View RSS Feed

YES! YES! YES!

Damien Sandow

Rate this Entry
I love a good heel. the arrogance, the cowardly nature, always taking the easy way out well being completely oblivious to their own arrogance and cowardly ways. A heel that truly believes they are benefiting the audience with their words and actions. truly feeling they are right and that they should be loved.

I feel that Damien Sandow is a great example of this and I really have enjoyed his first few appearances on Smackdown. He first caught my attention with his vignettes that aired for a few weeks on Smackdown prior to his debut. I liked his look, and I thought he was very well spoken and convincing. I find him to be very believable in his role as the "self proclaimed intellectual savior of the masses". He speaks arrogantly, uses big words and I find it refreshing to see someone annoy the crowd by using big words, treating the fans like they are not any where near his level of intelligence or class.

His debut on Smackdown went very well, He drew instant heat, a very solid showering of boo's. the fact that he refused to face his opponent because he was not a worthy opponent was a clever angle which really seemed to make the WWE universe hate him even more.

Last week on Smackdown we were finally lucky enough to see Sandow perform in the ring. once he was called a "chicken" by yoshi tatsu he completely lost his cool and broke out of his sophisticated, intelligent disposition and turned into a ragging psycho path. the fact that he was wearing a bright pink pair of tights and purple knee pads was hilariously unexpected and not at all what I thought he would be wearing underneath his long robe. He assaulted yoshi and left him laying motionless in the ring. Then as Sandow retreated backstage, he once again adopted his calm, arrogant, sophisticated, intelligent persona.

This week on Smackdown he once again was in a match with yoshi. and once again before the match he cut a promo which got him some pretty solid negative reactions from the crowd. as soon as the match began yoshi quickly tried to attack Sandow, seeking revenge for last weeks beat down. Sandow quickly leaned through the ropes out the ring to avoid yoshi. while doing so he yelled "im not ready" "get him away" "referee please do your job". the cowardly heel at its best. he then used a quick distraction to take advantage of yoshi and the beat down was on, a short time later Sandow pinned poor yoshi for the 1,2,3.

Now for the best part of the match...... what victory celebration would be complete without a ridiculous cartwheel which is of course what Sandow did after securing the win. just the sight of this guy who is the "self proclaimed intellectual savoir of the masses" performing a cartwheel in the ring wearing pink and purple was priceless. it just seems like such a perfect contradiction from what his character is..... when he isn't wearing a robe, and preaching to the masses, hes losing his cool, wearing pink and purple, and doing cartwheels.

I think Sandow has been the most entertaining of the new Smackdown superstars (Ryback and Antonio Cesaro) while drawing the biggest reaction out of three. I look forward to see how his role on Smackdown progresses as the weeks go by.

Submit "Damien Sandow" to Digg Submit "Damien Sandow" to del.icio.us Submit "Damien Sandow" to StumbleUpon Submit "Damien Sandow" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Awesome!! Thanks for these links!! this guys great.
    My only issue with Sandow... Does he have to completely rip off everything, especially the cartwheel from Lanny Poffo's "Genius" character?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.