCW and finally achieving his lifelong dream being a WWE superstar. The 6 time world champion is numero 1

Destruction

Hello everyone, here I am again, Destruction, challenging AGAIN for the Blog Wars Championship. If you all remember, Blog Wars 18 (I believe it was), I became a one time Blog Wars champion, but due to technical difficulties, I forfeited the championship, which Giddy won and has defended so far.

This week the topic is top 5 cruiserweights. Now, I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for my list, because I haven't included independent wrestlers. The reason why, is because I don't have the time to follow the indies, and see all of these top wrestlers in action. Therefore, my list will be mostly based on the ones I know, and probably not the best around. Also, there are 2 names in my list many will not consider cruiserweights, but if they challenged for the championship, they qualify in my book. But hey ho, let's get going

Number 5: Billy Kidman

This man here, had a very successful career as a Cruiserweight. Although, his first year in WCW, led him to being a no-gimmick jobber, until he joined Raven's Flock. He had little success in the group, but soon became a 2 time Cruiserweight Champion. Also a member of the Filthy Animals, and won tag championships, his time in WCW was awesome. Watching the Shooting Star Press, was like watching Pablo Picasso at his work.

Later on he went to WWF, where he was a member of the Aliance in the invasion storyline, although an injury restricted his role. He went on to win Cruiserweight Championships again, and feuded/won the tag championship with Paul London. Now he works as a backstage worker in WWE (he appeared on screen during Lesnar/Cena brawl), he's one of the most successful cruiserweights ever!

List of accomplishments
-7 Time Cruiserweight Champion
-1 Time Cruiserweight Tag Team Champion (w/Mysterio)
-3 Time Tag Team Champion (w/Paul London, w/Myserio and w/Konnan)

Number 4: Chris Jericho

Well, what can you say about “Lionheart” Chris Jericho, “Y2J” Chris Jericho, the man who made famous the Codebreaker. Started off in ECW, and later WCW, feuding with Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio, Goldberg (kinda), and winning many championships along the way. He joined the WWF/E, became the first Undisputed Champion, put on great matches with Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit and more recently CM Punk. He made the Liontamer/Walls of Jericho one of the most exciting finishing moves, innovated the Lionsault, Chris Jericho is a legend in wrestling, and started it off as a cruiserweight. I expect to lose some votes for including Jericho, because he isn't a 100% cruiserweight, but he learnt his trade in the big leagues there, and some of his most exciting stuff, was in that division

List of Accomplishments

-1 Time ECW TV Champion
-4 Time Cruiserweight Champion
-1 Time WCW TV Champion.
-1 Time Undisputed Champion.
-1 Time WCW Champion
-3 Time World Heavyweight Champion.
-9 Time Intercontinental Champion
-5 Time Tag Champion (w/Big Show, Christian, Edge, Chris Benoit and The Rock)
-2 Time European Champion
-1 Time Hardcore Champion

Number 3: Rey Mysterio

Arguably the best cruiserweight of all time, Rey Mysterio is easily one of the most popular. Although there were other cruiserweights who put on better matches, or were better on the mic, Rey Mysterio set the stage for crusierweights to enter the Main Event Scene. A member of ECW, WCW and WWE, he had many, many successful feuds, with people such as Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton etc. He won the World Heavyweight Championship twice, the WWE Championship for 90 minutes, and is immensely popular all over the world. Deserving of the place of number 3 of the top cruiserweights

List of Accomplishments

-1 Time WWE Champion
-2 Time World Heavyweight Champion
-2006 Royal Rumble Winner
-8 Time Cruiserweight Champion
-1 Time Cruiserweight Tag Team Champion (w/Billy Kidman)
-7 Time Tag Champion (w/Billy Kidman, Juventud Guerrera, Konnan, Edge, Rob Van Dam, Eddie Guerrero and Batista)
-2 Time Intercontinental Champion

Number 2: Dean Malenko

Malenko has had a storied career, so much so that I won't go highly over all of it. Debuting in ECW in 1994, becoming “The Shooter” Dean Malenko, and later forming “Triple Threat” with Chris Benoit and Shane Douglas. He was at one time, a double champion, holding the Televison Championship, and the Tag Championship with Benoit, He then had a memorable feud with Eddie Guerrero, ending in an awesome 2 out of 3 falls match, which was both of theirs last match in ECW

He then moved on to WCW, where he feuded with Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho among others. He became “The Iceman”, because of his cold demeanor, and known as “The Man of 1000 holds”. He became Cruiserweight Champion 4 times, United States Champion, and a member of the Four Horsemen, and The Revolution.

He again moved on in 2000, to the WWF, where he debuted as part of The Radicalz, and a multi time light heavyweight champion. He became Double Hoe Seven, and feuded with Scotty 2 Hotty, and The Hardys/Lita, before eventually retiring. He is easily deserving of a place of the top 5 cruiserweights.

List of Accomplishments

-2 Time ECW World Televison Champion.
-2 Time World Tag Team Champion (w/Benoit)
-4 Time Cruiserweight Champion
-1 Time United States Champion.
-1 Time Light Heavyweight Champion.

Number 1: Eddie Guerrero

Lying, Cheating, and Stealing, Eddie Guerrero was one of the most popular wrestlers of his generation, until his untimely death in 2005. In ECW and WCW, feuds with Dean Malenko were immensely popular, and won a few championships there. He found his most success however, in WWE, where he was part of the Radicalz, had a relationship with Chyna, love/hate friendships with Batista and Rey Mysterio, beating “The Next Big Thing” Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship, inducted into the 2006 Hall of Fame, Eddie, is in my view, the best ever cruiserweight.

List of Accomplishments

-2006 Hall of Fame Inductee
-1 Time WWE Champion
-4 Time Tag Champion (w/Tajiri, Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero twice)
-2 Time European Champion.
-2 Time Intercontinental Champion.
-2 Time Cruiserweight Champion
-2 Time US Champion
-2 Time ECW TV Champion

That's it for this episode. I want to end by saying everyone here did an amazing job on their lists and put a lot of thought into it. I can't wait to see how voting will turn out.

Submit "Blog Wars 21: Top 5 Cruiserweights Part 2" to Digg Submit "Blog Wars 21: Top 5 Cruiserweights Part 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Blog Wars 21: Top 5 Cruiserweights Part 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blog Wars 21: Top 5 Cruiserweights Part 2" to Google

Updated 05-26-2012 at 08:20 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm gonna go with Destruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX
    Dr Death gets my vote.

All great lists and it breaks my heart to vote against Eddie G but Deaths is a level above.

Plus I wouldn't mind a rematch of the pilot of blog wars :P
    The one in which you didn't get a vote ;D
    Ok...... Where is ultimo dragon? smh
    Quote Originally Posted by areyouready?
    I dropped him for Kidman
    Quote Originally Posted by areyouready?
    Read the comments of part 1 dude.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.